ORAS OU Speed is Key

I have little to say about this team, really. I'd just love to know what more experienced battlers think of it.

Mega_Pinsir.png 250px-282Gardevoir.png 110px-479Rotom-Wash.png 250px-598Ferrothorn.png 17985_Greninja-X-and-Y.jpg landorus-therian.jpg

I made this team in Gen 5, and have been replacing the pokemon as the Gen 6 meta has been evolving. At one time or another this team held Keldeo, Thundurus, Thundurus-T, Landorus, Latios, Latias, Heatran, Toxicroak, Tentacruel, Breloom, Scizor, Medicham-Mega, Ampharos-Mega, Aegislash, Blissey, Jirachi, Kyurem-B, Volcarona, Quagsire, Gliscor, Clefable, Gengar, Altaria-Mega, Glalie-Mega and Infernape. Is it done? Maybe. This is by far the best it's been, and I've learned with this team, so it feels like a part of me.

27280_nov_p08_01.jpg

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Earthquake

Designated Clean-up crew, I rarely send him in before there's 3 or fewer pokemon left on the opponent's team. QA is 99% of the move used here, mostly because I'm a pansy and I'm terrified of being outsped by random choice scarfs. Return is used for huge hits, Frustration does the same thing. EQ is there primarily for Metagross-- which it will always outspeed, and usually OHKO. Magnezone and Mawile are also great pokemon for Pinsir to hit with Earthquake, as otherwise they can do a number on the team

images.jpg

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 140 Def / 140 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Healing Wish

I based this Gardevoir off of my VGC Gardevoir-- my baby. With 140 defense, she can more easily tank EQs from Chomp, and most priority moves and proceed to Moonblast back. Her speed is enough at 417 to outspeed almost anything without a scarf, while her typing is defensive enough that anything with a scarf is locked into a move that most of the rest of my pokemon can resist, and then set up with. Psyshock is for obvious STAB, as most Poison types take Special Defense higher than defense. Hyper Voice is for taking down Sub-stallers, and using the 25% HP cut against them, and Healing Wish allows for Garde to be a Quick Sac to bring back another user who could clean up the team-- like Greninja or Pinsir

images-1.jpg

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 132 HP / 176 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

My 99.9% lead, a choice-scarfed Volt Switch is excellent scout which often passes to Gliscor: getting the end of move Toxic turn 1. But, Trick comes to play just as often, crippling any rock/hazard users, set-up and other Rotom sets. There's no magic about the EVs, no calcs I did, I just kept constantly adjusting the Special defense and speed until I felt like I outspeed anything I needed to, and could live 2 hits from most leads. This pokemon often becomes a designated wisper after turn 3 or so, and is the first to become designated fodder. Other than that, it's only purpose is to outspeed and Volt Switch.

ferrothorn1.jpg

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Att
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

I think T-wave Ferrothorn is really underrated. 3 status and one attacking is perfect for Ferro. I think Spikes are too finicky, and I don't like feeling like I need to use them. Having recovery options, and crippling their speed (which is my best Keldeo counter) makes this obnoxious monster even more of a threat to things that rely on speed creep against my other teammates. It also does pretty well against Physically oriented Mega-Mences, Mega-CroBro, and locked Excadrill. Watch for Magnezone, however.

greninja_by_meteoris-d6p5fx9.png

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Scald
- Dark Pulse/Ice Beam
- U-turn

Greninja getting Gunk Shot only made it a higher staple in OU. With access to Volt-Turn cores, LO Greninja becomes a massive threat to any team that cannot instantly deal with it. Gunk Shot deals with the increase of Fairy types ramaging OU, while Scald is base 80 STAB with a chance to burn, giving both physical and special access for Greninja. Ice Beam may be used over Dark Pulse for Special Mence, but Dark Pulse hits common switch ins for neutral damage just as often, and prevents Quagsire and CroBro from coming in for free. U-turn is to complete the core with Rotom-Wash when the going looks sour.

landorus_sacred_forme_by_fatmon66-d503ys3.png

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Triple Scarf--- you read right. Lando creates a third variation in the U-turn Scarf Core, making it less predictable, helping Ferrothorn deal with physical threats without having Ferrothorn do it all himself and allowing for excellent scouting, for megas (with knock off) as well as ice-shard abusers like Mamoswine which come to counter Mega-Mence.. Intimidate is the main reason, but Knock Off is a spectacular move, hitting non-mega Latios and Latias hard, while Earthquake and Stone Edge create near perfect coverage.

