1. The moderator of this forum is OrdA.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Programming Gen 7 Damage Calculator

Discussion in 'Technical Projects' started by Austin, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Austin

Austin Not a weeb
    is a Battle Server Moderator

with the help of MagiaSN the Pokemon Showdown Damage Calculator should now be fully functional with all the gen 7 mechanics. Some additions include Z-moves, moves, terrains, and Abilities. There's probably still a lot we missed so please use this thread for bug reports/missing data/wanted features.
    FAQ:
    Where do I go if I want to contribute? Damage Calculator Open Source
    What if I don't see new features? Try clearing your cache
    What's new? Changelog
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Kris, Honko, Alfa610 and 4 others like this.
  2. Crestfall

Crestfall levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
    is a Community Contributor

Not my call to make, but I'd suggest you make a thread (asking to do so I think?) in IS where visibility will be much more. Doubtful that so many people have TM on watch, but people often bug report there.

Anyways awesome work, I know you've been handling the calc for a while now thanks!
  3. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

good idea
  4. LifeBonjwa

LifeBonjwa

Hey Austin, Belch is missing from the calc. Awesome resource by the way.
  5. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

Added
  6. Psychobuzz

Psychobuzz

I remmeber posting this earlier and nobody has picked this up. Aurora Beam is displayed as a physical move rather than a special move.
  7. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

Fixed
  8. Broheem

Broheem

Copy/paste from my other thread:

I think the calculator sorely needs a tab to show whether or not the Pokemon listed can outspeed the one whose data you've plugged in. Going off this, there should also be a filter to hide entries for a Pokemon that can outspeed AND OHKO the Pokemon you've plugged in (because why prepare for a Mon that will just outspeed and 1HKO you?)

I also think there should be a way to hide builds of Pokemon from the results, i.e. because 6 different builds of Exadrill showing up in the results is a little much.

Finally - and I'm not sure how this would be done - but I think there should be a part of the calculator that lets you directly calculate which of a Pokemon's selected movesets will net the most OHKOs.

EDIT: Oh another thing, it'd be very helpful to be able to sort two categories at once, i.e. sort by "best move" and then further sort it by "KO chance". And also a way to switch between "One vs All" and "All vs One" without having to retype the info all over again.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  9. Broheem

Broheem

Noticed that Aerilate doesn't seem to be calculating correctly on "All vs One". Mega Blaziken getting hit with Mega Salamence's Double-Edge only does 73% damage apparently...
  10. MacChaeger

MacChaeger formerly OU banned my masquerain

Would it be possible to have Random Battle sets in here, or otherwise make it easy to calc things that have 84/84/84/84/84/84 investment with a neutral nature? It gets a bit tedious to have to redo that every time I want to make a calc in randbats.
  11. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

I've had to redo this 2 times already because I lost my work :/ but it's still on my to-do
    OrdA and MacChaeger like this.
  12. Sensualplay

Sensualplay

fell stinger is missing in the calc is that a miss?
    edit: summoned Austin
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  13. Leo

Leo you are badges will get stripped
    is a Contributor to Smogon

There's an issue I've been having for one or maybe two months and I used to think it was just me but I was watching a vid from Zamrock and he mentioned having the same issue so I guess it's not just me. The thing is, whenever I calc something under Rain and then set it back to no weather, it will go back to rain everytime I switch mons and I usually have to close the calc and reopen it, it won't go even if I refresh the page
    HeaLnDeaL and FlamingVictini like this.
  14. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

Yeah did
    can someone show me a gif/video of this happening?
  15. K0chsalz

K0chsalz

[​IMG]

I hope this works, never uploaded a gif
    Leo likes this.
  16. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

Hey Honko this was a feature added by you, was this intentional for anything?
  17. Honko

Honko he of many honks
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Contributor to Smogon

iirc my intention was for selecting a Pokemon with a weather-summoning ability to only temporarily change the weather. For example, if I'm looking at calcs with rain, and I change one of the Pokemon to Abomasnow, the weather should automatically change to hail, but when I change Abomasnow back to any other Pokemon the weather should automatically switch back to rain. What's happening in that gif was definitely not intentional. I guess that feature's broken. Feel free to fix/change as necessary. I would recommend not removing the feature entirely though, otherwise you have to manually unset the weather anytime you switch from a weather summoner to a different Pokemon (which would be extremely annoying so long as Abomasnow is the default selection, but still pretty annoying even if it wasn't).
    Austin likes this.
  18. LBLOL7

LBLOL7

The Slowbro-Mega "OU defensive" set has leftovers. He should be holding a Slowbronite.
  19. HotFuzzBall

HotFuzzBall im bored now
    is a Pre-Contributor

would you consider adding Draining Kiss to the list of moves (it was useless in Gen 6 so I understand why it was missing) but since it is Comfey's main move, it definitely should be included
  20. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

Will do
    E: did
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    HotFuzzBall likes this.
  21. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

This should have been fixed a while ago, I forgot to post
  22. UnleashOurPassion

UnleashOurPassion

It's looking like Heart Stamp is missing from the moves, doesn't sound like a big deal but it's actually a common move on Jirachi in 1v1 so it'd be great if it could be added
  23. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

Done
    UnleashOurPassion likes this.
  24. david0895

david0895

A form change option could be really appreciated, since a lot of mega evolutions (especially Charizard) sets are at the end of these.
    Also, changing the final stats when you change the multiplier would be awesome
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  25. SJMistery

SJMistery

It would be too far-fetched to ask for an option to add the effects of Forest's Curse and Halloween on the enemy pokemon? I know they are situational, but, especially for Halloween that can be used as a Z-move, they might be important.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)