XY OU GardeVoice

Hi and welcome to my first RMT in which I'm going to show, by far, my best team in XY.

• First thing: I have to say is that English isn't my language, so excuse me if I make a mistake.
  • Second thing: I hadn't played this team in ladder too much, only testing, but I've used this team so much in tours with fantastics results.

Teambuilding:

I wanted to build a team around Gardevoir-Mega. What I wanted was to find a way to spam Hyper Voice without problems so I chose the Bisharp-Keldeo core. I needed Keldeo’s fighting type to bring down steel types with Secret Sword, while Bisharp takes relatively well fairies hits and it’s immune to those psychic types that wreck Keldeo.

After that, I realized that I needed a cleric / wish passer so my core could keep working as long as possible. I added Blissey to do this.

Then I saw that I needed something that could take physical moves, that could stop Heracross and other fighting types and also could set up rocks and break volturn cores. So I get Landorus-T because it runs Intimidate and have an excellent defensive typing.

The last pokémon I wanted was a spinner or a defogger. I chose Zapdos as a defogger because it also helps me to stop Mega Pinsir. But I saw that Mega Medicham could then destroy almost all my team so I changed Zapdos and added Mew as defogger and support, leaving Landorus-T as a check to Mega Pinsir.

Team deeply:

Evelyne (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 232 SpA / 240 Spe
Nature: Modest
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I chose Mega-Gardevoir because I wanted to build a team around it. The ability is obviously Trace, which helps a lot against weather teams for example. I decided to use this EVspread in HP because it allows me to resist a Sludge Bomb from Venusaur-Mega and don’t get 2HKO’ed by Latios’ Psyshock. With this EVs in speed Gardevoir is able to outspeed Base 85 Speed and most likely jolly Heracross without Mega and max speed.

Hyper Voice and Psyshock are obviously for STAB and Taunt because it allows me to beat stall and avoid opponent statuses and recoveries, making Gardevoir a really good StallBreaker. Last but not least, HP Fire over Focus Blast because Scizor-Mega is a big threat to this team and I can OHKO it after rocks predicting him to come in into a Hyper Voice/Psyshock or overpredicting my switch on his in-comming Bullet Punch.

Calcs:

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 240-284 (84.2 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

232+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Mega Scizor: 308-364 (89.7 - 106.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 32 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 121-142 (42.4 - 49.8%)

232+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 204-241 (50.4 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (Smogon’s Mew EVspread)

Rainbow Dash (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Calm Mind

I needed a fighting type who destroys steel types to let Gardevoir spamming Hyper Voice easily, so I chose Keldeo due to it’s a bulky fighting type who is able to break Gliscor/Skarmory-Chansey/Blissey cores.

Standard EVspread. I’ve chosen CM set over Choice Specs because the previous core was very annoying, for example, Gliscor can stop Landorus-Therian, it can kill Bisharp and Taunt Blissey and Mew. Besides not being choice I’m not vulnerable to scouters with Protect and HP Flying allows me to 2HKO Venusaur-Mega when I have a CM up.

Calcs:

+1 252 SpA Keldeo Hidden Power Flying vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 168-198 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 548-648 (77.8 - 92%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 SpA Keldeo Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Amoonguss: 210-248 (48.6 - 57.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

Pasfial (Bisharp) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 180 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

I put Bisharp to take out Keldeo’s counters like Clefable, Sylveon, Latios or Latias and facilitate his work and set up. With Pursuit it can trap Latios and Latias and another annoying psychic types.

EVspread was thought to improve my special bulk and get into Clefable’s Flamethrower, and not be 2HKO’ed by Latios’ Dracos, which allows me to trap him more easily. Bisharp can resist a Hyper Voice of Gardevoir-Mega or Specs Sylveon too. 180 Speed are to be faster than some defensives Landorus-Therian, I can know that in the confrontation between my Landorus-T and rival.

Calcs:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 32 HP / 44 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 117-138 (41.9 - 49.4%)

252+ Atk Bisharp Pursuit vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 168-200 (55.6 - 66.2%)

+2 4 SpA Clefable Flamethrower vs. 32 HP / 44 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 210-248 (75.2 - 88.8%)

252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 32 HP / 44 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 246-290 (88.1 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

232+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 32 HP / 44 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 210-247 (75.2 - 88.5%)

Bachalette (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Nature: Bold
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

I chose Blissey over Chansey because I don’t have any Knock Off absorber and I didn’t want weird Knock Off users giving me surprises in a battle.

