Metagame Gen V PU - NU in NU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this really official or what? Are they going to add this to PoSho? Will we not be allowed to use NU Pokemon in this tier? What does PU stand for? This looks like a great idea but I am not searching through this thread to find all the answers. Can we get an FAQ on this thread?

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is this really official or what? Are they going to add this to PoSho? Will we not be allowed to use NU Pokemon in this tier? What does PU stand for? This looks like a great idea but I am not searching through this thread to find all the answers. Can we get an FAQ on this thread?
It's not official. You can challenge people to PU on PS, but there is no ladder.

If anyone wants to help me and a few friends are making analyses for all the Pokemon in pu so that people have access to analyses and viable sets for all the Pokemon if your interested please notify me thru pm

There all in the group Project Pu atm unitl i can , and i hope i can get this, get a official smogon website tier list like what Nu and the other higher tiers have

Can anyone help with Project Pu? It seems im the only one working on it and i need some help i have nearly 100 Pokemon to do!! i think thats including NFE's though

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This sounds like a really fun tier. I'd play it when/if it gets official. If there is any way I could help with it, I would. I'm all for the volunteering! :)

He's asking how you can play PU. To answer that, to my knowledge, there is no PU ladder that you can currently play on. The best way is just to ask around PS! and see if there is anyone else who wants to have a PU match. There also seems to be a lot of people who have posted in this thread that are interested in PU, so perhaps you can message some of these members and see if they would play.

Oh ok thank for that Gibbs =D. And yes its pretty much as Gibbs says it. However i have a list of , what i beleive to be, USEABLE NFEs and sets so check out the group and if you have any im-put please tell!!

lol still waiting for this to become official. i dont see why it hasnt, it would make a lot of people very happy, including me because NU hasnt seen much originality lately. i dont think it would hurt anyone really. i dont think it would change NU very much either. it would probably make a big spark in the whole pokemon community with a lot of people wanting to play the new tier. i seriously would do anything to make this tier official and supported by pokemon showdown and have an official tier list.

It's not official because it has too small of a population to really be worth officially supporting. It has a better pop than many mods, but it's still too small.

Well that is true some of my friends say gen6 will give it some hype as about a good bit of them are going to be worthless(or really just not ou , uuu , or ru material) so i cant wait for that

No, PU is unofficial because we decided it would be too detrimental for the lower meta games, namely NU. Consider what happened when Gen V NU was established: the RU player base IMMEDIATELY shrunk by more than 50%.

PU will never be supported officially, even in Gen VI, because we feel it would be simply one [edit: usage based] metagame too many.

No, PU is unofficial because we decided it would be too detrimental for the lower meta games, namely NU. Consider what happened when Gen V NU was established: the RU player base IMMEDIATELY shrunk by more than 50%.

PU will never be supported officially, even in Gen VI, because we feel it would be simply one [edit: usage based] metagame too many.
I can't believe how firmly you say it will never be official. I completely understand what you are saying, and most of your points are pretty true. But I do not think it will be too many metagames, people choose what they want to play because they like it and whats the problem with one more tier? I mean whats the problem with another tier that sets a place for pokemon that aren't ever used? I'd say over half the whole NU tier is overlooked by many people and are claimed to be unusable, uncompetitive and just down right awful. In NU there are always things that are stronger and more used. Golurk and Sawk for instance are on just about everyones team nowadays. just taking out the pokemon that you almost never see (off the top of my head; pigeot, sealo and ariados) because they are outclassed or just simply arent good enough, would do NO harm to NU because if go look at any NU RMT i promise you that most of them will have a standard/top tier team. also this gives a place to the never seen and barely discussed NFE pokes.

idk if you took any of this into consideration or the whole time you were reading this you were just thinking about how you're right and im wrong. lol im ignorant. thanks for reading :D

My point was simply that this has already been considered and decided by the Powers that Be. For the record, at the time I was strongly advocating for official PU support.

So it's not about right vs. wrong--the issue has been DECIDED, and I don't see any purpose in "looking forward" to an event that, in all probability, will never happen.

The issue I see with implementing PU as a tier is less that it will lead to one too many metagames, but mainly that it will be a dead tier. At first, all kinds of people will play it--myself included. But after a while, I could easily see it dying in popularity as MOST of PU is completely viable in NU. The same is harder to say about NU to RU. While there are plenty of NU Pokemon that are viable in RU (Piloswine, Ludicolo, etc), it's less of the case than PU to NU.

Anyways, I would love to see PU implemented strictly for the ease of finding a battle, but in the end, I think it would be a much bigger harm than it would be a benefit.

That said, I'm probably going to build a PU team later. If anyone wants to battle, drop me a VM. n_n

I agree with everything but it being harmful. But when i think of it ,it could be more of a break tier as in "im going to play this for a while because im seeing the same things over and over again in the higher tiers and just want something thats more jokey than serious". Thats a little way i view Pu as i mean just look at the name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)