Gen 5 RMT

Hey everybody, this is my first RMT but I've been lurking on this site for a decent amount of time now. This team is a decent team that I've been working on recently but I just can't seem to find where to go with it and I would appreciate any help you guys could give. So without further ado...my first RMT.

So for my lead I decided that i wanted someone who could stop stealth rock leads and just annoy the enemy team right off the start. I also hadn't tried very many dream world abilities so Sableye seemed like the natural choice.

Sableye@leftovers
Ev's: 244hp 128def 128sp.def 8spe
Careful Nature (+Sp.Def -Sp.Attk)
Taunt
Will-O-Wisp
Recover
Knock Off

The Ev's are just there to provide "decent" bulk (it's a sableye what can you expect) and the 8 speed Ev's are to outspeed other sableye w/taunt
Sableye can handle a decent amount of leads such as hippo or ttar with taunt and will-o-wisp respectively. And if I predict a switch i can knock-off to cripple whatever comes in. I used careful nature because i can already cripple physical attackers with will-o-wisp.

Next I wanted to use another pokemon that I have never really used that much and I don't really like it so suggestions welcome.

Slaking@Choice Band
Ev's 252 Attk 252 Spe 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+attk -Sp.Attk)
Return
Hammer Arm
Night Slash
Ice Punch

This moveset provides decent coverage and I don't really know if I should change it up. Night Slash really helps me against reuniclus which my only other check is my own (calm mind war.....) Other than that this thing hits like a truck but I really can't stand that Slaking is carelessly slaking off nonsense so suggestions are welcome.

Next I wanted a bulky set up sweeper so I decided on one that had given me trouble with other teams I have used so enter....reuniclus

Reuniclus@leftovers
Ev's 252 Hp 252 Def 4 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def -Attk)
Calm Mind
Psychic(Shadow Ball?)
Focus Blast
Recover

This is just a standard reuniclus that i've seen on PO but it's been very useful to me. A lot of teams aren't able to handle it too well especially after it has set up. The only thing that really takes it out is CB Scizor's U-turn or other things obviously but it's the first that comes to mind. This is also pretty much the only answer I have to Blaziken which is why I'm hesitant to use shadow ball and lose the super effective damage but then I am left Reuniclus weak so suggestions would be nice.

At this point I realized I needed a defensive core so enter jellicent and Ferrothorn.

Jellicent@leftovers
Ev's 248 Sp.Def 252 HP 8 Spe
Calm Nature (+Sp.Def -Attk)
Evil Eye
Surf
Toxic
Recover

This thing is good and I mean good with it's good typing, bulk and access to immediate recovery it can "tank" a lot of hits and hit back with toxic and then 150base power evil eye (including stab) or a powerful surf. The Ev's are fairly simple, just max HP and Sp.Def but with 8 speed ev's to outspeed other Jellicents. This Thing has worked wonders for me and is very helpful for my team.

Ferrothorn@leftovers
Ev's 252 HP 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def -Sp. Attk)
Gyro Ball
Power Whip
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn provides entry hazards and leech seed support. Nothing much here just a ferrothorn. It's physically defensive to compliment jellicent very nicely and the two have very nice synergy together resisting the hits the other can't take. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are for STAB and I use power whip because if I am up against something that is really slow then gyro ball will be very weak so the 120(?) Base Power of Power Whip is very nice.

So for the 6th member of my team I realized i needed a revenge killer so I went with the cooliest thing evar.....GENESECT!!! :D

Genesect@Choice Scarf
Ev's 252 Sp.Attk 252 Spe 4 HP
Timid Nature(+Spe -Attk)
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Bug Buzz

I love this thing it's very helpful in all of my battles especially if I can snag a Sp.Attk boost. He has excellent coverage with the infamous Bolt Beam combo. Bug Buzz is there for STAB and it hits Reuniclus for SE Damage. He helps me revenge a lot of threats but I'm thinking about changing flamethrower to HP Ground for Heatrans as I've been having trouble dealing with them seeing as he's immune to will o wisp and toxic. However, if I get rid of flamethrower than I am weak to Ferrothorn.

I really like this team but whenever I see a blaziken I pretty much say gg and reuniclus also poses big problems so any advice would be appreciated. Other threats that I have noticed while testing today are techniloom and Conkeldurr (if using shadow ball on Reuniclus)

you should kick slacking for something more reliable, idkyou can get the same coverage with scizor or something along those lines, scizor seems like it would work well with your team covering a dark weakness and such. try a simple scizor technitian set and see how it works out

I'd switch Slaking for a scarfed Garchomp, the new metagame seems to be based on speed and only attacking every 2nd turn hurts this team too much.

I'd switch Slaking for a scarfed Garchomp, the new metagame seems to be based on speed and only attacking every 2nd turn hurts this team too much.
Thanks for the input I'll definitely try that but what do you think of Azumarill or maybe that piranha like pokemon with naturality? I think their aqua jets would definitely help with my Blaziken problem. And Ryuuk I would try scizor but that would leave me with 3 4x fire weaknesses and since I already have a Blaziken weakness I don't think it would be wise but thanks anyways.:toast:

UPDATE

Hey Guys updating what I've tested so far

Tried Azumarill but was too predictable so decided to try Gyarados based a recommendation from someone on PO. Trying to decide between smgon's bulky dd set or the offensive dd set.

Replaced Genosect with the volcarona that was suggested. It's helping me check blaziken but I don't really like the coverage provided by bug buzz fire blast hp water/ground(trying to decide...flippin' balloon) and u-turn for scouting. Suggestions?

Since I now have more reliable Blaziken checks I can use shadow ball on Reuniclus :D.

Also changed Sableye's Ev's to prevent Genesect from getting a Sp.Attk boost on it. New Ev's are 252HP 120Def 128Sp.Def 8Spe.

Final Question for now on Gyarados, Volcarona, and Burungeru should I use alternate abilities other than intimidate, flame body, and water absorb respectively?

Thanks for all of your help so far the team is improving a lot from what it was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)