1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gardevoir (Analysis) [QC 1/3]

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by GtM, Dec 7, 2010.

1. GtM

GtM

Okay! I've made the thread more concise and have turned it into bullet point form. I've also split the utility counter into a Choice Scarf and Life Orb set, since they play quite differently.
  2. GtM

GtM

Bumping for QC. Suddenly I'm not sure if Gardevoir is viable in OU.
  3. Galladiator

Galladiator

It's not necessarily that it's not viable, the QC team has other, "more significant" Pokemon to deal with. It'll get its checks, just be patient. It took me a couple months to get Gallade QCed.
  4. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I know I QC checked this months ago, but i'm afraid I have to reject this analysis now. At the time, Gardevoir could check Rain sweepers (which was a pretty big deal) but that niche is gone. I guess it can check Excadrill, but even then thats nothing special. Its relying on Focus Blast of all things to check him, and you're choiced too. Gardevoir is also thoroughly outclassed by other Psychic types (Lati@s, Reuniclus, Mew etc)

QC REJECTED (1/3)

Sorry I took so long to post in this thread.
  5. GtM

GtM

In retrospect, I agree with you. Had Aldaron's proposal not been passed, and if Gardevoir had base 90 speed, then it would have an excellent niche in OU, but now it's just not worth running. Sun teams are nowhere near common enough to warrant her presence on a team, and Porygon2's access to Eviolite only worsens her case as a defensive Trace supporter.
  6. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris Smogon Frontier's Pike Queenis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

PK said it nicely. I'm also QC rejecting this, and since the OP agrees with the rejection, I'll move this to L&O.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)