Gen 1 Gen 1 and tradebacks dev - Post bugs here

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So I've worked on it a lot recently and I daresay it's done. The current ladder is not tagged as beta and has a lot of bugfixes and refactors. I must ask of you, dear smogoners, to play gen 1 (challenge will suffice) and tell me if you find anything wrong.

Thanks!

Edit: You have now play gen 1 with tradebacks as a challenge option as well.

Last edited:
re-post from your bug fix thread: you forgot this one

joim, you forgot to fix this bug in gen1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-196056869
turns 5-7
Basically what is happening is if you use a move that needs to charge the first round, and you KO something with said move it will be forced into a screen where you must use that move again, however it's just a wasted turn, because as you see in turn 7, I'm back on the move select screen, and could use a different move even though it said i was charging for sky attack (it wasn't).

This bug is relevant to any move which needs a charge up round. (fly,dig,skullbash,sky attack,solar beam) idk if there is any others.

This can't be directly tested without thousands of trials, so I'll just ask: Did Psychic's secondary-effect chance get fixed to 85/256 (~1/3) instead of the 76/256 (30%) it had been thought to be?

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That's the % chance of a secondary hit, right? Right now I'm taking the later gens 100% chance, multiplying it by 255 and then dividing it by 100 and calling random from 0 to 255 to calculate to emulate the cartridge. Do you think I should update all RBY (and GSC moves) using the 255 notation everywhere?

Joim

Pixels matter
That's the % chance of a secondary hit, right?
Yeah, typo

Do you think I should update all RBY (and GSC moves) using the 255 notation everywhere?
Well that's up to you. It's not a big deal anyway. It's just that for some chances you can emulate them perfectly without using the 255 notation. For example, using 33 for Psychic and similar moves gives you a 84/256 chance whereas using 34 gives you a 86/256 chance.

Joim

Pixels matter
There is another bug with counter, but seismic toss isn't countered because its base damage is 0. I mean, that's expected.

As far as I'm aware, the above is true, except that if you select fight, you can NOT go back and switch. So you can find out if wrap is ended but it locks you in to attacking. Can someone confirm this?
No. If you're able to attack, you're able to go back and switch. You're not locked into the Attack menu.