1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Metagame Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by verbatim, Mar 17, 2012.

1. kennydarko

kennydarko

Hey I put together this illusion team and it seems to be working pretty well!
    Let me know what you think. 2 Dialgas!

Deoxys-Speed @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Illusion
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Spore
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - U-turn

Giratina @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar
    - Recover
    - Magic Coat

Dialga @ Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Volt Switch
    - Spacial Rend
    - Blue Flare
    - Aura Sphere

Dialga @ Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    IVs: null Atk
    - Volt Switch
    - Spacial Rend
    - Blue Flare
    - Aura Sphere

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Gyro Ball
    - Leech Seed
    - Rain Dance
    - Substitute

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    Jolly Nature
    - Endeavor
    - Ice Shard
    - Magic Coat
    - Whirlwind
  2. The Dark Hero

The Dark Hero

Have we met on Showdown before?
  3. kennydarko

kennydarko

Don't think so. Maybe i played against you
  4. Wobble

Wobble

To be fair, you can hack in CAPs with those sort of devices as well.

Besides the extremely obvious fact that it's a ghost.....
  5. Arcticblast

Arcticblast
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

That's literally its only advantage over Shuckle. Shuckle has better defenses and lower HP, allowing it to better abuse Leech Seed. The Ghost typing in this case only matters against Rapid Spin users (Sub will block Endeavor so fuck Shedinja), and teams don't really need a spinblocker most of the time anyway.

Shuckle is also a far better staller since it's immune to Sandstorm damage, allowing you to use it to its fullest. Even if the opponent has Recover, Leech Seed + Sandstorm damage adds up quickly in Balanced Hackmons, where Leftovers is a somewhat rare item.
  6. verbatim

verbatim This will be the day
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

No you can't. In order to fully add in a CAP pokemon you would need to directly mess with the game's programming, something that is EXTREMELY different from a gameshark.
  7. Wobble

Wobble

What's your point

It's a spinblocker which is an alternative to Shuckle. If you don't like it or think something else is better, don't fucking use it. That doesn't mean it isn't viable.

This is by far the most irritating metagame to post in with just the sheer amount of condescending chest beating and now I see why no one plays this or posts in here.

I'm out.
  8. TheOnyx

TheOnyx

nearly every post i've seen you make has been rude and just mean. if you don't have something nice to say it at all.
  9. tehy

tehy

His point is that you submitted a set that is outclassed in almost every way, but has one small advantage, and so you and others should use that set instead. The reason you find this metagame irritating is because of the sheer variety, which means a set you make could easily be outclassed.

As for the spinblocking, this is a tier where you can use giratina, giratina-O, and even ghostceus!! (And gengar.) You shouldn't be having trouble with spinblocking anyways.

It's not "chest-beating", it's debating. No one's trying to put you down, we're trying to come up with the best ideas possible. If your set isn't that great, we're going to let you know, so you can improve, instead of just putting forth and using sub-standard sets. The point is to come up with a set we can't crush.
  10. Arcticblast

Arcticblast
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

If you said it was a spinblocker from the start, this discussion would have taken on a whole different persona...

What experience have people had with non-Sand weather in BH? I know Sun is pretty powerful, but haven't seen much of anything (and almost never see Sand, the most common weather...) How would multiweather teams do in this meta where everything learns Skill Swap?
  11. AfroThunderRule

AfroThunderRule *yawn* ez
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Dumb question, Shadow Tag is banned right? If so then does that mean Arena Trap is also banned?
  12. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] sanTTTa: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Yes, both Arena Trap and Shadow Tag are banned.
  13. Imanalt

Imanalt WHY BUNNELBY DO HAVE FUR?
    is a Tiering Contributor

ive considered making a sun team, and ive seen rain used to some effect, but i havent seen either used a huge amount so who knows :)
  14. Gerard

