Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
is that the finale? i guess i was hoping for something a bit less inevitable than "annoying blonde girl triumphs over creepy bald wizard". sad to see tyrion banged up, he has been my favourite character by far. and i want arya to tell that man to kill joffrey GOD DAMN I WANT SOMEONE TO KILL JOFFREY

edit: also the face change thing was awesome, best part of episode

ive only watched season one so far but to be honest the character that facinates me is Daenerys, she stuck out to me as a great character from ep 1, and she was so developed already.

Even thought she single handedly killed her husband and baby, which pissed me off a bit, becuase khal drago was such a cool character too

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
It wasn't her fault. The witch killed her son, and Drogo couldn't even be "awoken" anymore. He was as useless. Dany NEEDED to do that. And besides, with the blood of a King/Khal and Fire, she hatched her dragons.

The witch didn't want any "Stallion who Mounts the World"

well you are right, it was her sympathy for the witch that inevitably killed both of them though. But yeah the result ended in her hatching the dragons.

Though I still liked Khal Drago :(

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The witch didn't want any "Stallion who Mounts the World"
Part of me snickers whenever I hear that.

Anyways, finished Feast For Crows, and although I heard mostly negative reviews, I thought it was a pretty good read, albeit not as good as the rest. I found Cersei fascinating in the book; the amount of paranoia and pride that drives her actions in sometimes (mostly) illogical and downright stupid and dangerous paths was very fun to read, especially with what happens to her in the end. It's easy to dismiss Cersei as a bitch, but I've gradually come to be a bit more sympathetic, even though I can't say that I don't think she's doing a good job.

At the moment, waiting for A Dance with Dragons to come out in paperback (probably a year, so I"ll probably cave in and buy the hardcover ugh), but I'm pretty excited about it.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyways, finished Feast For Crows, and although I heard mostly negative reviews, I thought it was a pretty good read, albeit not as good as the rest. I found Cersei fascinating in the book; the amount of paranoia and pride that drives her actions in sometimes (mostly) illogical and downright stupid and dangerous paths was very fun to read, especially with what happens to her in the end. It's easy to dismiss Cersei as a bitch, but I've gradually come to be a bit more sympathetic, even though I can't say that I don't think she's doing a good job.

At the moment, waiting for A Dance with Dragons to come out in paperback (probably a year, so I"ll probably cave in and buy the hardcover ugh), but I'm pretty excited about it.
Pretty much all of this :/

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
well you are right, it was her sympathy for the witch that inevitably killed both of them though.

Though I still liked Khal Drago :(
Meh. If he had of listened to her instructions, and not drank/not used the fiery ointment/not torn off the bandages he would have been fine
But yeah he was a bamf. Would have been cool to seem him take over westeros
I thought it was august 2012? I'm nearly certain I pre-ordered it on amazon for august 2012.
Yeah, check it.

A Feast of Crows is boring compared to its "parallel" A Dance with Dragons.

Theon might be an asshole, but as Reek, he's much more pitiful. And Rhaega's son..whoa what a revelation.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
It's time for the best use of a 1K post ever.

Game of Thrones is about to start up and this season should be amazing. A Storm of Swords, which this season is based off of, is easily my favorite book in the series. A lot of stuff is going to happen and it should be amazing from start to finish. Who are you guys rooting for this season? What do you think is going to happen?

Please leave any book spoilers in secret tags so we don't spoil it for any non-book readers.

grats on 1k!

i'm personally most excited to see whether dany will hit her stride and begin making an impact on the rest of westeros with her dragons

also obviously all the white walker stuff that the end of season 2 left us with

i haven't read the books but those are two things i'm looking forward to

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
i'm looking foward to everything regarding jamie. his chapters in a storm of swords were amazing and i hope this season does them justice.

also looking foward to (king of spoilers so dont you dare fucking click it if you havent read all of a storm of swords)
the red wedding; robb and cat's demise

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm interested to see how much the series deviates from the book, a few minor things have already been changed so I'm wondering how much more thats going to happpen.

Also looking forward to Jon Snow's story progressing. His chapters were great in the book, and should translate really well to TV.

I'm reallly hoping The Red Wedding is as good as it was in the books. I think it has the potential to be an outstanding scene (hopefully as good as Blackwater!!) and I hope they do it justice.

Thanks for the spoiler tags. Appreciate the looking out. I want to go in blind.

I'm just glad Walking Dead ends when this gets going. Thank you TV Series gods.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Honestly more than the scene everyone else is clamouring for, the one I'm most interested to see is

Daenerys' revolt in Astapor (I think? I always mess up city names) as soon as she gets her Unsullied.

I'm almost halfway through A Dance with Dragons and A Storm of Swords is by far my favourite so far so can't wait for this season! The trailers have been so well done. I love the Extended Trailer for Season 3:

http://youtu.be/C1pbtBX9Kok

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I thought it was a bit slow for a series opener, but its kind of the nature of the story at that point, after the ending of series 2. Having Barristan back is great, and I thought the unsullied were done really well. GIANTS and DRAGONS are also fun

I petted my nipples during that one.

Episode was fine. When it was over I was asking myself...that's it? Seemed short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)