Gen 2 PS Development - Post bugs here

Lavos

Banned deucer.
----------------------------------
Turn 11

You have 150 seconds to make your decision.

The opposing Charizard used Earthquake!
sees future lost 80.3% of its health!

sees future used Surf!
It's super effective! The opposing Charizard lost 56.0% of its health!

The opposing Charizard fainted!

Katrinaprime sent out Blissey!
Turn 12

sees future used Rest!
sees future fell asleep!
sees future slept and became healthy!
----------------------------------

I should get Leftovers recovery after Blissey comes out. That particular item seems to be quite buggy.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Same bug from before, been sick so haven't been able to fix it, no one else has done it :/

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I know. I took the liberty of not working immediately on it since people weren't using PS for SPL since it's not an easy change and I've been doing IRL job stuff mostly. Will update RoA threads soon, though.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well no shit we weren't using PS, you "took the liberty of not working immediately on it." Not that anyone else used it Week 1 anyway but I was forced to go back to PO along with everyone else because of it. I would rather use PS.

And then tiba was a huge (BAN ME PLEASE)faggot (is this censored? no) and I had a good laugh anyway, so that's another good reason to be using PS.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Yo I didn't bug him for three weeks trying not to be rude, so don't tell me I'm being rude by pointing out him not fixing it yet is precisely the reason I haven't yet gone back to using PS for my SPL battles.

Joim

Pixels matter
Well it's a vicious circle, no one was using PS for gen 2 so it wasn't as urgent, plus I've had a huge influx of RL work (the one in which I get actually paid) that hasn't allowed me to code much outside of that. I mean, I simply gave up on Gen 2 for this SPL, after almost a month of heavy coding for past gens seeing it hadn't been enough was quite frustrating.

Joim

Pixels matter
Update: My acolyte xfix has kindly fixed stuff on Gen 2. I fixed a problem related to gen 2 in team validator. I'm undertaking a code review and going to add tests, if possible, for gen 2 soon. The same goes for gen 1, although its state is quite close to 100% good.

I'm going to add a challenge option for gen 2 random battles, which will help us discover gen 2 mechanical bugs.

In this game the following happened:

Turn 20
The opposing Gengar used Explosion!
It's not very effective... Tyranitar lost 38.2% of its health!

The opposing Gengar fainted!

Tyranitar used Pursuit!
But there was no target...

Basically after Gengar using Explosion the turn should've ended right there wihout Tyranitar going for Pursuit.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Turn 2

Zapdos used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! The opposing Zapdos lost 35% of its health!

The opposing Zapdos used Toxic!
Zapdos was badly poisoned!

Zapdos restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 3

Zapdos used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! The opposing Zapdos lost 19% of its health!

The opposing Zapdos fainted!

SwagMander Gaming sent out Gengar!

Zapdos restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

===============================================

I should take Toxic damage somewhere, right?

Joim

Pixels matter
You guys tell me. I'm also going to set up random battles by challenge to catch more bugs, if any.

Potentially huge issue: I noticed while looking through the Gen 2 Github that Egg moves are all just listed as 2E instead of 2Ex. Did a quick test with Razor Wind + Petal Dance Bulbasaur against unfixable, and it passed as legal. Does it check for Egg move legality issues anywhere else in the code, or are all Egg moves currently compatible with each other? :x

Also, a few of the Pokemon had Egg moves coded into them on Gold + Silver, but with no available parents (Bulbasaur with Charm, Staryu with any Egg moves). Just tested Charm Bulba and Aurora Beam Staryu with ashiemore, and both moves worked. Should I go through and delete moves like that on the list, or do you want them listed anyway but set as illegal somewhere else?

Also, is there a way to just set it so any move that didn't exist in Gen 1 and is only obtainable through Events / Eggs is automatically illegal with any Gen 1 exclusive moves? That'd automatically stop issues like the Cloyster and Clefable problems brought up above.

So, if any of the following moves are only listed as 2Ex or 2Sx, they are incompatible with any move listed only as 1x:
Sketch
Triple Kick
Thief
Spider Web
Mind Reader
Nightmare
Flame Wheel
Snore
Curse
Flail
Conversion 2
Aeroblast
Cotton Spore
Reversal
Spite
Powder Snow
Protect
Mach Punch
Scary Face
Feint Attack
Sweet Kiss
Belly Drum
Sludge Bomb
Mud-Slap
Octazooka
Spikes
Zap Cannon
Foresight
Destiny Bond
Perish Song
Icy Wind
Detect
Bone Rush
Lock-On
Outrage
Sandstorm
Giga Drain
Endure
Charm
Rollout
False Swipe
Swagger
Milk Drink
Spark
Fury Cutter
Steel Wing
Mean Look
Attract
Sleep Talk
Heal Bell
Return
Present
Frustration
Safeguard
Pain Split
Sacred Fire
Magnitude
Dynamic Punch
Megahorn
Dragon Breath
Baton Pass
Encore
Pursuit
Rapid Spin
Sweet Scent
Iron Tail
Metal Claw
Vital Throw
Morning Sun
Synthesis
Moonlight
Hidden Power
Cross Chop
Twister
Rain Dance
Sunny Day
Crunch
Mirror Coat
Psych Up
Extreme Speed
Ancient Power
Shadow Ball
Future Sight
Rock Smash
Whirlpool
Beat Up

I'm happy to help with any of the above, btw. Might need a bit of guidance on some of the stuff though, since I'm not super familiar with the code.

Edit: Confirming the "potentially huge problem" is indeed a huge problem:
★Jellicent: shiiit
★Jellicent: this whole team is illegal
★unfixable: :o
★unfixable: what is it?
★Jellicent: ancient power + belly drum zard, haze + mirror coat blastoise, outrage + pursuit ttar, charm lax, moonlight + ancient power eggy, haze + perish song gengar

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)