Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty then. GameFreak has officially released the new type matchups (quite a while ago, actually): http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Type-Matchup_chart_EN.pdf
Based on the new Fairy matchups, the use of Dragon moves will vary intensely due to the new immunity. Offensive Steel and Poison moves may increase for a while, but I believe that in all metas, especially BH, there will be a huge bang of fairy and anti-fairy presence due to the new type matchups, but it will diminish into a new but balanced metagame, just like today. It might encourage Poison/Steel offense for a while, but will lessen over time. A longer lasting effect, will be that the infamous Dragon/Fire combo will indeed have Pokémon that actually resist it (yes, I know about Heatran, but that relies on its ability) such as Marill and Fairy/WhateverResistsFire types.

I am thinking that parental bond will be one of the new abilities, if any, that we ban. It is effectively huge power that breaks subs and works for special attacks and maybe even status. I don't know the actual mechanics, but it seems like something that will be really good regardless.

That and it doubles the critical hit rate as well because there are two different attacks. I'm pretty sure that I heard somewhere that Verbatim was going to ban it for the reasoning you just said, but with this talk of lifting some of the old bans I'm not sure anymore.

Freeze Skin seems very interesting for Kyurem-Black, only a few words: Ice type STAB Extreme Speed and Explosion backed up by swords Dance or Choice Band.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
That and it doubles the critical hit rate as well because there are two different attacks. I'm pretty sure that I heard somewhere that Verbatim was going to ban it for the reasoning you just said, but with this talk of lifting some of the old bans I'm not sure anymore.
Someone wantd me to ban it. I'm reserving judgment until we figure out its exact mechanics.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
T minus ten hours and nineteen minutes until I get my copy of Y. Since it's technically out in some parts of the world, feel free to start talking about XY stuff. There will probably be a new thread up for XY BH though.

(verbatim please make this happen sometime)

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Making a new thread with a name that isn't flat out Balanced Hackmons sounds kind of like this thread is for "real Balanced Hackmons" and the new one is "XY Balanced Hackmons". As of now I kind of just want to keep BH in this thread and put in some sort of divide. Thoughts?

Making a new thread with a name that isn't flat out Balanced Hackmons sounds kind of like this thread is for "real Balanced Hackmons" and the new one is "XY Balanced Hackmons". As of now I kind of just want to keep BH in this thread and put in some sort of divide. Thoughts?
While I agree that BH should remain in a single thread and that B2/W2 BH and X/Y BH should be split (at least for a while), it would be difficult to accomplish both at the same time. As a less complex solution, I propose that unless there are two versions of BH on PS (B2/W2 & X/Y), we should all keep the discussion here on the latest BH version. Basically, if there is BW BH and XY BH, we split threads, and if XY BH is the only BH, we talk only of XY BH in this thread.

EV

Banned deucer.
Well won't any talk about BH XY--even though the game will be out--be theorymon until it's implemented on the servers? How can we thoughtfully discuss BH strategy involving XY abilities/strategies/moves/mechanics/etc until we actually play with them in the BH metagame? We'll basically be saying, "Won't it be cool when Simple Geomancy Power Herb is real?"

I say it's all kept in one thread and we realize that XY talk before the implementation on the server is dubious and doesn't reflect the actual BH metagame. Then, XY will work itself into the conversation in this thread as the new strategies become real time.

Precisely. All we should talk about is simply what is currently feasible in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. As of right now, we talk about B2/W2 BH, but as soon as are actually able to implement these theories, we may discuss them.
The bottom line is this: "If you can't use it, don't discuss it."

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
ATTN:

The next generation of Balanced Hackmons, tentatively named BHXY, will receive its own thread, which can be found here. Please respect this gap and reserve this thread for reflection on the gen 5 metagame.

Err just gonna post this here, currently on the bhmon ladder people are using mega Pokemon by using before the patch to prevent hem from happening so currently the ladder is kinda fucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)