EVs are the standard ones of Wish Passer Blissey and it’s the Cleric of the team. It heals mons that are going to take a lot of damage during a battle like Gardevoir-Mega or Bisharp and it resists very well special hits and some physical ones too. This is the way of not getting 6-0’ed by Greninja and it’s very usefull healing Bisharp paralysis or burns when it’s 1vs1 against Slowbro or Landorus-Therian burns when it switches into Heatran Lava Plume.

Calcs:

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 324-382 (45.4 - 53.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If Chansey lost his Eviolite:
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 354-417 (50.2 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Shukaku (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Nature: Impish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

I chose Landorus-Therian because by the time I made this team, it was able to wall half physical metagame, including Heracross-Mega, a big threat to a lot of teams. It sets Stealth Rocks and it’s my answer against bird spam from Talonflame and Pinsir-Mega.

It has the standard moveset. I wear 8 EVs in speed to outspeed the typical Rotom-W with 44 speed EVs. It has 1 point less than my Bisharp, what reveals other Landorus-Therian’s speed when i see who hits the other with u-turn first so i don’t have to risk to a 50/50 between knock and sucker punch. And the 16 ev’s in sp.def are there to resist timid mega manectric’s hp ice 100% of the time.

Calcs:

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Landorus-T: 316-376 (83.3 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 240 HP / 244+ Def Landorus-T: 121-144 (31.9 - 37.9%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 240 HP / 244+ Def Landorus-T: 288-340 (75.9 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Sylcious (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 124 Def / 152 Spe
Nature: Impish
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Mew is my defogger but it’s a great support to the team because it’s able to resist so many attacks and burn something causing an important residual damage. It also makes Medicham-Mega not a problem.

Standard Mew moveset with Defog over Taunt because I don’t like to play with hazards. 232 HP to the maximize the Leftovers recovery, 152 speed allows me to outspeed Scizor and Heracross-Mega and burn them. The rest of the EVs in defense to resist better the previous mons, Bisharp and Medicham-Mega.

Calcs:

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 232 HP / 124+ Def Mew: 88-104 (22 - 26%)

252+ Atk burned Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 232 HP / 124+ Def Mew: 240-285 (60.1 - 71.4%)

252+ Atk Life Orb burned Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 232 HP / 124+ Def Mew: 177-211 (44.3 - 52.8%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 277-328 (69.4 - 82.2%)

Threats:

Conkeldurr: It may be a problem if Gardevoir and Landorus-T are weakened.
Specs Keldeo: It may be a problem if I don't detect soon its locked move.
Gyarados and Gyarados-Mega: The Sub-Dance set can destroy my team if I don’t predict what it going to do.
Banded Azumarill: It can bring me down if I don't knock off its choice band or burn it before.
Pinsir-Mega: Usually I have to keep Landorus-Therian healthy in order to stop him; otherwise he can make a set up or destroying any member of my team.
Thundurus-I Mixed: I have to get Mew healthy or predict with Gardevoir-Mega to count this threat.

Obviously there are more threats , but I put the usually used.

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pandora-ou-1222276

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokespain-ou-16416

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pandora-ou-1334685

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-176833978

Importable: FOR THE RIPPERS, PLEASE DON’T CHANGE THE NICKNAMES

Evelyne (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 232 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pasfial (Bisharp) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Rainbow Dash (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Calm Mind

Bachalette (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

Shukaku (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Sylcious (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 124 Def / 152 Spe
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Thanks for reading and sorry if I’ve made any mistake. Thanks to Seirle, AceV, angel0mike, Yellowday for helping me doing this RMT, to Molisaurus for the team picture and to the Sacred Sword clan.[/hide][/hide]

Last edited:
Hey man, nice to see you finally posted your RMT! Congrats on the post and the team.

Seems fairly solid at first glance, but HP Fire Garde-M can leave you really weak to Heatran. How do you handle it? A well played Heatran may probably take down your Bisharp and Mew, depending of the set. Also Scarf set may disrupt your entire team if well played and if Garde-M and Keldeo are out. Be careful with that.
Consider that Keldeo can resist both Scizor STABs, if you play your Keldeo and Garde (assuming you have Focus Blast, I'd recommend Focus Blast over HP-Fire) well you can take it out.
Another recommendation that may come handy is changing Stone Edge for Rock Slide, misses can be really decisive and Rock Slide almost patches that (90% accuracy...), also the power decreases to 75%, I don't have important calcs to see if it has any drawback but I haven't experienced any yet.

That's it for now. Nice RMT!

