Gen 5 Article Claims/Suggestions

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Macle, I'm going to help Shrang do the uber offenses guide. I will probably be the main author but he will still be helping me out.

EDIT: I have asked shrang and he has said that I can get OP. Also C_M gave me OP after I asked him on IRC.

I'd like to propose that, following Aldaron's proposal, the Rain article should be split into a Drizzle article and a Rain Dance article. Whilst Rain Dance is certainly challenged by the threat of Drought Ninetales and Sandstorm in general, it's gained some much better set up pokémon in Accelgor, Thundurus and Tornadus, and Swift Swim Poliwrath lets you muscle through Ferrothorn, Belly Drum or not. Double Dance Kingdra can be hard for Sandstorm and Drought teams to deal with, as if Kingdra gets a DD up, Tyranitar and Hippowdon get nailed by Waterfall whilst Ninetales gets KO'd by Outrage. Not to mention ridiculous attackers like Shell Smash Omastar that can keep up the momentum once Rain fades thanks to Shell Smash's speed boost, although it fares less well against Sun teams. Gorebyss and Huntail also become more viable as Shell Smash passers, plus you don't have to have Politoed wasting space to get your Rain up.

Rain Dance teams play considerably differently to most Drizzle teams and are still viable, so I think they deserve a seperate analysis.

Pretty unsure where to actually post this - the sun article is ready for QC checks (I think). They may have their work cut out though, it's a bit of an epic...

EDIT: Upon further research am unsure if articles actually need QC, if not then I would still much appreciate some feedback on the issues at the top of the sun article's OP.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was thinking of writing a guide to contact moves and the abilities/items that affect them, and I could start as early as tonight/tomorrow. It wouldn't be very long except for listing all the contact moves in the game. Is this a good idea or not?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I'd like to take over the 5th Gen Speed Tiers List if that's okay. It's massively outdated, untranslated, missing key Pokemon like Rotom-A & Dragonite, and as much as I hate to be "that guy," (unless I'm just not seeing it in this thread) Shrang never even claimed it. Only asking because I seem to be the only person that cares to finish it seeing as it hasn't been updated since January and has almost no activity.

I actually have an up-to-date & translated version of that speed tiers list due to my own fretting over wasted Speed EVs. I can have it up the moment I get the OK.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Posting to say I will discuss with Windsong whether or not we will be doing the OU Speed Tiers and let the OP know whether we will do it or unreserve it (totally forgot, very sorry)

The other two playstyles are already there (Stall and offense) so I think an ubers balanced team guide is in order. I would like to write it if someone is down to co-author it with me.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The other two playstyles are already there (Stall and offense) so I think an ubers balanced team guide is in order. I would like to write it if someone is down to co-author it with me.
Hi, this article isn't really needed since the Ubers Offense article covers it in a way, and Ubers staff doesn't feel it is needed. Thank you.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not sure where I am supposed to say this, but.

In this article Cloyster's Base Speed is incorrectly labelled: http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/uberspeed_tiers

Isn't Cloyster's Base Speed: 70 and not 75? I found this same mistake in another Speed Tiering article. I triple checked with other sites and yeah. Just a little nitpick.
I took care of it, thanks for bring it up. Normally these types of posts would go in this thread http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30691

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)