I have some trouble against opposing Ferrothorn, as well as any mon who has set up [read Cro-bro, DD Altaria, SD Pinsir ect]. Scolipede BP tends to be a problem as well, giving typical mons that I have no trouble with the boost they need to sweep. Often I'll use Lando against Scolipede, but Levitate and Flying are becoming more and more common, and defeat scarfed Lando locked into Earthquake.

oh, and aim is my hero. I'd be honored if you even look at this team, much less comment.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey there,I liked this team a lot and saw very few counters to it.The synergy in this team is amazing :) Personally,I think TFlame will easily be able to take out at least 2 Pokémon in this team,Mega Mawile IMO is gonna have a great time with this after setting up a Swords Dance sweeping away with SuckerPunch,Iron Head and I don't even wanna think what will happen if it pulls off a Substitute.Prankster Taunt Thundurus is also gonna shut down half your team,I'd suggest running Greninja over Gardevoir because of:
1:The Protean STAB Boost
2:Better movepool than Gardevoir

Greninja
EVs:252 Speed,252 SpAtk
Item:Life Orb/Focus Sash
Nature:Timid
Ability:Protean

Moveset:
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse
Scald
Ice Beam

This shuts down MegaMawile and TFlame too if you're using a Focus Sash,Scald carries that 30% chance to burn which is better over WoW IMO as it also damages it

Hope you found this helpful and good luck!

Hi there bud, cool team!

I kinda feel like gardevoir is a weak link on the team, as it does not really seem to do much, also having two scarfers is not always really beneficial. I would suggest changing it up with a Latias, this thing will grant you defog support, healing wish to bring back mega pinsir if he get any damage or status, it'll also for a terrifying dragon/fairy/steel core with clef and thorn.

Latias
Latias @ Life orb
EVs: 32 hp/ 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- healing wish
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco meteor

As BlazingRed pointed out, I don't think that you have crippling weaknesses to either talon or mmawile, as rotom/gliscor can handle talon, rotom can handle sd mawile and gliscor can handle sub punch mawile.

That's it for me, hope it helped ^^

Hi there bud, cool team!

I kinda feel like gardevoir is a weak link on the team, as it does not really seem to do much, also having two scarfers is not always really beneficial. I would suggest changing it up with a Latias, this thing will grant you defog support, healing wish to bring back mega pinsir if he get any damage or status, it'll also for a terrifying dragon/fairy/steel core with clef and thorn.

Latias
Latias @ Life orb
EVs: 32 hp/ 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- healing wish
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco meteor

As BlazingRed pointed out, I don't think that you have crippling weaknesses to either talon or mmawile, as rotom/gliscor can handle talon, rotom can handle sd mawile and gliscor can handle sub punch mawile.

That's it for me, hope it helped ^^
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 525-618 (191.6 - 225.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 358-423 (101.1 - 119.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Like I said,if MegaMawile manages to pull off an SD,his team's wrecked

+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 525-618 (191.6 - 225.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 358-423 (101.1 - 119.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Like I said,if MegaMawile manages to pull off an SD,his team's wrecked
He can burn it, and then proceed to take it out w/ gliscor...

And greninja is a VERY weak check, bc focus sash is broken if he switches into rocks, and he does not have a spinner/defogger...

He can burn it, and then proceed to take it out w/ gliscor...

And greninja is a VERY weak check, bc focus sash is broken if he switches into rocks, and he does not have a spinner/defogger...
Right,so that's why I've given him the choice between Focus Sash and LO,a Pokémon can't be burnt if it's behind a sub so he just needs to play cautiously and avoid Mawile from setting up a Sub/SD.He can also use Alakazam with a Sash,Magic Guard will null the hazards

Right,so that's why I've given him the choice between Focus Sash and LO,a Pokémon can't be burnt if it's behind a sub so he just needs to play cautiously and avoid Mawile from setting up a Sub/SD.He can also use Alakazam with a Sash,Magic Guard will null the hazards
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 228-269 (79.7 - 94%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Calcs w/greninja vs mawile:
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 152-179 (50 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even hydro pump

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 208-246 (68.4 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 770-908 (269.2 - 317.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 385-454 (134.6 - 158.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I think that's all the calcs I need to show that greninja is a pretty shaky check... And what can a alakazam do to a mawile? n_n

+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 228-269 (79.7 - 94%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Calcs w/greninja vs mawile:
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 152-179 (50 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even hydro pump

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 208-246 (68.4 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 770-908 (269.2 - 317.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 385-454 (134.6 - 158.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I think that's all the calcs I need to show that greninja is a pretty shaky check... And what can a alakazam do to a mawile? n_n
WideTomato Scald carries a 30% Burn chance too ^_^ Alakazam...won't do nothing,you're right.One thing I noticed is that why isn't Clefairy running Cosmic Power?It's a very good move that boosts SPDef and Def,why not give it a try instead of Calm Mind?And for the Special Attacker,use WideTomato Latias set,I think it fits on your team well :)

