Gamestop Tourney 3/5 (Midnight release dealie)

Ok, here are the rules for this tourney;

lvl. 50
No Legendaries (to be specific the guy said nothing that can't breed, I assume that breeding with ditto means its allowed)
4 pokemon per team
Singles Matches

He didn't specify unique item or pokemon clauses but I intend to play by such rules. (Mostly because I figure that'll be common practise or merely assumed rules)

Anyways, my pokemon;

Crobat @ Leftovers
Adamant @ Inner Focus
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP

Roost
U-turn
Brave Bird
Heat Wave

Crobat's strategy is as blunt as the comic I saw awhile back concerning a trainer and his magikarp. (which evolves to gyrados starts eating other pokemon)

He smashes them with brave bird or heat wave, roosts as needed, and u-turns out when it can't deal with something.
Simple, eh?

Alternately, since I have roost, I could give him charcoal or sharp beak (that is the one that boosts flying moves, right?) to free leftovers for something else.

I could also, I suppose, replace U-turn with poison fang, but then I lose my attack switch obviously, unless it seems I don't really need it.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Modest @ Magic Guard
252 Spa / 252 Spe / 6 HP

Gravity
Thunder
Blizzard
Focus Blast

Umm... for those who are wondering, gravity is there to make these moves 100% accurate by lowering the evasion of all pokemon by 2 stages. From there, it should be obvious what to do.

Note also about gravity; if I use it, I need something that merely resists the likes of earthquake, like breloom, because immunities are obviously disabled.

Something else to note is that focus blast is on for 2 parts of the same reason, type coverage. Both to give more super effective attacks and to ensure nothing can completely resist the combined moves. (Some people I know thought Ice/Electric was enough to give unresisted type coverage but Magnezone, and possibly a few others, prove them wrong)

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Jolly @ Poison Heal
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP

Mach Punch
Seed Bomb
Facade
Spore

I suppose its worth mentioning that I chose breloom initially because I could've sworn at some point he was in UU during the 4th generation, and thats what got me to see his Poison Heal ability. I took one look at that with the Toxic Orb and vowed I would make him decent. (Again, this was when I thought he was in UU at some point)

Anyways...

Yet more simple strategies, I suppose. Put them to sleep if they look like trouble, then seed bomb or mach punch to death.

I originally had planned to go with focus punch, but anything I tried it on had a nasty habit of waking up the next turn and stunning poor breloom.

Facade is there because it doubles in power from toxic orb, if something resists seed bomb and I need power over priority.

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Naughty @ Clear Body

Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Explosion
Bullet Punch

I don't remember the EV spread but here is its stats if you want to figure it out:
192 HP / 214 Atk / 154 Def / 106 Spa / 104 Spd / 85 Spe

I originally planned for leftovers on him but he kept getting statused and mauled to death by the most random of things. (battle tower problems...)

The strategy here is to go all out with whatever hits my fancy at the time. (I suppose the opponent's types matter a little...)

This means Earthquake or Meteor Mash most of the time, unless bullet punch should finish them in one turn.

Explosion is used mostly when I think meta's going down anyways.

I really couldn't think of anything else for the 4th slot, I fully admit the first three were my starting battle tower team.

Beyond that, I realize the tourney is not far off, but any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I talked again to the gamestop people, and it looks like no more than 2 copies of an item and/or pokemon.

Also, I am considering an outrage Garchomp with a choice scarf and a Gengar with shadow ball and leftovers...

EDIT2: Any changes noticed from before are essentially in this one. Sorry Haunter, I really couldn't think of anything to say beyond what's up there that isn't blatantly obvious to anyone who looks at the pokemon, ability, item, and moves.

Good ones that i like to use without legendaries are Garchomp, Salamance, and Dragonite you just have to worry about that ice weakness is 4x with Salamance and Dragonite.

Well, I am now considering Gengar and Garchomp, since I have them with, I believe, decent IVs.

And as for Rule 3, there really isn't more I can say about them, though if I use Clefable in the group Breloom is a must, everything else will be destroyed by earthquake.

By the way, Garchomp is probably going to be very similar to Choice Scarf Outrage version in the battle strategies, And Gengar I'm not sure if I want substitute or Explosion more for it. (I.E. the Sub+3 attacks one or the one with explosion essentially)

I'll see if I can't think of anything else to say about the pokemon up there though, since it seems to mean a lot to Haunter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)