Gen 3 Gen 3 on PS, final fixes

Okay, I might be wrong but I have an idea why that's happening. Skarmory gets Drill Peck as an egg move from the Spearow/Doduo lines. To get a Skarmory with Drill Peck + Whirlwind, Doduo or Spearow need to learn Whirlwind. Spearow does not get Whirlwind in RSE, but gets it as an egg move in DPP. Doduo does not at any point get Whirlwind after the Gameboy games. So I think what's going on is that the validator checks the egg moves for Spearow, sees that it gets Whirlwind as an egg move without checking to see if its from the proper generation, and then responds that Skarmory can get Drill Peck + Whirlwind from Spearow even though that isn't possible until DPP.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Pursuit attempting to hit a Pokemon after it fainted will finally be fixed next update (this was also a bug in Gen 2)!
Is this a legit hard thing to fix?
It's not necessarily hard to fix by itself, but after looking at how Doom Desire/Future Sight is currently implemented across all gens, it's totally wrong. They need to be completely rewritten; right now they're implemented like Lock-On (the user can only use it once during effect, but a target can be affected by different users), when they should be implemented more like Leech Seed (the user can use it multiple times during effect, but a position can only be affected once). This doesn't matter at all in Singles since there's only one possible target, but I think it needs addressing first anyway.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Joim and Marty since SPL's coming up, would it be possible to iron out the last two glitches in Doom Desire and Beat Up?
Wow, way to ignore me. I just made a bunch of fixes, too:

- Doom Desire/Future Sight now calculate accuracy when hit, not when the move is used
- Doom Desire/Future Sight are now limit 1 per defender slot, not 1 per attacker slot
- Doom Desire/Future Sight in gen 4 and earlier now have their damage calculated on use, rather than on hit
- Doom Desire/Future Sight in gen 4 and earlier now deal typeless damage, and are not subject to STAB, weakness, resistance, or immunity
- Doom Desire/Future Sight in gen 4 and earlier now can't critical hit
- Doom Desire is now Physical in gen 3

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
[05:30:34 pm] <&dekzeh> pressure isnt working in rse
[05:31:39 pm] <&dekzeh> heres
[05:31:40 pm] <&dekzeh> replay proof
[05:31:41 pm] <&dekzeh> http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-121067
[05:32:15 pm] <&dekzeh> theres no 'zapados is exercing its pressure' and celebi is using single pp vs it
Pressure didn't have an activation message in Gen 3, which is only really relevant for Aerodactyl because everything else that gets Pressure can only have Pressure. Rest assured it exists and is working; if you're wondering why the hover info for PP is wrong, it's because the client has no idea what has Pressure (because it doesn't visibly activate).

I considered "fixing" this like a year ago by assuming everything with Pressure other than Aerodactyl always has it, but that would break custom Gen 3 games with those Pokemon. The alternative was to check when more than 1 PP was lost and labeling the opponent with Pressure, but I never got it to work properly and eventually gave up. The client would probably also have gotten very confused in Gen 3 Doubles which we don't even support yet.

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
Today I was speaking with some friends about breeding in Advance and all of that. Both told me that they got via breeding a Silver Wind and Swords Dance Shedinja and in Showdown it's says it's illegal because it's a breeding move + event move. But you can actually get it.

The thing is, if you don't evolve the Nincada until the level that learns Swords Dance Ninjask(25), it'll evolve and learn the move from Ninjask, and then Shedinja will appear having the exact same moveset. So you can try to teach him some moves from Ninjask. Like SD, Baton Pass, Slash, or even Agility lol. Then, of course, if you need any move learned by Shedinja, you can go to the Move Reminder. But the problem is you cannot get one of move from Ninjask at the same time, for example SD + BP.

The prove(It's spanish tho but, Danza Espada = Swords Dance, Viento Plata = Silver Wind):

To sum up, Shedinja can learn 1 move from Ninjask when it evolves. Also it's applicable in later gens.

EDIT: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w.../Generation_III_learnset#By_a_prior_evolution

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
so I was playing Battle Factory and this happened:

basically, my opponent's Gyarados died to Poison damage. The Slaking he sent after had the Truant effect on the first turn he sent it in (he couldn't move.) BKC and I tested to see if it worked that way on PS! (replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-138167 ) and it didn't. I'm not sure how this works in later gens but this is certainly interesting...!