WideTomato Scald carries a 30% Burn chance too ^_^ Alakazam...won't do nothing,you're right.One thing I noticed is that why isn't Clefairy running Cosmic Power?It's a very good move that boosts SPDef and Def,why not give it a try instead of Calm Mind?And for the Special Attacker,use WideTomato Latias set,I think it fits on your team well :)
30% chance to burn is really nice, and is what makes scald the most spamable move in the game (pretty much) but it's not enough to make it check mmawile ^^ and cosmic power clefable is just not powerful enough! It only boost the base power of stored power, to a max of 260, and without stab that's not enough to really make an impact, especially not on stall... Cm is honestly a lot better on this team, as it'll also boost moonblast, meaning he will dish out damaged after just one or two cm boosts.

I'm humbled by all the responses! Unfortunately on the Greninja front, I'm with WideTomato as the calcs show Greninja is pretty shaky. I did at one point have Greninja, and I was not pleased with how much of a glass cannon it was, when Pinsir is my glass cannon.
Ironically though, Gardevoir is my Greninja check, as seen in this battle.
http-//replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-146378444
Having two scarfers is beneficial when one of them is a suicide scarfer, and the other is a last second resort. Speed is key. If anyone wants to use this team, I'd definitely recommend Latios over Gardevoir, but I find Garde way too useful.

BlazingRed makes some good points, especially about M-mawile, though strangely enough I never seem to have a problem with it. IT's predictable when it's coming in, and Gardevoir's Scarf Will' o cripples it, as well as Rotom. While I don't have any straight checks per say, usually I'll sack ferro-- giving rocky helmet and iron barb damage, and finish it up with Hyper Voice or Mega-Pinsir Quick Attack. Yes, it's scary, but I'm pretty used to it by now.

Latias is a really good option, and I actually had it for a while instead of Clefable, but I was underwhelmed by defog, as I was often paired up against ferrothorn or forretress in halfway decent predicts, and then we were doing the Hazard tango of defog/hazard. In the end, I'd lose and it'd be a waste of time. I also tend not to like Healing Wish as fodder is really important. However, I will keep it in mind. As this team is nowhere near perfect, It's still a really good idea.

WideTomato, you're also right on the Stored Power front. I'm debating changing it up for Substitute. In fact, I'll even put in the OP that substitute is viable, with credit to you. I have it for the occasional poison type, like Crobat or Tentacruel, but I'm seeing them less frequently, and wanted to pair up Clefable even less, especially with Ferro being a pretty solid counter.

I'm humbled by all the responses! Unfortunately on the Greninja front, I'm with WideTomato as the calcs show Greninja is pretty shaky. I did at one point have Greninja, and I was not pleased with how much of a glass cannon it was, when Pinsir is my glass cannon.
Ironically though, Gardevoir is my Greninja check, as seen in this battle.
http-//replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-146378444
Having two scarfers is beneficial when one of them is a suicide scarfer, and the other is a last second resort. Speed is key. If anyone wants to use this team, I'd definitely recommend Latios over Gardevoir, but I find Garde way too useful.

BlazingRed makes some good points, especially about M-mawile, though strangely enough I never seem to have a problem with it. IT's predictable when it's coming in, and Gardevoir's Scarf Will' o cripples it, as well as Rotom. While I don't have any straight checks per say, usually I'll sack ferro-- giving rocky helmet and iron barb damage, and finish it up with Hyper Voice or Mega-Pinsir Quick Attack. Yes, it's scary, but I'm pretty used to it by now.

Latias is a really good option, and I actually had it for a while instead of Clefable, but I was underwhelmed by defog, as I was often paired up against ferrothorn or forretress in halfway decent predicts, and then we were doing the Hazard tango of defog/hazard. In the end, I'd lose and it'd be a waste of time. I also tend not to like Healing Wish as fodder is really important. However, I will keep it in mind. As this team is nowhere near perfect, It's still a really good idea.

WideTomato, you're also right on the Stored Power front. I'm debating changing it up for Substitute. In fact, I'll even put in the OP that substitute is viable, with credit to you. I have it for the occasional poison type, like Crobat or Tentacruel, but I'm seeing them less frequently, and wanted to pair up Clefable even less, especially with Ferro being a pretty solid counter.
you could also use flamethrower in the stored power slot, it will give you a decent machup against steel types. max deff clefable can actually tank a iron heard from bisharp or exca and then ko back, it is also really usefull against aegi, scizor, ferrothorn etc. that all hard walls the current set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)