Gaming for a Cause - Donation Request

Hello Smogon! You may or may not know me (done quite a bit of LC here), but I have been participating and contributing around this place for a while. Seeing this community, I hope I may get your assistance in something I have been working on.

I am high school student in the Philippines that is attempting to improve the state of technology and education in where I study. I am very interested in the concept of using gaming for a cause (Such as SGDQ/AGDQ, and even some minor things that help those in need). I decided to take my own shot at the idea, and I would need your help to pull it off.

This is why I am hosting a fundraiser/donation drive to improve the facilities (most importantly technology) in my school. The goal of this fundraiser is to make enough money for one printer for the school, or at least contribute money for the cause. The school I am supporting is my own school called “Keys School Manila”; a somewhat new school that is developing its high school program. Hopefully, you can donate to this cause for the sake of advancement in this school.

As of now, there will be an accompaniment of a gaming stream for entertainment and advertising. On February 15, 2014, there will be a small exhibition/showcase of the League of Legends’ scene here in the Philippines, in particular the Mandaluyong area. For 2-5 hours, these games will be streamed, hoping to entertain the viewers as much as possible with games of League of Legends. Hopefully, it could be a drive to get donations in, for the benefit for “Keys School Manila”

I apologize for the big issues going on with the project, to have another go at it, we are redoing the stream this Saturday, February 22, 2014.

Another major difference is that rather than streaming a League of Legends exhibition, it will be something more casual. It has been changed to a long stream of the game "DOTA 2" matchmaking.
If you have donations, you can donate via PayPal to: robcaljr@yahoo.com

http://www.twitch.tv/tuoplays

Time: Around 2:00 - 7:00 GMT+8

I will show the results of what happened, and update you with what is happening with the project. Thank you for reading and hope that you donate!

If you want details on the event, PM me on smogon

Last edited:
I apologize to mods for double posting/intentional bumping. However, This is a reminder that the games are happening soon on twitch.tv/tuoplays
We might be a bit late until maybe 2:00 GMT+8 when games start, but this is just a reminder that this is happening very soon.

UPDATE: Sadly, there were issues with the event. I am seeking an alternative next week, to see something else I can do

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)