Deleted User 108547

Banned deucer.
But in this scenario what should happen? I mean first turn truant effect is a consequence of death due to poison or it will be also activated if there isn't poison? I cannot see the point with poison.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS

basically, my opponent's Gyarados died to Poison damage. The Slaking he sent after had the Truant effect on the first turn he sent it in (he couldn't move.) BKC and I tested to see if it worked that way on PS! (replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-138167 ) and it didn't. I'm not sure how this works in later gens but this is certainly interesting...!
We'll do more research on this and fix it once we know what the mechanics actually are. Any input would be appreciated here.

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
I think that is because of the turn ended when the Slaking was sent out and activates truant.

It's similar like in Double battles you can defeat 2 pokemon in one side or leftovers happening when you just switched out(This is already implemented).

Opp1: A | B (C on the back)

Opp2: D | E

D attacks B, B faints. C is sent out.
In the same turn, E attacks C because he targeted B and C it isn't able to attack.

So in that scenario on the video:

Nidoqueen beats Gyarados by poison, the turn didnt ended yet, Slaking is sent out, and if for some reason Nidoqueen had Leftovers, they will be activated after Slaking was sent out. The game thinks it wasn't a "free switch" and activates truant in that turn.

We might test this out a bit more but I think it's that.

If slaking is sent at the end of the turn, it counts truant for that turn. So you can attack, ( but the turn is finished so you cannot) the next turn, truant will apply and u will skip the attack.

i remember something similar on NB, need to verify

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I don't know if this was posted anywhere, but it might be worth to take a look at:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-183888

My Tyranitar shoulda gotten the Leftovers recovery at the end of said turn. It was pretty weird cause every other turn worked perfectly but that one.
Do you know what "said" means? It means you said something. You didn't actually say which turn it was, so you can't say "said turn".

Are you talking about turn 62? Marty?

Marty

Always more to find
Research Leader
I don't know if this was posted anywhere, but it might be worth to take a look at:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-183888

My Tyranitar shoulda gotten the Leftovers recovery at the end of said turn. It was pretty weird cause every other turn worked perfectly but that one.
A few things:

1. This isn't a bug; once end-of-turn effects start they don't stop and wait for fainted Pokemon to be replaced.

2. Even if it were a bug that's an interesting way to talk to the lead programmer and owner of the simulator you're using, especially after you immediately blamed him for said "bug".

Despite what you may think, no one actually has time to look through replays over 20 turns to find whatever you were talking about. You claim that's the only turn anything happened but there are almost a dozen turns where both you and your opponent said things. Am I supposed to open replays and search for "fucking zarel" to find bugs now? I've seen that line in several replays from several people at this point so that might be a good strategy.

Edit: Added a video.

Last edited:

Tamahome

startling sign
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Fyi I was just joking. I know I should have mentioned the turn, but it was rly late when I posted the replay. Sorry if that hurt anyone, and thanks for clarifying the mechanics!

Hey, specifically a problem with the teambuilder's minmaxing here.

It was recently implemented that any pokemon without a physical attack would have its attack IVs automatically set to the lowest setting, but this causes conflicts with oldgens (specifically 3-5 and maybe 2) as hidden power's base power is dependent on the IV total. The magneton in the picture would have a weaker hidden power than if it just had 30 attack IVs.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS

It was recently implemented that any pokemon without a physical attack would have its attack IVs automatically set to the lowest setting, but this causes conflicts with oldgens (specifically 3-5 and maybe 2) as hidden power's base power is dependent on the IV total. The magneton in the picture would have a weaker hidden power than if it just had 30 attack IVs.
What choolio said. There's a reason it says 2 Atk IVs and not 0 (if it were 0, it actually would be a weaker Hidden Power than otherwise).

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender

Unrelated but don't use HP Fire and TWave on the same maggie set, you just shit the bed vs swamper and flygon and the like.

Marty

Always more to find
Research Leader
[video]

So I've done some digging; this is actually because in Gen 3, every Pokemon has a Truant bit (0 or 1, where 0 means "no loafing" and 1 means "loafing") whether or not they actually have Truant. When a Pokemon switches in, its Truant bit is set to 1. This bit is checked right before a Pokemon uses a move if it has Truant, as you might expect from later gens. Unlike other gens though, the bit is only flipped during end-of-turn effects, which is all well and good if something gets KOed normally and you bring in a replacement, because end-of-turn still happens after. But if you faint to some end-of-turn effect (burn, poison, Curse, etc), the Pokemon you bring in won't have its bit flipped to 0 in preparation for the initial "no loafing" turn, because end-of-turn is already over.

This also means if you Skill Swap Truant onto another Pokemon before it moves that turn and its Truant bit is already 1, it will loaf around right away. Anyway, fixed next update!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)