Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, let's share some sets that we've been using that are very effective. Make sure you have actually tested these sets and that they aren't outclassed by anything.

Here is one that I've been enjoying:

Ho-Oh

Trait: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz / Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Hi Jump Kick
- Roost

Not only is Ho-Oh a powerful attacker, but it can check various special threats as well thanks to its amazingly high Special Defense stat. Its 4x weakness to Stealth Rock is fixed with Magic Guard, and to abuse Magic Guard even further, Life Orb, Flare Blitz, and Brave Bird are used, turning Ho-Oh into a very powerful attacker. Hi Jump Kick rounds out the coverage. When Ho-Oh's health is low, it can just Roost off damage. Sacred Fire can be used over Flare Blitz for its 50% chance to burn, but many Pokemon in Hackmons carry Lum Berry, its noticeably weaker than Flare Blitz, and it doesn't even have a guaranteed chance of burning. The slight miss chance is annoying as well.

What sets have you guys been finding effective? Also, keep in mind that you don't have to post the EV's and IV's.

Also, I might host a Balanced Hackmons tournament on Pokemon Showdown! later today if anyone is interested.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Sorry I haven't been as active lately. With the drastic tier shift I wanted to take the time to "relearn" the metagame before I said anything else in here.

That being said, stall, hail, rain, sand, and sun are now viable with Pure Power/Huge Power's removal.

If anyone has IRC and wants to talk Balanced Hackmons/other metagames in this subsection try joining #othermetas on synIRC. If no one's there you can almost always find me or DTC in #showdown/#cap.

Hey guys, let's share some sets that we've been using that are very effective. Make sure you have actually tested these sets and that they aren't outclassed by anything.

Here is one that I've been enjoying:

Ho-Oh

Trait: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz / Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Hi Jump Kick
- Roost

Not only is Ho-Oh a powerful attacker, but it can check various special threats as well thanks to its amazingly high Special Defense stat. Its 4x weakness to Stealth Rock is fixed with Magic Guard, and to abuse Magic Guard even further, Life Orb, Flare Blitz, and Brave Bird are used, turning Ho-Oh into a very powerful attacker. Hi Jump Kick rounds out the coverage. When Ho-Oh's health is low, it can just Roost off damage. Sacred Fire can be used over Flare Blitz for its 50% chance to burn, but many Pokemon in Hackmons carry Lum Berry, its noticeably weaker than Flare Blitz, and it doesn't even have a guaranteed chance of burning. The slight miss chance is annoying as well.

What sets have you guys been finding effective? Also, keep in mind that you don't have to post the EV's and IV's.

Also, I might host a Balanced Hackmons tournament on Pokemon Showdown! later today if anyone is interested.
Another option for ho-oh is head smash, which nails lugia and shuckle.

Sets I have used recently that are effective:

Heatran @ leftovers
Magic Bounce
-Substitute
-Leech seed
-Quiver dance
-Lava plume

This set has the added bonus of beating blissey because of blisseys 5PP for lava plume.

Also:
Speed boost belly drum/ tail glow sweepers
Moody + stored power
Prankster copycat sweepers (escavalier and others)

Best set I have used to date is prankster Giratina and he has appeared on more than 90% of my teams so far. He holds teams together so well and checks a ridiculous amount of threats.

Giratina @ Lum Berry
Prankster
-Heart Swap
-Recover
-Copycat
-Dragon Pulse

You can also run spore encore taunt and magic coat and all are useful but this particular set is in my opinion the best set in balanced hackmons that I have used.

These aren't apart of the sets that work well,as I have not testd them as much as I would like.
Now for the Set Ideas:
-TrickScarf Disable and
-Scarf FinalGambitGiratina.

Also,I have not been as active as I would like, just because Schoolwork is piling up at this time of the year.

Trickscarf:
Lugia @ C.Scarf
Trait:Shadow Tag

Trick
Disable
Recover
Filler Move.Maybe Stealth Rock or an attacking move.

FinalGambit:

Giratina @ C.Scarf
Trait : Scrappy

Final Gambit
Draco Meteor
-Overheat/Some Fire Move.
-Filler

Currently testing these on my team,so I will fill you in on how these do.

