Other Garbage Ladder (PU RMT, peaked #1)

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Hi guys! My name is Kushalos and i haven't posted an RMT in about 1,5 years. Since I'm convinced that this is a team that worked really well I decided to RMT this stall team that I made when the PU ladder came into existence. I just hit the #1 spot this afternoon and thought ur might as well RMT it and ruin the ladder n_n. Enjoy!

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet/Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Clear Smog/Pain Split

Garbodor is without a doubt the best hazards user in the tier. It gets both Spikes and Toxic Spikes and is an asset to every team. It beats a lot of the defoggers in the tier like Togetic with its powerful Gunk Shot and it takes on troubling Grass types like Taunt CM Serperior. I used Drain Punch at first cause i wanted to be able to take on Bastiodon, but CroThroh was becoming a problem so I decided to put on Pain Split instead. Rocky Helmet is nice for wearing down physical attackers, but since I found my Garbodor getting worn down too easily i decided to use Black Sludge. The speed EVs are to outspeed max speed neutral nature 55s.

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Magic Coat
- Toxic

Bastiodon is a great Stealth Rocker on stall, because of its good defensive stats and typing. While it has no offensive presence, it can stil rack up damage by Roar+Hazards and Toxic. Magic Coat prevents Taunt, Hazards on my side, status and all that other annoying shit. Soundproof is a blessing as it completely walls Chatot with Chatter and Boomburst kek.

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp

Gourgeist is my spinblocker of choice, as it has great defensive synergy with my hazard stacking core by resisting Water and Ground. Shadow Sneak is used over Seed Bomb to hit Mr. Mime hard, as Nasty Plot versions are a huge threat to my team. Leech Seed is for residual recovery and damage, Will-O-Wisp hits Poison, Flying and Steel types not affected by Toxic Spikes. Protect is to scout moves, gain residual recovery and rack up even moar residuals blahblahblah residual much.

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Lickilicky is the go-to cleric in this tier because of its good defensive stats, its ability to pass huge wishes and its cute pink goodness. Its ability Oblivious grants it immunity to Taunt which is awesome for a defensive mon and Heal Bell gets rid of status you already know...

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Circle Throw
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Poliwrath walls all the extremely threatening Shell Smashers like Carracosta and Barbaracle, while also taking on threats like Sneasel and Rapidash with its underrated defensive stats and typing. Resttalk makes sure it stays alive for a long time while it racks up damage by burning things with hawt water and Circle Throw+Hazards. PU god imo.

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Roar/Earthquake

Ya boi Avalugg does not give a fuck about any of your physical threats LOL. This thing is amazing glue to the team by countering Marowak and sort of taking on Ursaring(seriously this thing is a fucking problem lol). It gets recover to keep on tanking those physical hits and its access to Rapid Spin is godly, making me less weak to opposing hazard stack teams. Roar is imo the better option on a hazard stack team like this, but Earthquake is an option when you want to hit those cheeky Fire types trying to switch in as well as Bastiodon.

This is the end of my RMT, short and powerful imo. Will make threat list later!
For you cheeky team stealers :]
Garbodor @ Black Sludge
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Pain Split

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Roar

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Circle Throw
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Magic Coat
- Toxic

Threat list:

Throh is a really annoying threat, my main way of beating this thing is getting up all hazards and wearing it down by phazing. But when it's the last mon, it can drag out battles to more than 100 turns.

I can deal with the Quick Feet variants, but the Guts SD set is a real fucking problem. I have to play very carefully around this thing like predicting SDs and then roaring or if i predict it to attack go straight into Avalugg or Gourgeist. Garbodor checks this thing decently as well by hitting it with a Gunk Shot+Aftermath.

Rotom-F is a big problem as well. It's BoltBeam coverage can hit my team very hard and the Scarf set can Trick one of my walls. Usually comes down to wearing down with SR if its Scarf and if its Subsplit i try to get some status on it and then PP stall.

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hello, this looks like a pretty good stall team. however, you do lack a good win condition meaning that last Pokemon with methods of replenishing status are kind of troublesome. like you mentioned last Pokemon Throh is kinda annoying, but in addition to that you don't really have a way around Scraggy, Duosion, etc.

For this reason I suggest Misdreavus > Gourgeist. Misdreavus takes on the role of spinblocker really well, as well as keeping a good Ground immunity while you don't really miss your Water resist as much thanks to Poliwrath. What this gives you however is a reliable win condition in Perish Song. Perish Song allows Misdreavus to end last Pokemon so that they don't set up and sweep you to death. It also gets Taunt, which is incredibly useful against opposing stall teams. If you run enough Speed to outpace Vigoroth, it also isn't Taunt + Toxic fodder because you can always Taunt it first.Also it gets Foul Play which is 100 times more reliable vs Bouffalant, Tauros and Ursaring should you switch it in on Facade

Secondly, this is less important but I suggest you use Clear Smog > Drain Punch / Pain Split on Garbodor. Clear Smog allows Garbodor to stall out Scraggy with Rocky Helmet and preventing it from accumulating too many boosts. Also stops Throh a lot more reliably than Pain Split

Good team!

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Perish Song
- Will-O-Wisp / Pain Split

EV spread outruns Vigoroth that aim for min Spe Gourgeist-Small, feel free to creep

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Clear Smog

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
OUPL Champion
hello, this looks like a pretty good stall team. however, you do lack a good win condition meaning that last Pokemon with methods of replenishing status are kind of troublesome. like you mentioned last Pokemon Throh is kinda annoying, but in addition to that you don't really have a way around Scraggy, Duosion, etc.

For this reason I suggest Misdreavus > Gourgeist. Misdreavus takes on the role of spinblocker really well, as well as keeping a good Ground immunity while you don't really miss your Water resist as much thanks to Poliwrath. What this gives you however is a reliable win condition in Perish Song. Perish Song allows Misdreavus to end last Pokemon so that they don't set up and sweep you to death. It also gets Taunt, which is incredibly useful against opposing stall teams. If you run enough Speed to outpace Vigoroth, it also isn't Taunt + Toxic fodder because you can always Taunt it first.Also it gets Foul Play which is 100 times more reliable vs Bouffalant, Tauros and Ursaring should you switch it in on Facade

Secondly, this is less important but I suggest you use Clear Smog > Drain Punch / Pain Split on Garbodor. Clear Smog allows Garbodor to stall out Scraggy with Rocky Helmet and preventing it from accumulating too many boosts. Also stops Throh a lot more reliably than Pain Split

Good team!

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Perish Song
- Will-O-Wisp / Pain Split

EV spread outruns Vigoroth that aim for min Spe Gourgeist-Small, feel free to creep

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Clear Smog
I do really like these changes, I think however I'm going to use Shadow Ball over Foul Play on Missy because it gives me a more reliable way of beating Duosion, as I do have things to take on Bouff. Will implement them!

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I do really like these changes, I think however I'm going to use Shadow Ball over Foul Play on Missy because it gives me a more reliable way of beating Duosion, as I do have things to take on Bouff. Will implement them!
This is fine but I'll just say that I suggested Foul Play because it also helps deal with Ursaring!, as well as prevent Fire Blast Tauros from subbing on Missy and wearing down Avalugg and Poliwrath. Meanwhile Perish Song can sorta take care of Duosion.

Just wanted to say this, of course it's ultimately your decision :)

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
OUPL Champion
Made Gourgeist specially defensive as it helps taking on LO Tauros and Electrics like Raichu and Electrode!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)