1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 6 Simulator Speculation

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Orik, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orik

Orik

Just thought I'd uh, make a place for people to speculate what sorta features are possible to implement in next gen's Pokemon simulator.

3D Models? ;_;
  2. Snowflakes

Snowflakes Dango Dango Daikazoku
    is a Battle Server Moderator

new pokemon
  3. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

4. Frizy

Frizy dont change my ct fuckers
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

new abilities
  5. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

new items
  6. TheFourthChaser

TheFourthChaser #TimeForChange
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

new dumbasses in chat
    Psylink likes this.
  7. Steamroll

Steamroll Tasty
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

changes to some of the old items, moves, pokemon, and abilities
  8. V4Victini

V4Victini Free Ohmagod
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

an increased difficulty of implementation. the level of which is unknown at this point in time.
  9. Darkmalice

Darkmalice Like a facepalm, but better
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

new graphics, and pokemon animations whenever they are attacked or are being attacked
  10. Joim

Joim Navigate the pitfalls, cross the great divide!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Well, it isn't hard to capture images from a model and make sprite gifs from them, just a lot of work.
  11. Pwnemon

Pwnemon youngjake93 is a valuable midseason pickup
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

How to make 2D sprites from gen VI:

1. turn 3D off
    Psylink likes this.
  12. Verminator

Verminator

You've got to remember that when Gen V and its animated, well-detailed sprites came out, one of the things people did was meticulously convert them all into shitty 8-bit RBY-style graphics. I'm sure that the conversion to 3D is going to be an extremely temporary obstacle. The only real difference is that the graphical gap between actual game and sim is going to grow wider, and I doubt that's something that pretty much any simulator user cared about to begin with.
  13. mikel

mikel @ air baloon
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'm sorry but threads like this probably won't really get anyone anywhere and will just end in wishlisting.

Best solution would be to hop on #showdown and help out in dev work. If you've got Javascript knowledge or can help with mechanics or the like, your help would be greatly appreciated. Othewise, I'm sure the Orange Islands thread on Pokemon XY would love to have the boosted activity; PS is just very busy fixing up BW2 as it is.

Cheers guys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)