Resource RBY & Tradebacks Bug Report Thread

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Something's buggy with Psychic damage calculations (perhaps reverting to special split?). Whenever I see an FP Zam Psychics will jump from 15% to each other to 26%.

Sorry if this is a redundant question, but is there any hope of implementing a Fight button when Wrap is active? It's pretty much the only way to have accurate wrap mechanics. As it's currently implemented on the sim Wrap information is skewed rather heavily in favour of the wrap user

edit: another thing that bothers me is when you mouseover your pokemon and it's boosted, it doesn't show the updated stats. I think this matters in the context of gen 1/2 because it's then unclear when a pokemon reaches 999 in a stat

Last edited:

Enigami

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher
Can there be some sort of message alerting players about Speed/Attack drops when a Pokemon is paralyzed/burned and the opponent boosts their own stats or reduces one of the statused Pokemon's?

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
(Turn 78+, Rest + mimic'd Rest on both Pokémon, PP are not deduced, "Vaporeon is in an endless loop." message at turn 99)

Gen1 said:
Turn 40
Lapras, come back!
Go! Chansey!
The opposing Golduck unleashed its energy!
Chansey lost 11.1% of its health!
Chansey fainted!
Go! Lapras!
Turn 41
The opposing Golduck unleashed its energy!
Lapras lost 76.2% of its health!
Lapras fainted!
★linek: wat
Go! Tauros!
Bide shouldn't hit twice in a row.
Replay

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Something's buggy with Psychic damage calculations (perhaps reverting to special split?). Whenever I see an FP Zam Psychics will jump from 15% to each other to 26%.
Is this related to the Special Defense drop or critical hit ratio?
What is an FP Zam? I know Zam is Alakazam, but I wasn't sure if this is a term for a specific move or other term, such as it knowing Fire Punch.
Psychic the type, not the move?
The move has always been special. What move in the Psychic type changed to physical in later generations, that was in gen 1 to begin with?

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
That was likely Special fall erroneously reapplied after a FP.
FP means Fully Paralyzed
Psychic is the move, there's an "s" meaning "Psychic attacks".
He knows that. And none of these moves' phys/spec class were changed.

That report is old and was likely fixed btw, I quicktested it a few minutes ago.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I meant spc split as in splitting the special stat into special attack & spdef from gen 2 onward, which shaved a ton off alakazams effective spdef stat (on the order of a 30% reduction). I had noticed the reported change in damage even when there wasn't a spc fall to begin with, so there would be nothing to reapply, and the damage change didnt obviously align with spc falls (should be ~22% with 1 spc fall, ~30% with 2)

But it is an old report & likely to be fixed now, but just in case you were not running the proper tests i figured id clarify.

I think that there's a bug in the implementation of EV's in the emulator or in the PS Damage Calculator. This is because the Chansey v Chansey Ice Beams were doing a lot more than anticipated.
Actual Outcome :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-539577755
Look at turns 34-41. You can see that it is does well over 14% sometimes.
Expected Outcome:
Chansey Ice Beam vs. Chansey: 68-81 (9.6 - 11.5%) -- possible 9HKO
Both of us are sure that we have 252 HP EV and 252 Special EV and 15 DV in each.
(Grand total of 703 HP, 308 Special)
More discussion is here if anyone is interested.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-539590957
Any ideas what's causing this discrepancy?

Edit: We played a few more battles, but could not replicate it. So it's possible that it's only a glitch that affects the ladder,but not when you challenge somebody directly.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-539597502
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-539598931

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
According to the Gen 2 bug thread, Zarel was playing around with teambuilder code last weekend and "EVs weren't getting sent properly in certain situation" for both Gens 1 and 2. The issue should be fixed. Of course, he also posted that on Saturday, so maybe it isn't actually fixed in all circumstances. Or perhaps your teams were bugged, then fixed themselves after opening the teambuilder to doublecheck DVs and EVs.

On a ladder match my opponents Gyarados 0HKO'd my Tauros with a Surf crit, which shouldnt kill.

The opposing Gyarados used Surf!
A critical hit! Tauros lost 100% of its health!
Tauros fainted!

Gyarados Surf vs. Tauros on a critical hit: 251-295 (71.1 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-543181655

Also other moves doing more than they should.
Exeggutor used Psychic!
The opposing Raichu lost 62% of its health!

Exeggutor Psychic vs. Raichu: 123-145 (38 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-543187812

The opposing MEMES (Exe) used Psychic!
A critical hit! Jolteon lost 85.3% of its health!

Exeggutor Psychic vs. Jolteon on a critical hit: 209-246 (62.7 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
In this battle, opponent's Slowbro Amnesiad to max before using Thunder Wave. After he used Thunder Wave, he THEN used Amnesia again, but his special couldn't raise anymore ... yet he still dropped my speed. That's a bug - the speed drop should only be reapplied on a successful stat-alteration.

Turn 9
Chansey used Soft-Boiled!
Chansey restored its HP.
The opposing Broking used Thunder Wave!
Chansey is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Turn 10
Chansey used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective! The opposing Broking lost 11% of its health!
The opposing Broking is paralyzed! It can't move!
Turn 11
It's super effective! The opposing Broking lost 12% of its health!
The opposing Broking used Amnesia!
Turn 12
The opposing Broking used Rest!
But it failed!
It's super effective! The opposing Broking lost 13% of its health!

Last edited:
So, Psychic's chance for a drop is 85/256, or roughly 33.2%. I noticed it said 30% on Smogon and PS, though it looks programmed as 33%. I'm not sure if it can be set to /256, but that would be a slightly more accurate ideal. Actually, all stat down side effects use that same high percentage, but the others look like they're only 10% at the moment. Persian's BubbleBeam is the most notable one, but it also applies to Bubble, Aurora Beam, Acid, and Constrict.

Crystal_ said:
STAT DOWN SIDE EFFECT

Moves included:
Acid, BubbleBeam, Aurora Beam, Psychic, Constrict, Bubble

- Doesn't occur against Substitute or invulnerability (Fly/Dig) status. Otherwise 85/256 chance to occur (~33.2%).
- Decrement corresponding stat level by -1, unless it's already -6.
- For Attack, Defense, Special, and Speed, recalculate the Pokemon's current stat (only the stat affected) according to the new stat level. Cap at 999, minimum is 1.
- Bug: When the stat gets recalculated, ignore any attack drop from burn and any speed drop from paralysis. If the target is burned or paralyzed, apply the corresponding stat penalties to him (again). This is a bug, see explanation above, under Stat Up Effect 1.

Code:
The opposing Kadabra used Psychic!
It's super effective! Golbat lost 87.1% of its health!
Golbat's Special fell!
Golbat used Double-Edge!
The opposing Kadabra lost 43% of its health!
Golbat is damaged by the recoil!

Turn 2
Golbat used Hyper Beam!
The opposing Kadabra lost 56% of its health!
The opposing Kadabra fainted!
☆Scream2: how/ a-a
Scream2 sent out Raticate!

Turn 3
☆Crystal_ rby: counter?
☆Scream2: psychic ):
):

Not a speed tie btw.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
In a recent game, my +0 Chansey's Ice Beam did 90% to a +0 Rhydon. I don't know if this is a known bug, if I'm wrong, or if I actually found something, but on the damage calculator it says that it should only deal 54.2 - 63.9%. I checked with my opponent and his DVs were all maxed, etc. Very weird.

The same guy's Rhydon was reportedly OHKOd by a Chansey BubbleBeam on ladder, which should deal 88% at the most.

Anecdotally, I've noticed that many moves which rely on the Special stat are dealing more damage than they should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)