Nice. Really nice team here. Other than the pseudo-threats mentioned above; the only real way to break down this team is by either consistently making clever predictions or by running a Belly Drum Mega Slowbro with appropriate support; neither of which are reliable paths to victory. I really only have one suggestion to make; and that is to run Icy Wind over Calm Mind on your Keldeo. Although Keldeo does force plenty of switches (as in, every time it walks in), Keldeo isn't exactly the best all-out sweeper; as it has plenty of checks. CM only really helps it break through Rotom-W, in my experience. It's generally better to use Keldeo as an all-out attacker than it is to try and boost in the free turn you get; as it opens up the Keldeo prediction game (goes like this: Oh boy I hope I guess the pony's next move right). Icy Wind also slows down opponents such to be more easily killed by your slower attackers (see: Gardevoir, Landorus), as well as helping in a pinch against things like bulky Chomp, and the predicted Thundurus / Zapdos / DNite. Obviously situational switches, but still useful.

And yeah, as V8RQARCT said, you might want to think about how you deal with Heatran. It's everywhere. Kind of.

EDIT: Also, I apologize, but I changed the nicks while importing the team. The modicum of manliness that remains within some crevice of me could not stand for having a team member named "Rainbow Dash". I sincerely apologize, from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited:
Hey man, nice to see you finally posted your RMT! Congrats on the post and the team.

Seems fairly solid at first glance, but HP Fire Garde-M can leave you really weak to Heatran. How do you handle it? A well played Heatran may probably take down your Bisharp and Mew, depending of the set. Also Scarf set may disrupt your entire team if well played and if Garde-M and Keldeo are out. Be careful with that.
Consider that Keldeo can resist both Scizor STABs, if you play your Keldeo and Garde (assuming you have Focus Blast, I'd recommend Focus Blast over HP-Fire) well you can take it out.
Another recommendation that may come handy is changing Stone Edge for Rock Slide, misses can be really decisive and Rock Slide almost patches that (90% accuracy...), also the power decreases to 75%, I don't have important calcs to see if it has any drawback but I haven't experienced any yet.

That's it for now. Nice RMT!
Thanks for your opinion !

The reason I stopped using Focus blast to stop Heatran is to have another option to stop Scizor and no relay too much in Keldeo to stop him. If I run Focus blast and I lose Keldeo, the Sword dance/Knock off/Roost/Bullet punch can do set up vs Landorus-T, Mew, Blissey or Bisharp can obliterate my team… If Heatran is scarfed, Keldeo and Blissey can stop it; if we talk about the defensive set, it’s still beatable with Keldeo, Blissey and Landorus-T. Heatran’s stallbreaker set with Magma storm, Taunt and Toxic can be a real trouble, but I still have the option to stop him with Keldeo, Landorus-T and Wish pass thanks to Blissey to make the first two Pokemon I mention can continue blocking Heatran.

+6 44+ Atk burned Mega Scizor Knock Off vs. 232 HP / 124+ Def Mew: 242-285 (60.6 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 44+ Atk Technician burned Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 232 HP / 124+ Def Mew: 168-198 (42.1 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+5 44+ Atk Technician burned Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 240 HP / 244+ Def Landorus-T: 141-166 (37.2 - 43.7%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 116 Def Mega Scizor: 102-121 (29.7 - 35.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage

Last edited:
Nice. Really nice team here. Other than the pseudo-threats mentioned above; the only real way to break down this team is by either consistently making clever predictions or by running a Belly Drum Mega Slowbro with appropriate support; neither of which are reliable paths to victory. I really only have one suggestion to make; and that is to run Icy Wind over Calm Mind on your Keldeo. Although Keldeo does force plenty of switches (as in, every time it walks in), Keldeo isn't exactly the best all-out sweeper; as it has plenty of checks. CM only really helps it break through Rotom-W, in my experience. It's generally better to use Keldeo as an all-out attacker than it is to try and boost in the free turn you get; as it opens up the Keldeo prediction game (goes like this: Oh boy I hope I guess the pony's next move right). Icy Wind also slows down opponents such to be more easily killed by your slower attackers (see: Gardevoir, Landorus), as well as helping in a pinch against things like bulky Chomp, and the predicted Thundurus / Zapdos / DNite. Obviously situational switches, but still useful.

And yeah, as V8RQARCT said, you might want to think about how you deal with Heatran. It's everywhere. Kind of.

EDIT: Also, I apologize, but I changed the nicks while importing the team. The modicum of manliness that remains within some crevice of me could not stand for having a team member named "Rainbow Dash". I sincerely apologize, from the bottom of my heart.
Thanks for your opinion! The team is for XY’s metagame, so MegaSlowbro should not be a worry. Talking about Keldeo, I have used the Specs set before, but the defensive core of Gliscor and Blisse can use Protect to probe what I will do and receive whatever it come or change, either changing or staying there, i lost the replay when that core break my team when I has Specs.

No problem with the nickname n.n

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)