OU Gardevoir

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
I dont really see any point in offensive reflect when you can use will-o-wisp, which might be a decent 4th move for a 3 attack set I guess.

i
I dont really see any point in offensive reflect when you can use will-o-wisp, which might be a decent 4th move for a 3 attack set I guess.
under stand that there is like no pokemon that use refect offensivly and thats why many don't understand but if you do the calcs nutral hits and some super effective hits wont kill you. Raise your defence by 60% over lowering the opponents by 30% besiseds this is a bulky set if it was a timid fast gardevoir it would justify the WoW. But here it wont work as well.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
i under stand that there is like no pokemon that use refect offensivly and thats why many don't understand but if you do the calcs nutral hits and some super effective hits wont kill you. Raise your defence by 60% over lowering the opponents by 30% besiseds this is a bulky set if it was a timid fast gardevoir it would justify the WoW. But here it wont work as well.
Just FYI, Reflect effectively raises your Defense 2x while Will-O-Wisp halves your opponent's Attack. The immediate effect is the same: your Pokemon takes only half of the damage it normally would from your opponent's physical attacks.

Really what's in question is what's more important/valuable: the ability to set Reflect once and take advantage of it for the next five turns without having to reset it each time, or the ability to inflict a burn for the rest of a battle. Reflect is much better suited for late-game sweeping situations in which having a Reflect up may allow Gardevoir to survive an attack and continue sweeping (scarf users, priority, etc.), whereas Will-O-Wisp is better for early- or mid-game situations in which neutering the opponent's attackers long-term is much more helpful. So in all honesty, I think both have merit and can be mentioned for their respective functions.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
WoW is a great option to use with Hidden Power Ground, crippling Steel-types such as Aegislash, Scizor, Mega Mawile, Ferrothorn, and Excadrill. Yeah Focus Blast can 2HKO some of them, but dat 70% accuracy... It should get at least a ''Moves'' mention on the first set, which should be as Fuzznip mentioned, with WoW possibly slashed on the last slot after or before Shadow Ball.

A
Just FYI, Reflect effectively raises your Defense 2x while Will-O-Wisp halves your opponent's Attack. The immediate effect is the same: your Pokemon takes only half of the damage it normally would from your opponent's physical attacks.

Really what's in question is what's more important/valuable: the ability to set Reflect once and take advantage of it for the next five turns without having to reset it each time, or the ability to inflict a burn for the rest of a battle. Reflect is much better suited for late-game sweeping situations in which having a Reflect up may allow Gardevoir to survive an attack and continue sweeping (scarf users, priority, etc.), whereas Will-O-Wisp is better for early- or mid-game situations in which neutering the opponent's attackers long-term is much more helpful. So in all honesty, I think both have merit and can be mentioned for their respective functions.
ah i apollogize thank you for correcting me. I just feel that for a bulky set the vitality would be more important since ur not outspeeding much to get the burn. perhaps for a speedy set the will-o-wisp would work better. Plus major threats like talon flame cant be burned. And lets not forget potential guts users.

WoW is a great option to use with Hidden Power Ground, crippling Steel-types such as Aegislash, Scizor, Mega Mawile, Ferrothorn, and Excadrill. Yeah Focus Blast can 2HKO some of them, but dat 70% accuracy... It should get at least a ''Moves'' mention on the first set, which should be as Fuzznip mentioned, with WoW possibly slashed on the last slot after or before Shadow Ball.
Definitly interesting and worth the notice for sure. timid Gardevoir could definitly use that for its own niche.

Reflect affects fire types & doesn't give Conk a guts boost. WoW is definitely great, but for the purpose reflect has on the set (buffing your bulk while you truck through 1-3 mons) it definitely seems more suited... on paper.

Reflect affects fire types & doesn't give Conk a guts boost. WoW is definitely great, but for the purpose reflect has on the set (buffing your bulk while you truck through 1-3 mons) it definitely seems more suited... on paper.
yeah you got the concept iv tested it out on show down and it work quite well expecially when they switch When you set up. I think this set has potencial. But of course its up to other people if they want to test the set as well

Conk could have assault vest. and very well take an attack
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 314-372 (89.4 - 105.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 326-386 (92.8 - 109.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

even if conk had taken no prior damage before switching into will-o-wisp, the burn damage would put it in guaranteed KO range of either of gardevoir's STABs. conkeldurr has no reason to switch in to gardevoir unless you're using it as death fodder.