I managed to recover one of my teams from a floppy disc (I know, I know, who the hell uses floppies anymore? In my crazy logic, that makes small files the safest of all. Most potential thieves have no way to extract the information!)

Barney (Delibird) @ Fire Gem
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Searing Shot
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Present
- Acrobatics

Comment: Delibird has resulted in the most KO's of all these guys. I'll let that settle in. I guess people just do not expect Fire Delibird. Present is just there for giggles.

Halla (Arceus) @ Zap Plate
Trait: Multitype
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Fiery Dance
- Flame Charge
- Close Combat

Comment: Was Solar Power Arceus-Fire w/Choice Scarf until the update making it impossible to have different forms of Arceus without Multitype and the appropriate plate. Fiery Dance boosts SPA, making Judgment more of a threat. Flame Charge is for the speed boost, duh. Zap Plate is mostly to counter Ho-Oh/Lugia. The only ground you need to worry about is Groudon.

Mufasa (Entei) @ Leftovers
Trait: Scrappy
Hasty Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Surf
- Searing Shot
- Toxic

Comment: Used to be Chlorophyl, but it didn't really work out. Plan on replacing Searing Shot, just not sure with what. Anyways, STAB Searing Shot in intense sunlight. Toxic is just the go-to status effect. Surf for Groudon, Arceus-Fire, Reshiram, and Ho-Oh. Scrappy ExtremeSpeed to have fun with Giratina. If you find a way to boost Entei's ATK, I imagine endless cursing.

Squishy (Genesect) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
Naive Nature
- X-Scissor
- Aeroblast
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Comment: Flash Fire angers all. Inspired by Flash Fire Ferrothorn. X-Scissor for the Dark mons you encounter and for the STAB. Aeroblast for... for... I cannot remember why it has Aeroblast. I guess for the mindscrews. Don't need to explain the last 2.

Zorro (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flower Gift
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Return

Comment: Surf so that I have a regular powered Water move in the event of something weak to Water. Secret Sword because I like Secret Sword. Return for a guaranteed 100+ BP move. HP Fire for sun boost. Flower Gift because it boosts Surf and HP Fire (not sure about Secret Sword).

Zilla (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
Adamant Nature
- Nature Power
- Softboiled
- Substitute
- Spore

Comment: Just the basic Prankster Groudon. I know, I know, why Softboiled instead of Roost, Recover, Heal Order, Synthesis, Moonlight, Milk Drink, Slack Off, Wish, or Morning Sun? My answer? Roost, Recover, Heal Order, Slack Off, Milk Drink, and Softboiled are all the same move, more or less. Synthesis, Moonlight, and Morning Sun are all the same move. Wish is Wish. If I have to choose, I'll choose one that heals the same amount regardless of weather conditions and are not delayed.

I managed to recover one of my teams from a floppy disc (I know, I know, who the hell uses floppies anymore? In my crazy logic, that makes small files the safest of all. Most potential thieves have no way to extract the information!)

Barney (Delibird) @ Fire Gem
Trait: Drought
Modest Nature
- Searing Shot
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Present
- Acrobatics

Comment: Delibird has resulted in the most KO's of all these guys. I'll let that settle in. I guess people just do not expect Fire Delibird. Present is just there for giggles.

Halla (Arceus) @ Zap Plate
Trait: Multitype
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Fiery Dance
- Flame Charge
- Close Combat

Comment: Was Solar Power Arceus-Fire w/Choice Scarf until the update making it impossible to have different forms of Arceus without Multitype and the appropriate plate. Fiery Dance boosts SPA, making Judgment more of a threat. Flame Charge is for the speed boost, duh. Zap Plate is mostly to counter Ho-Oh/Lugia. The only ground you need to worry about is Groudon.

Mufasa (Entei) @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Surf
- Searing Shot
- Toxic

Comment: Used to be Chlorophyl, but it didn't really work out. Plan on replacing Searing Shot, just not sure with what. Anyways, STAB Searing Shot in intense sunlight. Toxic is just the go-to status effect. Surf for Groudon, Arceus-Fire, Reshiram, and Ho-Oh. Scrappy ExtremeSpeed to have fun with Giratina. If you find a way to boost Entei's ATK, I imagine endless cursing.

