Game of Thrones [thronies rejoice! XD]

Come on.. that episode was such a bore. It was a typical "let's bore the shit out of the audience for 45 minutes and then end with a jawdropper so they will think it was such a great episode"

Ironically enough, the books did the same thing in the opposite direction (first 3 books are like whoaaaaa and then the next 2 books are like zzzzzzzzzzz)

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
im so glad sirndpt loves sansa stark :)

i can't wait for next week's ep, features some of my fav scenes from the books that'll hopefully translate well in the show!

Crux

Banned deucer.
Come on.. that episode was such a bore. It was a typical "let's bore the shit out of the audience for 45 minutes and then end with a jawdropper so they will think it was such a great episode"

Ironically enough, the books did the same thing in the opposite direction (first 3 books are like whoaaaaa and then the next 2 books are like zzzzzzzzzzz)
That has been literally every episode this season though

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Not enough naked man-butt in order to be called the best episode tbh

Also they could have at least showed Reek's mutilation I was so disappointed.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Justin8649 I'm thinking either Jamie fights for Tyrion (is that even possible with him on the kingsguard? maybe he'll renounce it right now) or Bran I guess. Or somehow tyrion fights and wins. No way he's dying here. It'd be cool if Jamie and Bran have to fight and Jamie throws it somehow.

The episode was alright but very Stannis heavy. I don't really give any fucks about Stannis or Jon's storylines and I'm not really sure why (maybe because they're so far removed from everyone else?). It was nice to see Braavos though for the first time and Mark Gatiss was a cool addition to the show.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to see some non-bookreaders predictions for the upcoming trial by combat.
i think oberyn will fight for tyrion cause he hates tywin for ordering the murder of his sister. dunno who will represent tywin though, surely he is too old to fight for himself? don't think jaime will fight for tyrion cause of the queen being a daft bint.

nah jimbo i rate stannis i just don't rate the lady of the light shit. i would generally prefer game of thrones without the lady of the light and without whitewalkers, theyre so random and seem too powerful.

Justin8649 Or somehow tyrion fights and wins. No way he's dying here. It'd be cool if Jamie and Bran have to fight and Jamie throws it somehow.I'm thinking either Jamie fights for Tyrion (is that even possible with him on the kingsguard? maybe he'll renounce it right now) or Bran I guess.

The episode was alright but very Stannis heavy. I don't really give any fucks about Stannis or Jon's storylines and I'm not really sure why (maybe because they're so far removed from everyone else?). It was nice to see Braavos though for the first time and Mark Gatiss was a cool addition to the show.
I'm assuming you are predicting Bronn here? Although Bran is a pretty bold prediction.

The promo for ep. 7 shows Cersei approaching a huge ass guy who has no problem chopping people with his huge sword. If that's the mountain, then definitely it's the Viper that's gone face him...although are judges allowed to step down and fight? Guess we'll see.

Non-book reader here, but...
the title of next episode is literally "The Mountain and the Viper"

so that doesn't leave much up for debate unless the title has nothing to do with the duel for Tyrion's life

Well that's just ridiculous. The show is starting to get out of control with the spoilers. One of the episode descriptions in an episode earlier this season even gave out a massive spoiler for the book readers. The next episode previews and the recaps of older episodes are also generally major giveaways as well. While I'm on the subject of shows spoiling themselves, does anybody here watch Vikings? Sometimes before a commercial that show would actually show upcoming clips from the episode you're watching and spoil half of the episode. So annoying.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
As a book reader, I'm disappointed as well that they called the next episode that. In Sunday's episode, there were some vague hints that it was going to be Oberyn(when he leans in) and Jaime(when he closes his eyes). There's no point in adding that vagueness when we already know who the champion is because of the title. But I hope the battle in the show is as awesome as the one in the book. It's pretty rough reading it, but it's satisfying after we learn what happens to the Mountain.

I´m just being curious here, but does someone else
spoiler alert

Code:
hidethink Robb deserved to be killed for his stupidity?

Last edited:

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm a book reader but there's nothing fucking to spoil here given the next episode's title lel.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Well that's just ridiculous. The show is starting to get out of control with the spoilers. One of the episode descriptions in an episode earlier this season even gave out a massive spoiler for the book readers. The next episode previews and the recaps of older episodes are also generally major giveaways as well. While I'm on the subject of shows spoiling themselves, does anybody here watch Vikings? Sometimes before a commercial that show would actually show upcoming clips from the episode you're watching and spoil half of the episode. So annoying.
Well its not really bad if Vikings spoilers itself since the important characters never die anyway and Ragnar always wins in the end, seriously the end of the season finale was incredibly lame, the only reason to watch the show for me are the battles that feature gore galore.

I auditioned to be a Viking's extra the other day :j

Also, I actually found the last episode to be one of the more interestig ones this season. But yeah they're doing what I've heard the walking dead does with mostly uninteresting then big climatic end to make episode seem 10x better

As a book reader, I'm disappointed as well that they called the next episode that. In Sunday's episode, there were some vague hints that it was going to be Oberyn(when he leans in) and Jaime(when he closes his eyes). There's no point in adding that vagueness when we already know who the champion is because of the title. But I hope the battle in the show is as awesome as the one in the book. It's pretty rough reading it, but it's satisfying after we learn what happens to the Mountain.
Wtf. Jaime closed his eyes because Tyrion went mad and didn't confess. Also GoT titles have always been spoiler-y and most viewers don't check them - a good part wouldn't remember the first nickname anyway.

The show hasn't actually referred to Oberyn as "Red Viper" yet, so it isn't completely spoiled for non-bookreaders

I'm starting to worry that she is going to get excluded from the show like Coldhands.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm starting to worry that she is going to get excluded from the show like Coldhands.
That is going to be seven levels of impossible, first LSH is necessary because she effectively changes the goals of the BWB, and causes Riverland hell. She's getting Brienne and Jaime back together for what is probably going to be a duel to the death. I have no doubt we're ending this season with Lysa death with 'Only Cat', then the LSH reveal. There is of course no way they are going to even hint at an actor playing a dead character returning.

Coldhands might pull a Jojen and Meera Reed and show up next season if they really need him (something tells me they don't). But they absolutely cannot justify a lack of LSH.

Not gonna lie, I was so much happier when that bitch died than when Joffery did.

On another note, am I the only one who doesn't like Daenerys anymore? Her storyline seems to have hit a brick wall. "I'm gonna stay in Meereen and kill all the slave masters" is basically what it is lately. "Oh, there's news of masters in Yunkai? Better go back and kill them again!" The conversation with Mormont didn't really make me understand her motives; all it did was really highlight how much of a hypocrite she's becoming.

The two-week wait for Tyrion's trial kinda sucks too.

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
A female character stops being a perfect sexy benevolent breaker of chains, comes up against difficulty that portrays negative character traits that can form an actual character arc, and suddenly she's a bitch. And people say the show is sexist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)