Gerard

I actually tried a Flower Gift team, it's a wonderful team when it works, but sadly, it has a weakness to sand team as many of it's members are physically bulky and can tank even sun boosted attacks, still, not a lot of thing can deal with contrary Reshiram once it's behind a sub, and even without one, in the sun it could shrugg off a Nature Power if needed to.
  15. verbatim

What does Flower Gift bring over other more common methods of boosting that justifies dedication of a team slot to setting up sun?
  16. Alan T Hick

Alan T Hick

I've been using Rain lately, and it seems to be working well. My whole team isn't centered around it, but Drizzle Palkia with Water Spout hits like a truck.
  17. tehy

tehy

Verbatim, it gives a free attack boost and a free SPdef boost. Chlorophyll, which is probably the most comparable, gives two speed boosts, so at least they give equal boosts. The most interesting set i could think of would be a flower gift groudon with shift gears. In one turn, you've got +2 to attack and speed, while still boasting a great defense stat, and a good spdef stat because of the boost. With STAB Eq, one of any anti-flying moves, and fire punch/v-create, that seems like a legitimate threat. Basically, chlorophyll is probably overall better, but in order to get flower gift's boosts, you'd need two turns of setup, while chlorophyll requires only one. Keep in mind i haven't playtested this, but it seems like there may be something there.
  18. Zowayix

Zowayix

Wouldn't it be a good idea to post exactly what's banned in the first post of this thread?

Right now I can't seem to quickly find a list of what's banned.

For example, the OP only lists OHKO moves and Wonder Guard + Huge Power + Pure Power. But if I recall correctly, Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, and the move Assist are also banned. These are nowhere to be found in the OP.
  19. verbatim

Arena Trap and Shadow Tag have been added, Assist was never banned. You're probably thinking about the temporary ban on Freeze Shock when an Assist/Prankster glitch let Kyurem-B 2hko the entire tier with priority and 30% paralysis chance.
  20. Gerard

Gerard

Flower Gift affected your entire party, so you have stronger sweeper without the risk of getting Blissey/Chansey to come and copy it, you're stronger and bulkier too (used it with Coil Arceus and it has served me really well) without the need of a boost, while you're reliant on sun your other 4 members are a lot harder to take down overall: Reshiran & Ho-oh being already terrifying on their own in the sun get a nice boost those Imposter's can't copy allowing him to survive the +2 Draco Meteor or kill them before they canhe same applies to Latias as she now gets x2.25 SpD, and even eviolite Chansey who makes fun of special attacker even more
  21. urdrakonis

urdrakonis

Are Arceus forms without multitype + plate allowed? And what about Darm-Z?
  22. verbatim

No, in order to fully reflect 5th generation mechanics, you can't have Arceus-(Type)/Darmanitan-Z without their corresponding abilities.
  23. TopBoss

TopBoss

RMT!

Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    Hasty Nature
    - Spore
    - Substitute
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Imposter
    Impish Nature
    - Heart Swap
    - Heal Bell
    - Toxic
    - Thunder Wave

Lugia @ Leftovers
    Trait: Contrary
    Modest Nature
    - Psycho Boost
    - Substitute
    - V-create
    - Draco Meteor

Giratina @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    Shiny: Yes
    Careful Nature
    - Heart Swap
    - Dragon Tail
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spore

Escavalier @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Gyro Ball
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute

Groudon @ Choice Band
    Trait: Prankster
    Adamant Nature
    - Trick
    - Nature Power
    - Stone Edge
    - Heart Swap

All pretty standard sets and standard BH pokemon. I chose Lugia for my Contrary-mon because he's immune to EQ from my Groudon. As I write this, I am 6th on the ladder, so I've had a decent amount of success with this team so far; however, I would still love to see some suggestions for improvement. Thanks everyone.
  24. Zowayix

Zowayix

What was this glitch?
  25. Ithilanor

Ithilanor

Freeze Shock wasn't taking a turn to charge when Assist selected it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)