1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Metagame Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by verbatim, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Karpi

Karpi

Before I commit to this, does Zoroark's Illusion ability work on PS? I imagine that could cause some mayhem, especially with how people respond to Shedinja's appearance in the battle
  2. Cyberspeed

Cyberspeed

Ive been trying out a Lead Slaking and I wanted your advice on it:
    Slaking @ Silk Scarf
    Trait: Pure Power
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Fake Out
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Pursuit

It's worked out quite well, but I was just wondering if it could be tweaked.
  3. Synth_Metal

Synth_Metal

LOL, i remember fighting you on streetmon (username: Cryal). The set is pretty anti-meta in comparison to the leads like Deoxys-S. You could run Life Orb instead of Silk for greater damage output for the cost of longevity. Pursuit could be replaced with U-Turn to keep momentum when the opponents starts switching into a Lugia or Giratina.
  4. Cyberspeed

Cyberspeed

I remember fighting you to!
    I use this as basically to counter stupid Deoxys-S Leads.Then I switch out and it becomes an amazing revenge killer.
    I'll try out Life Orb and I'll try out U-Turn if I see more Shadow Tag Giratina.
  5. verbatim

verbatim Red like Roses
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

For starters, you want to run Jolly and Lum Berry. With the swathe of base 100 pokemon in Balanced Hackmons you need to be able to speed tie. On the issue of items, Slaking doesn't really need boosting items to score kills. Lum Berry is the best option so that you can land a hit on Prankster Giratina. Fake Out + ExtremeSpeed or Pursuit first turn ohko's Deoxys-S so your good if you can predict. My issue with Pursuit is that it can't get past Giratina (56.34 - 66.66% assuming you get the switch boost) so it only really covers Deoxys-s that decide to flee. If you want to run Pursuit your best to lead off with Fake Out and then Pursuit. While Fake Out isn't needed to score the kill, it does scare of Deoxys-S's staying in to take the ExtremeSpeed and set up Rocks, promptly allowing you to score a kill with Pursuit. If I've scared you away from Pursuit the best bet is to replace it with Crunch (2hko's Giratina) or Rapid Spin (allows you to wall Blisseys that steal your set with your own ghost types).
  6. nygerman

nygerman

Why pure power everyone??????

It called No guard sheer cold on any pokemon
  7. Cyberspeed

Cyberspeed

Crunch actually sounds good.
    I'll try Jolly, Crunch and Lum now.
    Edit:
    @nygerman
    Wonder Guard and OHKO moves are banned in balanced hackmons.

Double Edit:
    Just experienced one of the most infuriating battles against a TrickScarf/Shadow Tag/Perish Song Team
  8. akela

akela

Been trying out a few builds in regular hackmons, but I have found 2 set-ups that might work well in BH as well.

Wobbuffet @ Red Card
    Trait: Imposter
    Bold Nature
    ~Counter
    ~Mirror Coat
    ~Destiny Bond
    ~Confuse Ray

I have found that Wobbuffet to work nice if forced to switch in on a substitute.

Obviously, the Red Card is meant to activate while Imposter is active.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    Adamant Nature
    ~Substitute
    ~Belly Drum
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Cross Chop

I know that there are more powerful pokemon to use as a build up, but not too many are expecting a Fighting type to do it. I have found that people are not sure how to counter this without rushing their strategy and making mistakes.

For regular hackmons, normal type wonder guard. Screw imposter and pure power...
  9. AfroThunderRule

AfroThunderRule *yawn* ez
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

why cant i be a mo?

:o
  10. Cyberspeed

Cyberspeed

Yes,have you played him before?
    Or are you him...
  11. bluemon

bluemon

i got the best pokemon in history.

watch and learn.

