Pokémon Gardevoir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys! That makes me pretty excited actually that there's even a bit of a boost. I've been bogged down with college so I haven't had a chance to battle with Moon Blast yet to see if I like it more than Echoed Voice. This thread will certainly be the first to know my results for sure =)

Okuu

Blame [me] for Global Warming!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
You can switch out on the turn gengar mega-evolves, yes.
You're not wrong, but I want to elaborate for clarity's sake.

If you are against a Gengar, and you decide to switch your Pokemon out on the turn that it would Mega-Evolve (and thus gain Shadow Tag), you won't be prevented from switching. Switching has priority over Mega-Evolution, so the Gengar won't have Shadow Tag at the moment the switch occurs.

If you have a Gengar (or any other Mega-Evolvable Pokemon), and you want to Mega-Evolve it and switch it out in the same turn, you can't. Since switching has priority over Mega-Evolution, you will switch Pokemon out before you can Mega-Evolve it.

Has it been confirmed that STAB stacks with the 30% boost from pixilate?

If so, do they stack additively or multiplicatively?

Jesus so Pixilate/Aerilate/Refrigerate almost translate out to an Adaptability boost on top of transforming Normal moves to their respective types. That's amazing.

X/Y Analysis for Gardevoir (Mega)

Take one look at Gardevoir and you see a Pokemon that has been outclassed for generations. With X and Y comes something Gardevoir needed but couldn't get: a simple boost. Mega Gardevoir's garguantuan 170 base SpA, coupled with stellar base 130 SpD (even though her resistances are mainly physical), plus a nice base 100 Speed, leave her with all the tools needed to support her diverse movepool. Her ability, Pixilate, turns Return into a destruction machine (base 85 Attack only hinders her a little bit., and with Moonblast + Psyshock STAB, she can wreak havoc on anything that doesn't resist either type, and seeing as Poison and Steel aren't common offensive types (oh yeah, and she can hit your Dark-type with Moonblast for SE damage), plus being able to deal with two of Psychic's weaknesses (Bug and Dark), plus Shadow Ball for Ghost-types (not to mention a handy Dragon resistance).

While she does have nice special defense, what is able to hit her hard goes on the physical side more often has a weak base 65 Defense to pounce on. And while she is no longer vulnerable to Sucker Punch, plus doesn't have much weaknesses that she can't beat, many neutral physical attacks can take her down.

All together, while Mega Gardevoir's physical bulk is no bulk at all, she can outspeed threats and hit them pretty hard. The pros here outweigh the cons.

Btw, I wouldn't go for Trace, instead Synchronize.
...Why? Trace is one of Gardevoir's best assets. Being able to copy the ability of an opposing pokemon is an extremely powerful utility, especially when you can turn that ability against them. You could copy something like Water Absorb to absorb an incoming Water attack, Intimidate to cripple a sweeper, Natural Cure to heal status, or even something like Multiscale to abuse. Even on Mega Gardevoir, you should probably run Trace since it can give Gardevoir a free switch in before it mega evolves, or even give it a potential boost if it manages to copy something like Speed Boost. I don't think Synchronize nearly matches up to the utility of Trace.

K you go running around with Return on a Gardevoir see where that gets you. hint its going to get you absolutely nowhere. 85 Attack is NOT useable with such a high Special Attack right beside it. Since your going to be running Moonblast until Hyper Voice comes out (I don't see Mega Gardevoir being viable at all until it comes out) why would you double up on Fairy moves when you should be running coverage or set up moves. better options than Return include but are not limited to: Shadow Ball, Focus Miss, Thunderbolt Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Moon Blast, Dazzling Gleam (Shouldn't run this anyway but its better than Return) and just about any Special move thats viable in Gardevoirs arsenal which is surprisingly wide for a former low NU mone. she also would rather run Support as a decent but not great special wall than to run Return. Heck she'd rather fricken HYPER BEAM! its a death sentence but at least she will probably kill something. Pixelate is a useless ability in general, Gardevoir and Sylveon can't abuse it to any effect until they both get Hyper Voice after Pokebank. these are pretty much irrefutable facts. you may not like it but its true

and Synchronize over Trace.....no just no. thats like Running Hyper Cutter over Intimidate on Mawile. it has its uses but Trace provides so many opportunities for Gardevoir to do work its just not worth it.