Squishy (Genesect) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
Naive Nature
- X-Scissor
- Aeroblast
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Comment: Flash Fire angers all. Inspired by Flash Fire Ferrothorn. X-Scissor for the Dark mons you encounter and for the STAB. Aeroblast for... for... I cannot remember why it has Aeroblast. I guess for the mindscrews. Don't need to explain the last 2.

Zorro (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flower Gift
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Return

Comment: Surf so that I have a regular powered Water move in the event of something weak to Water. Secret Sword because I like Secret Sword. Return for a guaranteed 100+ BP move. HP Fire for sun boost. Flower Gift because it boosts Surf and HP Fire (not sure about Secret Sword).

Zilla (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Nature Power
- Softboiled
- Substitute
- Spore

Comment: Just the basic Prankster Groudon. I know, I know, why Softboiled instead of Roost, Recover, Heal Order, Synthesis, Moonlight, Milk Drink, Slack Off, Wish, or Morning Sun? My answer? Roost, Recover, Heal Order, Slack Off, Milk Drink, and Softboiled are all the same move, more or less. Synthesis, Moonlight, and Morning Sun are all the same move. Wish is Wish. If I have to choose, I'll choose one that heals the same amount regardless of weather conditions and are not delayed.
Arcticuno>Delibird

Same type, and articuno has better stats

Yes, even me love this: the current metagame balanced is simple:

Giratina + Slaking + Deoxys S + 3 ubers random or two ubers and Shedinja.

Is simple too boring, to avoid eliminating the variety, is possible should create different tiers?

I'd like to test an LC metagame hacked, to see what comes out.

hmmm... I think I could make an LC BH on my server, I'll have to take a look...

I have a request: is possible make the inferior tier in the Hackmon balanced metagame?

Because is simply boring fight against the only 10-20 Pokémons.

So basically, make this tier:

- BH Under Used
- BH Nerver Used
- BH Little Cup
Ubers would consist of 8 mons.
Under Used would consist of 6 mons.
Never Used would consist of the remaining 635 mons.

I think the problem with your suggestion is that not enough people play BH to make tiers. With the number of people who play now, we'd need about a year worth of battles to do that.

Arcticuno>Delibird

Same type, and articuno has better stats
But then calling Delibird Barney wouldn't make sense. Nor would my opening lines of "He loves you, he loves me, please put him out of his misery."

But is possible make different tier for the BH fights? I am appassionate of this competion, i hope to fight this metagame even in tier below the standard tier.

LC Hackmons would be awesome for example, IMHO.
LC Hackmons/Balanced Hackmons would be far easier to implement than Over Used, Under Used, Rarely Used, and Never Used tiers. LC does not require frequency of use, just whether or not it is the first evolution of a pokemon line. OU, UU, RR, and NU require frequency of use. As such, there are about 8 Uber Pokemon, 6 Over Used Pokemon, and 635 other pokemon that haven't seen the light of day. How would you divide it up in that situation? The ground work of BH and Hackmons are different than regular pokemon. Abilities and possible movesets are out the window. The only thing that truly matters is typing and stats. Because of that, using the same tiering system of regular pokemon (which is dependent on moves legally learned, abilities, stats, typing, and frequency of use) is inappropriate.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I don't want to hurt anyones feelings, but alternate tiers of balanced hackmons will NOT be held on the main server (you're always welcome to play on skyshaydes). We simply do not have enough of a player base and splitting the tier up like that will magnify the difficulty of finding a match.

Furthermore there is the fundamental issue of deciding who fits in what tier. We can't use OU usage (Slaking in NU WEE!) and we don't have nearly enough standard players (as is) to develop accurate usage stats.

Hi I just had to delete a bunch of posts, please drop the discussion of various tiers of hackmons because this is not the thread to discuss them in.

So this tier has intrigued me from the begining enough to try out all the wacky theorymoning I been doing and here is something I tested with limited sucess.

Suicide Anti-Lead

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature @ 252 Everything
Scrappy
Final Gambit
Transform
Magic Coat
Protect

Most people now expect imposter blissey when they see him but Scrappy Blissey is a force to be reconned with. Scrappy ensures Final Gambit hits everything for a ohko at full health barring Sturdy/Focus Sash. Magic Coat protects against status after which you can transform into the opposing pokemon. Protect is there to scout and gain lefty's recovery.

