Gavantula

The problem is, the opponent goes,

"Hmmm, I see a Galvantula. Will I switch in a pokemon that will easily beat it, or will I send in a pokemon that is as good as dead against Galvantula?"

If your opponent is the least bit sane, Spider Web won't help much.
I think he meant that after they send in their galvantula counter, you call back your galvantula and send in a counter to their pokemon.

I've got a question. Doesn't Compoundeyes increase accuracy by 30% of the original accuracy? I thought that was what it did on Butterfree. I thought Thunder would be 91% accurate with Compoundeyes factored in...

Exactly. It's like if Heatran could freely use Fire Blast through an ability if his other abilities were trash (which they aren't). Provided Denchura isn't as hard-hitting as Heatran but you get my point.
Well, it can't. There's still a miss chance, just less of one.

It's more like if Heatran's Fire Blast only had a 9% miss chance instead of a 15% miss chance and had a 30% burn chance instead of a 10% burn chance. People would be much more likely to choose it over Flamethrower.

Yeah. That's what I meant lol

Basically, Compoundeyes is good enough on Denchura. So use Compoundeyes. Because Swarm really sucks.

Galvantula is pretty awesome. Life Orb thunder wrecks lots of stuff - the 30% paralysis is wonderful and can really support the team well.

Personally, I go for HP Water instead of Ice or Grass as the final move. With the exception of Magnemite/Magneton, and Rotom (normal form), all Pokemon that resist Bug/Electric are weak to water. Whereas some things that resist Bug/Electric are neutral to or resist ice (Steeliz, Dory, Rotom-H). The only problem with HP Water is that you miss the KO on stuff like Gliscor.

Look forward to using this thing in a lower tier, that's for sure.

If they had given it fire blast/blizzard/hydro pump Gavantula would be pretty awesome, but they didn't. It has good speed and decent SpA but even with a 91% accurate thunder it's a little underwhelming. Still, as many others have said, i could see it being a good UU pokemon.

If i wanted sub petaya should I use hp ice or energy ball along with thunder/bug buzz. Also should I use swarm or Compoundeyes?

If i wanted sub petaya should I use hp ice or energy ball along with thunder/bug buzz. Also should I use swarm or Compoundeyes?
Compound eyes, definitely. Mostly removing the accuracy problem of Thunder is a definite boon here.

This thing is absolutely ripping apart everything in sight in the main game by the way, easily the best thing on my team for now, even despite its frailty. I'll certainly be using it rather often in my MP team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)