1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 5 Article Claims/Suggestions

Discussion in 'Articles and Letters' started by Nexus, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Tobes

Tobes "The absolute strongest reindeer"
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I'd like to make a compedium of damage calculations. This would make a very useful tool during battles as you could just pull up the article, find whatever pokemon you're looking for and find the appropriate evs, nature, and attack vs whatever pokemon. (All in alphabetical order of course.) All much faster and more convenient than filling out the fields in the damage calculator. I understand that this would take quite a bit of effort and time, and it should probably wait until we have statistics for an actually quantifiable OU tier, and, more importantly, a completed analysis selection, which would prevent the article from becoming cluttered up by unused ev spreads.
  2. macle

macle frog jesus died for your sins
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

sure

sure
  3. Blue_Star

Blue_Star
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

I've finished mine article, but I need rating
  4. ginganinja

ginganinja Member of the Gamefreak ORAS Balancing Team
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'd be willing to give an article on Gravity a go seeing as I have a fair bit of time and may as well help out. If anyone wants to help with this that would be great too
  5. macle

is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

6. (makeup)

(makeup) kevin
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Can I do a Little Cup stall article? With Evolution Stone, it's actually effective ^_^
  7. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Would be willing to do/help with the LC threat list (as well as any LC article if anyone wants or needs help!)
  8. macle

Little Cup Co-Leader

sure
  9. kc4444

kc4444

I think that a guide should be made for analysing a team preview. I have garnered a lot of information about a team by the order of the team from the preview.

I would do it, but I'm currently busy with school.
  10. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

I'd like to write the Fifth Gen Changes article if I'm allowed to
  11. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Need help, Nexus?
  12. (makeup)

(makeup) kevin
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Alright, cool! I've never written an article before so I'm probably going to make mistakes, sorry. I have some other C&C work to do first, but in the meantime, I'll look at other articles to see what is expected...thanks.
    P.S. if any experienced Little Cup players want to help that would be cool.
  13. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

If possible, could I do an article of Competitive Items in 5th generation?
  14. Zephyr

Zephyr Life Stream
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'm gonna go ahead and get the needed Little Cup speed tiers Article going soon.
  15. SkyNet

SkyNet MediEvil!

Going to be teaming up with Zeph to write the LC speed tier article, if thats ok?
  16. macle

Little Cup Co-Leader

sure

ok

thats fine
  17. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

As in all items deemed competitive, correct?

Just trying to make sure.
  18. macle

Little Cup Co-Leader

19. shrang

shrang Go to your room
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Someone else can take over my Ubers Offense Guide, I just don't have the time and maybe motivation to do it right now. If I find time, I might still give suggestions, but I don't want to write it up any more.
  20. zdrup15

zdrup15
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Posting here to show my interest in taking over the Sun article. The OP hasn't been on for weeks and never replied to my PM so I'm awaiting macle's permission to post the placeholder.

EDIT: Placeholder is here
  21. Universal Berry

Universal Berry

I would maybe want to write an Introduction to NFE battling, which looks a little bit like Middle Cup, except that it is a lot more balanced and not over-centralized.

To make it brief its a quite unexplored tier with many, many possibilities.

And I would like to write an article about it. Is it possible?
  22. macle

Little Cup Co-Leader

23. Benlisted

Benlisted

Just a placeholder to say know Zdrup's agreed to let me co-write the OU Sun article with him.
  24. Relinq

Relinq

I'd like to see an article on updated moves. I've recently read that Thunder no longer has a 30% change to break through Protect/Detect. so I'm curious what else may have changed.

My apologies if there is a thread like this, I'm new here.
  25. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Using Thunder as a specific example, it's been that way since Platinum.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)