Subs sets don't seem to doing well because her defence if much 2 frail and the sub ends up broken each turn.
WoW basically doubles your defense but I see what you mean. I don't think that's the entire point of a sub set, though. It can be used to ease predictions on forced switches and to prevent Mega Garde from being statused.

WoW basically doubles your defense but I see what you mean. I don't think that's the entire point of a sub set, though. It can be used to ease predictions on forced switches and to prevent Mega Garde from being statused.
Ah don't get me wrong in the right instances sub set will definitly work. its more that those instances don't occur very often ans with checks like scizor in the meta subs dont mean much for gardevoir.

Iv also ran a scarf gardevoir set.
Gardevoir
Trace
choice Scarf
Modest
252 SpAtk/252HP/4SpDEF

T Wave
Will o Wisp
Moonblast
psyshock/Healing wish

this is an effective choice set iv used being able to burn powerfull threats or cripple those fast sweepers.
psyshock is mainly to get rid of blissey and nothing really else but it can be used againt venasaur and the like But moonblast will definitly scare some folks into switching and you simply crippling that poke. Healling wish on the other hand is beatifull being able to recover a major threat late game is scary. scary enough that one might not want 2 kill the thing. if it would mean recovering a poke that could mean checkmate. But yeah Gardevoir is decently fast with scarf but some really fast pokes still outspeed it.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview

Mention that it has to spend one turn with 80 base Speed, which sucks for an offensive Pokemon.

Also make sure to stress how big of a con Mega Gardy's low bulk is. It fails to any strong priority or faster physical threat.

Mention that Hyper Voice bypassing Subs is great for Kyu-B, Gliscor, and Baton Pass teams.

First set

Moves

Slash WoW before Shadow Ball. WoW still cripples Aegislash, while also covering most physical Steel-types that would want to switch into Mega Gardy, such as AV and Scarf Excadrill, Ferrothorn, and Mega Scizor. Also, i would move Shadow Ball to AC, as HP Ground already covers it alongside Heatran, while WoW also fucks it up and has way more utility.

Hidden Power Ground is only for Aegislash and Heatran, not Steel and Fire-types in general.

Focus Blast also covers Excadrill and Heatran, both very important targets, so mention them, whiel also OHKOing Tyranitar, something Hyper Voice can't do.

Set Details

Provide more practical uses of Trace, such as against Heatran and Dragonite.
Gardevoirite is useful to activate Mega Garde
This is obvious, no need to mention it.

If Modest is really worth it, mention some specific merits it has, namely important OHKO/2HKOes.

Remove Destiny Bond from there, Mega Gardy has better things to be doing. Also HP Fire should go to 'Moves' not 'Set Details'.

Usage Tips

Please fix those, as they are clearly for the CM set and not the new one.

Team Options

Add Heatran, which takes on most Steel-types, sets up SR, and counters Talonflame too.

On the Scarf set, make Healing Wish the first slash on the last slot and move Destiny Bond to 'Moves', Healing Wish and Trick are way more useful.

I've used Mega Gardevoir a bit and I'm not sure Shadow Ball is a good idea.

232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 146-172 (55.9 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 112-134 (34.5 - 41.3%) -- 67.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

All standard Aegislash sets can switch in on Mega Gardevoir's STABs and immediately threaten with either a physical move (Iron Head is always a OHKO, even when uninvested; Shadow Sneak usually has at least a chance of OHKOing) or Shadow Ball. Better to write Aegislash off as a counter and cover against Heatran or Scizor, IMO.

Why isn't HP Fire slashed in the third move slot? I used Mega Gardevoir a lot today in a new Hyper Offense team and HP Fire came in so handy for all the Ferrothorns and Scizors as opposed to nailing only Heatran.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just a nitpick, but I would make the 4th moveslot on the mega set as Shadow Ball / Taunt rather than the other way around. I would also change the order of the second slot on the scarf set to Psyshock / Shadow Ball.

If there is any reasoning from QC about why it is the way it is, I will retract my statement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)