Resource RBY & Tradebacks Bug Report Thread

supposed to what? Crits should definitely do the same damage regardless of the status of the pokemon who is using the critical hitting attack, ergo the second slash in that replay should have done the same amount of damage as the first one!

Last edited:

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
They are supposed to :S
Just tested it on BGB to be 100% sure, Critical Hit do negate the stat reduction from Burn.
Non Burned Persian's Slash did 130 to Tauros, Burned Persian's Slash did 124, damage range is 122-144.

Edit: Or you meant they are supposed to ignore the Attack drop on Showdown but it doesn't work for some reason ?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ralysis-burn-stat-drops.3525356/#post-5944428
Is there any chance this will be added into the sim at some point. If the answer is no, then I understand. This looks like a nightmare to add into anything. If any brave soul is to take this on, i would like to wish them good luck. I tested for this the other day also. If it is in, then it isn't working at any rate.
i swear the guy who made stat* mechanics mustve been high as fuck
fixed this :)

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ghosts are currently immune to Super Fang. Super Fang should be able to hit Ghosts in RBY.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I haven't tested it but someone seems to have already used this so..

Stomp should be illegal on Exeggutor with Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, and lol Poison Powder.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Too lazy to check right now, what's the source of stomp that makes it illegal with those?

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
feeling pretty angry when someone knows a bug and doesn't report it or tell anyone for ages especially when the #1 coder cares about what's being coded about and the bug is probably pretty small, my friend Feena has found that rest can miss. So presumably like a 255 but not the proper kind where it fails if your HP is 255 or 511 HP less than max.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Rest is subject to 1/256 miss chance.

Edit: Nevermind, I was wrong.

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Rest is subject to 1/256 miss chance.
it should only 'miss' when HP is 255 or 511 less than max and should always fail at that point, same as recover and softboiled right? also feena the person I got that from said that golduck's HP doesn't go up to that at that level.

Joim

Pixels matter
it should only 'miss' when HP is 255 or 511 less than max and should always fail at that point, same as recover and softboiled right? also feena the person I got that from said that golduck's HP doesn't go up to that at that level.
No, Rest may fail as any other move (but swift or partial trapping move mid-duration or sleep inducing move after hyper beam recharge on the same turn) 1/256 of the times, plus if the HP is exactly 255 or 511 less than max. The 1/256 miss chance applies to all moves, status or otherwise, unless the code specifically indicates it always hits.

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
No, Rest may fail as any other move (but swift or partial trapping move mid-duration or sleep inducing move after hyper beam recharge on the same turn) 1/256 of the times, plus if the HP is exactly 255 or 511 less than max. The 1/256 miss chance applies to all moves, status or otherwise, unless the code specifically indicates it always hits.
I didn't realise o_o

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I am 95% this is incorrect. Moves that only affect the user such as Harden, Swords Dance and Rest do not go through the accuracy check because there's no target. If what you say would be true, Sand Attack would cause Rest (or Defense Curl etc.) to miss very frequently but I have never seen that happen.

Joim

Pixels matter
IIRC that's because they don't check the modifiers when the target is oneself, but the accuracy set on those is 255 and the check is still "is lower than 255". Should check the disassembly again for wait for Crystal_ as I'm at work

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Joim

Pixels matter
Then I have had wrong documentation on it, my bad. Going to review that and fix it asap.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
jp z,asm_3d74b ; for moves with 0 BP, skip any further damage calculation and, for now, skip MoveHitTest
; for these moves, accuracy tests will only occur if they are called as part of the effect itself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)