Gen 2 PS Development - Post bugs here

I'm working on this after my morning meeting.
Couldn't find an actual list anywhere, so just a quick head's up on the Egg moves that aren't possible but are programmed into Gold + Silver fsr:
Bulbasaur - Charm
Oddish - Charm
Staryu - Aurora Beam, Barrier, Supersonic
Snorlax - Charm

I thought the list was longer for some reason, but it's pretty short actually :P

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i'm mad, i totally won that battle!
This also randomly happens after some mons faint, i don't think it has any impact on the battles, it sure as hell is not supposed to fail there though. It just gives me the message, nothing happens though, i normally got my ladder points after that battle etc.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
You won the battle despite being a fail at battling. That speaks a lot about the opponent!
Well I have an idea on what it may come from, let's see if I can find it.
This may have come from Marty D's fix for substitutes actually displaying 'but it failed' when damage returns null. It doesnt make too much sense, but i noticed things like this right after it was implemented, not before.

when you hit a stalker poke by a sleep move, and he uses rest while sleeping, the simulator counts it as if sleep clause activated and you cant sleep another poke with the sleep move

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Whenever I try and play with Body Slam or Double-Edge/Reflect/Rest/Haze Dragonite on showdown it will not let me use it and say that haze is incompatible with a move. This is incorrect as this set is perfectly possible.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Whenever I try and play with Body Slam or Double-Edge/Reflect/Rest/Haze Dragonite on showdown it will not let me use it and say that haze is incompatible with a move. This is incorrect as this set is perfectly possible.
I believe it's the same with Double-Edge + some other moves on Snorlax on PS. Not tested though.

edit: As long as Double-Edge and Lovely Kiss is on the same moveset, it'll say that every non-Double-Edge move is incompatible with another move.

edit2:
[21:52:05] Mr.378 Omega: Yeah. Event/Egg Move + Gen 1 TM
[21:52:15] Mr.378 Omega: Seems to be the pattern

Joim

Last edited:
To be specific on how to fix it, Joim, Event and Egg moves should still work with Gen 1 TMs unless they are any of the following:
Sketch
Triple Kick
Thief
Spider Web
Mind Reader
Nightmare
Flame Wheel
Snore
Curse
Flail
Conversion 2
Aeroblast
Cotton Spore
Reversal
Spite
Powder Snow
Protect
Mach Punch
Scary Face
Feint Attack
Sweet Kiss
Belly Drum
Sludge Bomb
Mud-Slap
Octazooka
Spikes
Zap Cannon
Foresight
Destiny Bond
Perish Song
Icy Wind
Detect
Bone Rush
Lock-On
Outrage
Sandstorm
Giga Drain
Endure
Charm
Rollout
False Swipe
Swagger
Milk Drink
Spark
Fury Cutter
Steel Wing
Mean Look
Attract
Sleep Talk
Heal Bell
Return
Present
Frustration
Safeguard
Pain Split
Sacred Fire
Magnitude
Dynamic Punch
Megahorn
Dragon Breath
Baton Pass
Encore
Pursuit
Rapid Spin
Sweet Scent
Iron Tail
Metal Claw
Vital Throw
Morning Sun
Synthesis
Moonlight
Hidden Power
Cross Chop
Twister
Rain Dance
Sunny Day
Crunch
Mirror Coat
Psych Up
Extreme Speed
Ancient Power
Shadow Ball
Future Sight
Rock Smash
Whirlpool
Beat Up

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Poison doesn't seem to be applied properly in a lot of GSC logs I've seen lately. A poisoned Pokemon that is switched in should immediately take Poison damage upon doing so (exceptions: brought in with Roar, or brought in after a KO, as those require phases of the turn to have passed where the Poison check is no longer queued), but instead I've seen a lot of Poisoned Pokemon switching in and solely taking Spikes damage. Is this just a replay issue? Or perhaps main server not being as up-to-date as, say, SmogTours?

Maybe this isnt a bug, but should this message ever pop up?

- Charizard can't learn Earthquake because it's incompatible with another move. - Charizard can't learn Fire Blast because it's incompatible with another move.

or this one?

- Slowbro can't learn Surf because it's incompatible with another move.

Both of the mons are sporting belly drum and I wasnt 100% sure about Slowbro, but I am certain Charizard's set is gen 2 legit (eq, drum, rslide, fblast).

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Same thing with faulty moveset issues happened with Toxic Cloyster on my end. I presume buggy implementation of a Rapid Spin exception was the culprit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)