Pokémon Gardevoir

Status
Not open for further replies.
not exactly
232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 99-117 (28.1 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 272-322 (77.2 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

if you hit ferro with HV on the switch and then focus blast actually HITS, ferro dies
the 232 is cause i run 24 def 232 spa 252 speed

1. Good News: Gardevoir's in OU now:heart::heart::heart:
2. HP Fire is always a better option if you want to take out that pesky Ferrothorn.
3. Bisharp? No problem. Will-o-wisp cripples it a lot....
4. Hyper Voice is the best for M-Gardevoir because it bypasses substitute, so it can hit common users like scolipeade, smeargle, gliscor, etc...

The only fairy moves you should see are Moonblast for scarf variants or hyper voice for the banshee of death.

The Bisharp matchup is kinda weird cause LO sucker punch on an adamant gets the ohko but if Gardevoir will-o-wisps, Bisharp WILL always be burned. Or if Bisharp does anything other than sucker punch, it just dies (HV is a neutral ohko, like 101%)

4th moveslot has quite a few options but you really shouldn't use HP fire since Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn just as hard. The only thing that HP fire hits is Scizor which is a horrible matchup anyways. I hear people at really high levels use taunt to make the blobs completely useless, will-o-wisp cause lol scizor, and CM still works if you can eliminate higher speed tier threats. CM also does horrible horrible things to Baton Pass.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Taunt MGarde was very good when I used it, as it rampaged through stall, but with the correct teammates, I feel that it doesn't really need it outside of utility (although 3HKOing Chansey is quite nice). Will-o-Wisp was also extremely solid, as it would always beat out things like Bisharp (who almost never expect it) and MMawile, turning it useless and avoiding the Sucker Punch. A partner like Bisharp provides a great offensive core and the ability to rip through stall rather easily, as Chansey hates taking a +2 Knock off, and MGarde shreds through the rest of the team with HV.

Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon, but it sucks it can't do much against Aegislash and Scizor. I use Shadow Ball for Aegislash.

Also, would you think Gardevoir would be Ubers if it would get Boomburst?

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 228-268 (32.3 - 38%) -- 96.3% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 156-184 (44.3 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Blade: 308-363 (95 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 178-210 (47.5 - 56.1%) -- 81.6% chance to 2HKO

What do you think? Will I'd be awesome if it get Boomburst?

dont use shadow ball, you just lose so much god damn coverage for only hitting aegislash
just accept that aegislash counters it HARD and pray to all hell that aegislash gets banned
also boomburst would be freaking hilarious

dont use shadow ball, you just lose so much god damn coverage for only hitting aegislash
just accept that aegislash counters it HARD and pray to all hell that aegislash gets banned
also boomburst would be freaking hilarious
Well, I also use Shadow ball for Steel, Ghost and Psychic types. If it's still not good, what do you suggest me?

Scizor get neutral damage to Focus Blast, though. And also, at the analyse at the Original Post, there is a error. Mega Gardevoir's special attack is 165, not 175.
It's been a long day

Scizor is 2HKOd but that's not good enough since CB Scizor can force a dangerous 50/50 with BP and Pursuit, and while Mega Scizor don't reslly use Pursuit they are nowhere near close to beaten by Focus Blast and can, depending on the EVs, live an HP Fire and Mega Scizor is much more common than regular Scizor, if Heatran didn't exist then HP Fire would be ok but as of now, not really.

Well, I also use Shadow ball for Steel, Ghost and Psychic types. If it's still not good, what do you suggest me?
focus blast hits heatran and ferrothorn, you shouldnt be trying to fight scizor under any circumstance unless you have balls of titanium and want to go for WoW, hyper voice outdamages on psychic types (80*2 vs 90*1.5*1.3) and most neutral targets anyways, focus blast also lets you beat non-scarf/sand rush excadrill and sometimes bs your way past excadrill in sand (pre-mega, trace sand rush, "holy shit")
its better to have the chance to beat things like heatran and ferro most of the time then just flat out get forced out

Shadow Ball vs OU Steels

Scizor
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 124-146 (36 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Scizor: 102-121 (29.7 - 35.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Excadrill
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 147-173 (40.7 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 91-108 (25.9 - 30.7%) -- 68.8% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Heatran
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 98-116 (30.3 - 35.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Skarmory
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 138-163 (41.3 - 48.8%) -- 75.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Even when I used the least specially defensive OU sets listed on the website, not one of the OU steels who take neutral damage will be 2HKO'd 100% of the time, even with Stealth Rock. Skarmory has a good chance to be 2HKO'd but Hyper Voice actually does more damage, lol, and is a guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock on 252 HP/4 SpD Skarmory. So it's basically just to hit Aegislash. It's an okay option in addition to Focus Blast but should never replace Focus Blast as the main way to handle Steels.

Just a hypothetical question. Suppose Mega Garde could learn quick attack, would this move have been of any use. I mean with base 85 atk, STAB and pixilate boost i am sure Garde would have found some uses for this move? No?

Just a hypothetical question. Suppose Mega Garde could learn quick attack, would this move have been of any use. I mean with base 85 atk, STAB and pixilate boost i am sure Garde would have found some uses for this move? No?
Base 85 attack with no boosting item and probably a hindering nature as well is just hilarious on such a weak move (even with Pixilate, it's 78 BP after STAB). So no.

Base 85 attack with no boosting item and probably a hindering nature as well is just hilarious on such a weak move (even with Pixilate, it's 78 BP after STAB). So no.
I did not have in mind that Garde would use this to sweep, I was more thinking that she could use it to eliminate faster weakened pokemon that otherwise would speed and ohko. Pardon my obsessiveness to find a use for the seemingly wasted boost to its atk stat.

You could use Shadow Sneak, for all the good it would do. She wants to have the attacking options she has now, however, so unless you want to build an altogether physical set for her, that would be the only, non-gimmick, way to really utilize that attack boost. If you did that, though, not only would it be a huge waste, but you might as well use Gallade instead.

Personally, I'm just holding out the hope against hope that when they go in to rectify the error in M-Alakazam's stat boosts, they realize just what they've done to her, as well, by giving her that absolutely useless stat boost in attack, and do something to fix it.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Personally, I'm just holding out the hope against hope that when they go in to rectify the error in M-Alakazam's stat boosts, they realize just what they've done to her, as well, by giving her that absolutely useless stat boost in attack, and do something to fix it.
Plenty of other megas got boosts in useless stats. Pinsir's got a SpA boost, for example.

I imagine it's to avoid making it too broken, given that almost all of them have stuck to a +100 BST rule.

You could use Shadow Sneak, for all the good it would do. She wants to have the attacking options she has now, however, so unless you want to build an altogether physical set for her, that would be the only, non-gimmick, way to really utilize that attack boost. If you did that, though, not only would it be a huge waste, but you might as well use Gallade instead.

There is a HUGE difference between non stab shadow sneak and semi-decent stab move. I had in mind a pseudo mixed set on Garde. Obviously I do not want an all physical set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)