Round can be used to hit through subs, and hits 80 BP after the Pixelate boost(but before STAB). Not so useless.

alls round has is hitting through subs. as nice as that is Moonblast is still a better option for that extra power.
Uh, no. Hitting through subs really is a strong positive, and their BP is close enough that you can honestly use one or the other. If it was as weak as Echoed Voice, I'd agree.

Round has 117 BP post stab and Pixelate and can hit through Subs, Moonblast has 135 BP post Stab and lowers Special Attack, which is just as helpful to Gardevoir against special threats. now both are outclassed by Hyper Voice (175.5 post boosts) of course but imo Moonblast is probably superior until it comes out. Gardevoir isn't gonna want to come in on a sub, nor would she want to stay in vs something that can set up a sub on her minus maybe Gliscor or Breloom (Breloom probably wouldn't get a sub off on her though and probably won't be that viable this time around) I just don't see much use for Round.

Round has 117 BP post stab and Pixelate and can hit through Subs, Moonblast has 135 BP post Stab and lowers Special Attack, which is just as helpful to Gardevoir against special threats. now both are outclassed by Hyper Voice (175.5 post boosts) of course but imo Moonblast is probably superior until it comes out. Gardevoir isn't gonna want to come in on a sub, nor would she want to stay in vs something that can set up a sub on her minus maybe Gliscor or Breloom (Breloom probably wouldn't get a sub off on her though and probably won't be that viable this time around) I just don't see much use for Round.
Gardevoir would love forcing a sub user out, especially making them waste that sub. Obviously, Hyper Voice is miles better than either. No one will argue otherwise, I would hope. But, until then, we have Round and Moonblast as her STAB option for Fairy type. Also, that Special Attack decrease isn't reliable, while Round will always hit through that sub. Again, either will work. But that's my opinion.

You really should never be fighting Breloom as Mega Gardevoir. Unless you're running a fully defensive Mega Gardevoir, Breloom OHKOs with an unboosted Bullet Seed, is faster than you if you switch in against Rock Tomb, and still has the capacity to put you to sleep with Spore. MG has no business coming in against it.

TBH, I can't see Breloom running Sub in Gen VI, period. It barely has room for Spore with its newfound offensive coverage. It isn't going to give up Bullet Seed/ Mach Punch/ Rock Tomb/ Spore/ Swords Dance for Substitute.

As for Mega Gardevoir, I honestly can't see it be worth using until Hyper Voice is released. Currently, there's little to no reason to use it over the host of other Megas. HV might change things, giving it a much welcome power boost, but until then...

Pretty much the only issue I could possibly see with Hyper Voice is taht it's still Normal-type until Gardevoir goes Mega, but if you're planing to Mega Evolve it on the very first turn it gets to attack, that detail will be inconsequential anyway. There's also Soundproof, but all of its users suck. In general, I can't really see Pixilated Hyper Voice not outclassing Moonblast.

TBH, I can't see Breloom running Sub in Gen VI, period.
TBH, I can't see many people running Breloom in Gen. VI, period. It got that badly nerfed.

K you go running around with Return on a Gardevoir see where that gets you. hint its going to get you absolutely nowhere. 85 Attack is NOT useable with such a high Special Attack right beside it. Since your going to be running Moonblast until Hyper Voice comes out (I don't see Mega Gardevoir being viable at all until it comes out) why would you double up on Fairy moves when you should be running coverage or set up moves. better options than Return include but are not limited to: Shadow Ball, Focus Miss, Thunderbolt Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Moon Blast, Dazzling Gleam (Shouldn't run this anyway but its better than Return) and just about any Special move thats viable in Gardevoirs arsenal which is surprisingly wide for a former low NU mone. she also would rather run Support as a decent but not great special wall than to run Return. Heck she'd rather fricken HYPER BEAM! its a death sentence but at least she will probably kill something. Pixelate is a useless ability in general, Gardevoir and Sylveon can't abuse it to any effect until they both get Hyper Voice after Pokebank. these are pretty much irrefutable facts. you may not like it but its true

and Synchronize over Trace.....no just no. thats like Running Hyper Cutter over Intimidate on Mawile. it has its uses but Trace provides so many opportunities for Gardevoir to do work its just not worth it.
Gardevoir is mega evolving for me anyway so it doesn't need trace, in case it runs into crap like Hyper Cutter or Limber. A perfectly good waste of that.
Running Hyper Beam is a good idea actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)