Suprise Blissey
Blissey @ Spooky Plate
Jolly Nature @ 252 Everything
Multitype
Heart Swap
Psystrike
Shadowball
Softboiled/Magic Coat

Expecting to be hit by extremespeed slaking? Punched into obilivion by Close Combat? Drained of your energy via Drain Punch? This set counters Blisseys weakness to normal/fighting and gives him a weakness to only ghost type moves. Most players wont use ghost moves on blissey as he is a normal type and this is where the suprise factor comes in. Heart Swap is for those damn contrary users but beware of those with choice scarf. Psystrike is to hit fighting types super effective, Shadowball gains STAB along with any boosts you get from heart swap for a powerfull attacking option with Softboiled to keep your HP high. Can Sub Softboiled for Magic Coat in case status wrecks your plans. Can tweak the moves/ nature and evs around to best suit your needs but the base of this Blissey is Multitype with Spooky Plate.

Hope to hear feedback on what you guys think and suggestions

I have finally build an Hackmon Balanced team for the Little Cup tier:

Staryu @ Focus Sash
Trait: Drizzle
- Water Spout
- Spore
- Draco Meteor
- Aura Sphere

Wailmer @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Surf

Totodile @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Freeze Shock
- Bolt Strike
- Swords Dance

Dratini @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Baton Pass

Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Trait: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Leaf Storm
- Ice Burn
- Thunder

Happiny @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Baton Pass

The strategy is simple: Swift Swim + Drizzle, Dratini is a protection against Spore and Entry Hazard, Happiny is the wall of this team able to Baton Pass at other Pokémon the good power up from Shell Smash.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, I know this might be a silly post but why don't people use Toxic Spikes more? I know Spore and stuff but I just feel most teams prepare too well for Spore spamming while you only need to use Toxic Spikes once, with Toxic Spikes most Pokemon in the tier will be poisoned and quickly hampered. Idk, just a thought >_<

Hi guys,
current team has been working amazingly.

Giratina @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Trick

Lugia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Disable
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Registeel @ Lum Berry
Trait: Shadow Tag
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Magic Coat
- Recover

Groudon @ Lum Berry
Impish Nature
- Nature Power
- Heart Swap
- Spore
- Taunt

Dialga @ Focus Sash
Trait: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Spacial Rend
- Blue Flare
- Aura Sphere

Giratina @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Trick

Help wanted.

1 is Anti-Lead,
1 is Revenge.
However,the Revenge was just a spot filler as I was Missing one Poke.
If I think of a cool idea,
Revenge Gira is out.

This is a team I made yesterday and is doing pretty damn good. It's an assist sky attack team and it breaks through pretty much any wall really easily. Giratina gets 2hkoed by the pranksters and 3hkoed by the serene gracers. Sheddy dies to destiny bond or rocky helmet. This team imo is one of the most overpowered teams I have made yet. Because nothing really can stop 140bp STAB choice band sky attacks coming from 150 base attack with 30% flinch on top.

Archeops @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Assist
- Dragon Tail
- Copycat
- Destiny Bond

Rayquaza @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Dragon Tail
- Destiny Bond
- Trick

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Dragon Tail
- Destiny Bond
- Trick

Blissey @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Imposter
Timid Nature
- Sky Attack
- Sky Attack
- Sky Attack
- Sky Attack

Archeops @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Dragon Tail
- Destiny Bond
- Trick

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Assist
- Dragon Tail
- Trick
- Destiny Bond

One problem I see with your team is that it get's owned by Shedinja, since it can come in all of them once you start attacking

One problem I see with your team is that it get's owned by Shedinja, since it can come in all of them once you start attacking
The shedinja can't really do anything because if it attacks it dies to blisseys rocky helmet when I switch it in.

Can someone point me in the direction of Balanced Hackmon's rule list? I haven't played for a couple of months and now I'm being told huge power regi is banned.

Can someone point me in the direction of Balanced Hackmon's rule list? I haven't played for a couple of months and now I'm being told huge power regi is banned.
The OP lists everything that is banned: Wonder Guard, OHKO moves, and Pure Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)