1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 2 IVs, EVs?

Discussion in 'Historical Threads' started by An00bis, May 2, 2010.

1. An00bis

An00bis

So I've got an upcoming netplay GSC showdown with an old friend of mine. I've gotten like 3 pokes to level 100, but their stats are not the same as listed on the GS page about him. I figured there weren't EVs in GSC because no mins/max were listed (and I have never heard of GSC EV training), but it seems something went wrong. I also thought there aren't IVs, but after hatching a few totodile eggs it became clear they all had different stats. So I guess my questions are

1. How does EV training work in this game? Does a certain pokemon give off certain points, just like in DPPt? And can a stat have 255 EVs, just like in DPPt?

2. How do IVs work? Can I use metalkid's IV calculator to find Gen 2's IVs? If so, which nature do I put in?
  2. Hegna

Hegna

Instead of EVs, 1st and 2nd gen use Stat EXP. You get stat exp equal to the base stats of the Pokemon you defeated. Each stat has a cap of 65535 stat exp, but you only need 65025 stat exp to get the full 63 stat boost. I can't remember the exact formula used though. There is no cap for total stat EXP.

IIRC IVs (or DVs) have a cap of 15 in second gen, and each point gives 2 stat points. Thus, you can get a boost of up to 30 from DVs.
  3. Icy Vegeta

Icy Vegeta

A shiny Pokémon, in Generation II only, must have IVs of 10 in Defense, Speed, and Special Attack/Defense, as well as an IV of 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, or 15 in Attack.

A Pokémon's gender, was determined based solely on its Attack IV when compared to a specific value native to the Pokemon's species. If the Attack IV was less than the gender code associated with the Pokémon's species, it would be female, whereas in all other instances, the Pokémon would be male.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your Metal battling!
  4. Crystal_

Crystal_
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Also say that the Pokemon's SpA and SpD Ivs (and Evs) are the same.

Don't worry much abaut training, just battle and battle until you reach the level 100. Then you can continue battling until you have the 65025-65535 Ivs in each stat, putting the Pokemon in the Box to get its Stats increased.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)