Gen-NEXT development thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is the right place to report bugs, but I have found some compatibility problems with some moves for flygon using Sand Rush (not sure if intended). Another problem is that Galvantula is rejected if used with Compound Eyes. (sorry for my bad english, its not my first language)

I don't know if this is the right place to report bugs, but I have found some compatibility problems with some moves for flygon using Sand Rush (not sure if intended). Another problem is that Galvantula is rejected if used with Compound Eyes. (sorry for my bad english, its not my first language)
Did some testing. Galvantula is indeed rejected if it has compound eyes. Also, Genesect is nature locked into Hasty in NEXT. While testing Flygon, I found Sand Rush + bite (naturally learned move) is fine, while Sand Rush + body slam (a move from before gen 4) is not allowed.

Make Mega launcher give a boost to Bomb, Pulse, Bolt, Beam, Wave, Blast, Sphere, etc. You get the idea. Also, make Magmotar get Mega Launcher it makes sense and it'd be fun.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I don't think there are any OU Pokémon that get Mega Launcher, so it's certainly a valid target for buffing.

Are there any ideas/thoughts on NEXT abilities for the gen 6 starters?

I can see Greninja getting pickpocket, as it fits into its role of a thief archetype. It's very thematic (although I doubt people will ditch protean for it).

Delphox can get something like magic guard. It'd definitely be more appreciated than magician, and it fits in the role of a wizard.

The problem I see is with Chesnaught. Chesnaught is a UU tier pokemon that's a good defensive pokemon. Shell armor fits thematically and mechanically well with it, but I'm worried that it might be a bit too much. Chesnaught with 1/8 damage reduction per hit combined with leftovers and its ability to subseed sounds a bit too bulky. And if it's behind a sub, even something like Fly/Bounce won't affect it too much since the crit is blocked.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Temporaryanonymous I'd say Magician needs to be buffed massively. Ideas for that?

We might want to nerf Shell Armor a bit anyway (1/8 -> 1/10); isn't it already a bit on the overpowered side?

I have an idea for Magician, although it's radically different from its current effect:

Make Magician the Ability version of an Expert Belt. "But wait," you might say, "Delphox has a terrible movepool." I was thinking that you could also give Delphox access to every Special TM, kind of as if you're giving it a spell book full of spells of elements it can't naturally control.

I don't know how it will affect Hoopa, but at least Klefki doesn't gaf.

Temporaryanonymous I'd say Magician needs to be buffed massively. Ideas for that?
Magician does need something of a buff. Some ideas:

-Acting as a psychic version of refrigerate/pixilate. I'm not too big of a fan of this idea though.

-Making STAB moves do 2x instead of 1.5x. Since old adaptability is gone, moving its old effect to Magician can work.

-Perhaps make Magician swap items once a trigger (getting hit, or hitting the opponent). This allows for item stealing as well as tricking a choiced item on the opponent, and both Klefki and Delphox can make use of this.

-Negating charge up turns (this is primarily for Delphox's solar beam)

-Making it a special variant of tough claws (although on second thought, I don't like this idea very much. I prefer the idea of it acting as a free expert belt boost, like posted above)

I think a hard part about changing Magician is considering that Hoopa also gets it (unless we want to wait until Hoopa is released before deciding more?)

We might want to nerf Shell Armor a bit anyway (1/8 -> 1/10); isn't it already a bit on the overpowered side?
Yeah. Lower the damage reduction on armor. I'm in favor of this.

Also, a few other things:
Genesect forms and compound eyes are illegal right now. I assume this is a glitch?
Confusion mechanics are a bit wonky, as a pokemon that faints from the self hitting still attacks before fainting: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gennextou-112389068
Are items like Fire Gem and Custap berry going to be added back in or no?

Wild card idea for magician:

Makes every attacking move work like u-turn/volt switch. Switching you immidiatly out after attacking.

Pull out rabbits out of your hat.

Oops, double post. (Sorry)
Are there any ideas/thoughts on NEXT abilities for the gen 6 starters?

I can see Greninja getting pickpocket, as it fits into its role of a thief archetype. It's very thematic (although I doubt people will ditch protean for it).

Delphox can get something like magic guard. It'd definitely be more appreciated than magician, and it fits in the role of a wizard.

The problem I see is with Chesnaught. Chesnaught is a UU tier pokemon that's a good defensive pokemon. Shell armor fits thematically and mechanically well with it, but I'm worried that it might be a bit too much. Chesnaught with 1/8 damage reduction per hit combined with leftovers and its ability to subseed sounds a bit too bulky. And if it's behind a sub, even something like Fly/Bounce won't affect it too much since the crit is blocked.
Wynaut give Chesnaugh Rough Skin? It's body is quite spikey, or maybe even Iron Barbs.

1/9 for shell armor?

As for Magician, it is basically a Pickpocket Ripoff, so I agree on improving it.
How about two-turn moves are one turn? (I'm not sure how many two-turn moves Delphox has anyway)
Or even raising Special Attack damage by 1.2x?

What if Magician kept its original utility, but also allows it to use the items it has to have a 20% better effect? Choice items would boost by 60% instead of 50% and Leftovers would restore hp by 7.5% each turn. Would it be too much?

Or it works with Consumable items, such that an Item will be stolen on the same turn a consumable was used like a Fire Gem or White Herb.

EDIT: Or it just removes the opponents item, making it disappear.

Last edited:
I meant having Mega Launcher boost Blast, Bomb etc. moves makes it broken, not Mega Launcher Magmortar- That is awesome.
What moves in particular?

I think making the opponent's item disappear is the best option if we're trying to keep it in line with its current effect. We already know how much of an effect this can have due to the Knock Off buff.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
My idea was for Magician to act as a Recycle on-switch-out. So sort of like Harvest except once-per-switch-out and works for non-Berry items.

My idea was for Magician to act as a Recycle on-switch-out. So sort of like Harvest except once-per-switch-out and works for non-Berry items.
I didn't really see the point of this at first, but I can definitely see this being used. Delphox can use this with power herb and solarbeam, and white herb with overheat. Furthermore, Klefki also gets a bit of use with this. It can recycle red cards to facilitate phazing and breaking momentum, and it pairs nicely with Klefki's spikes.

Also Zarel did you see the last part of my previous post?

Also, a few other things:
Genesect forms (Genesect itself is legal, but becomes illegal if it has a drive) and compound eyes are illegal right now. I assume this is a glitch?
There are some abilities still unreleased (Legendary dogs, legendary birds, gen 2 & 5 starters, Dragalge, Tyrantrum, Aurorus)
Confusion mechanics are a bit wonky, as a pokemon that faints from the self hitting still attacks before fainting: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gennextou-112389068
Are items like Fire Gem and Custap berry going to be added back in or no?
Not quite sure how to fix those.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I'll add back the gems, at 1.3x they're not exactly overpowered. Also didn't hackers discover that the gems exist still, or was that a lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)