Durant@lum berry
    ability: serene grace
    nature: jolly
    252/252/252/0/252/252
    -Iron head
    -rock slide
    -sacred fire
    -u-turn/attack order/magic coat/extremespeed

this is the ultimate flinch machine. phenomenal speed. good attack, great typing (resists extremespeed), decent defense (to tank extremespeeds).

iron head flinches 60Percent
    rock slide flinches 60Percent
    sacred fire hits and burns 95Percent
    last move of your choice...

the best thing ever.
    scarf scizor can also be used, as well as genesect.
  12. Cyberspeed

Cyberspeed

I wouldn't mind building a rain team but all I have is Choice Specs Swift Swim Kyogre so far(set in the Spoiler).
    Show Hide

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Water Spout
    - Thunder
    - Hurricane
    - Spacial Rend

Any suggestions on who to be the pokemon that sets up Drizzle and other Pokemon to go on the team?
    Any tweaks to the Kyogre or think it could be replaced?
  13. bluemon

bluemon

use modest on kyogre.

use drizzle ferrothorn.
  14. M BLADE

M BLADE

Marowak @ Thick Club
    Ability: Pure power
    Nature: Adamant/ that nature with + atk - spd that i never remember the name

-Trick Room
    -Earthquake
    -Bolt Strike/Icicle Crash
    -Destiny Bond

Nuclear attacker+Trick Room set up on one set.
  15. Skyshayde

Skyshayde

Arceus @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Early Bird
    Nature: Whatever, Bold maybe
    -Tail Glow
    -Cosmic Power
    -Rest
    -Stored Power
  16. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

Why not use Palkia? It has better speed and can use STAB Special Rend or Draco Meteor.
  17. Arcticblast

Arcticblast ★KyleCole: god trick room is for fags
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

Kyogre isn't weak to Dragon. With Dragon Tail and Contrary Draco Meteor everywhere, that's important.

On that note, Hydro Pump over Water Spout. You'd be surprised how quickly Kyogre accumulates damage.

EDIT @Skyshade: Timid nature, Giga Drain over Rest, and some other ability over Early Bird. You're currently completely walled by Dark types, so having Giga Drain is useful (the only Dark types that resist Giga Drain have stats too low to use effectively). Pokemon like Dialga and Registeel still eat you though.
  18. Skyshayde

Skyshayde

Yeah, darks wall me, which is why they get smashed by my other team members.
  19. tehy

tehy

Sky, the problem here though is that if they see your arceus in action, they're not just going to let you set it up. If your teammates smash dark-types, then those dark-types might just switch out, come in later, and laugh in your face.

Also, what do you do if a blissey comes in once you have max boosts, or if someone just switches in and starts setting up on you? A plus-3 stored power still isn't really all that powerful, especially against those who resist it-and that's even if you used tail glow on the switch. If you didn't, it should be even easier.

I like the set, but maybe just change Stored power to something with no immunities and few resists. Dragon pulse comes to mind.
  20. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

1) you shouldn't be switching into Contrary Draco Meteor or Dragon Tail anyway, as Kyogre still doesn't like all the damage it'll be taking
    2) the extra damage from STAB Draco Meteor / Spacial Rend can take out things non-STAB Spacial Rend cannot

I agree with Hydro Pump over Water Spout. Extremespeed will quickly deplete your health and make Water Spout very weak.
  21. tehy

tehy

1)You might have no choice, and kyogre does have good special bulk. Rain teams often are HO, although when you can give a bulky poke drizzle, that's not necessarily true. Especially if you're carrying Hydro pump. Also, a blissey using STAB Spacial Rend on you will hit for 300 BP, a thunder on kyogre for only 240. Could be important.
    2)This is true.

Actually, i have to agree-palkia seems like a better choice almost all of the time. Heck, if you're using mostly dragon-type and water-type moves anyways, lustrous orb might have a use, as you can have power without locking yourself in or taking LO damage that could put you in KO range of an extremespeed.
  22. windwolf777

windwolf777

Glitch ?

I was using the prankster Groundon in with <3 Swap in order to gain the +3 +3 of an Espeon. I didnt get the my groundon didn't get the boosts but i beleive that his espeon lost them non-the-less. Im not sure if this was a glitch. If so could it be fixed ? I really like my prankster pass don :)
  23. Arcticblast

Arcticblast ★KyleCole: god trick room is for fags
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

Your Groudon got the boosts. The glitch is in the graphics. Basically, when you use Heart Swap, the boosts themselves are switched but the pictures are not.
  24. Fawfulmk-II

Fawfulmk-II

as long as Prankster smeargle and Taunter Wobbles is banned, I'm down.
  25. bluemon

bluemon

there is absolutely NO REASON to use smeargle in this metagame.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)