Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through about 20(all I had time for during school). Since I have to search by hand through all these is there even a reason to select shiny only in the search.

Hey, I love your guide, and as a math major I especially love your accurate use of the law of large numbers. I'm having some trouble figuring out all this stuff, though, and I just completed my first successful RNG breed completely by accident.

I was breeding deino, wherein the father has 31/x/31/x/31/x IVs and the timid mother has x/31/x/31/x/31 and an everstone. The only problem is that, when I hatched the egg after a single chatter (so, theoretically, on my SSF) I couldn't find the frame matching it in PPRNG's window. Obviously you're more familiar with RNG Reporter, as am I (I'm just starting with PPRNG), but theoretically, the two should have the same outputs for the same seed.

Additionally, I checked the spread after two chatters, and thought I'd found where it was in the list, with the first result appearing to be simple human error (marking that the everstone nature would be passed down but wasn't), so I found the tartget frame and, on the next reset, did the prescribed number of chatters. Though the target was a timid hex-flawless frame, I got a timid frame with perfect everything but Attack, so the Attack IV must have been passed down by the father. I could find no such seed, however.

Might it make a difference that the two chatot I'm using are clones of one another? Or do you think it's an issue with PPRNG? Or am I just failing incalculably hard? Thanks

Hey, I love your guide, and as a math major I especially love your accurate use of the law of large numbers. I'm having some trouble figuring out all this stuff, though, and I just completed my first successful RNG breed completely by accident.

I was breeding deino, wherein the father has 31/x/31/x/31/x IVs and the timid mother has x/31/x/31/x/31 and an everstone. The only problem is that, when I hatched the egg after a single chatter (so, theoretically, on my SSF) I couldn't find the frame matching it in PPRNG's window. Obviously you're more familiar with RNG Reporter, as am I (I'm just starting with PPRNG), but theoretically, the two should have the same outputs for the same seed.

Additionally, I checked the spread after two chatters, and thought I'd found where it was in the list, with the first result appearing to be simple human error (marking that the everstone nature would be passed down but wasn't), so I found the tartget frame and, on the next reset, did the prescribed number of chatters. Though the target was a timid hex-flawless frame, I got a timid frame with perfect everything but Attack, so the Attack IV must have been passed down by the father. I could find no such seed, however.

Might it make a difference that the two chatot I'm using are clones of one another? Or do you think it's an issue with PPRNG? Or am I just failing incalculably hard? Thanks
Are you catching a pokemon to ensure you hit your seed before hatching? Timer0 can be screwing you up.

I wasn't, since I guess I'm afraid that the movement to the grass patch could result in IV frame advancement, but I actually double checked my PIDRNG target frame, and I actually think that I hit the right one, since I failed to take into account that the seed's IV spread had an 18 in Atk instead of my assumed 31, so the target spread actually wasn't hex-flawless. my bad. great method, though.

It's weird, though, my Timer0 was actually giving me grief before with my captures, but I was hitting the target seed really consistently during this whole process, I think, since during the whole thing I was pretty much always getting something at least quad-perfect, and the C7E spread had nothing of the sort (my Timer0 is C7F).

weird thing that happened to me the other day regarding breeding. following this guide i found a frame 8 spread 31/31/31/14/31/31 with fathers ivs:28/31/31/14/31/31 and mother's ivs:28/25/31/13/27/31 and when i hit my seed and got my egg the baby had the ivs of the father. any reason this could happen?

weird thing that happened to me the other day regarding breeding. following this guide i found a frame 8 spread 31/31/31/14/31/31 with fathers ivs:28/31/31/14/31/31 and mother's ivs:28/25/31/13/27/31 and when i hit my seed and got my egg the baby had the ivs of the father. any reason this could happen?
The inheritance frame inherited the father's HP.

I wasn't, since I guess I'm afraid that the movement to the grass patch could result in IV frame advancement, but I actually double checked my PIDRNG target frame, and I actually think that I hit the right one, since I failed to take into account that the seed's IV spread had an 18 in Atk instead of my assumed 31, so the target spread actually wasn't hex-flawless. my bad. great method, though.

It's weird, though, my Timer0 was actually giving me grief before with my captures, but I was hitting the target seed really consistently during this whole process, I think, since during the whole thing I was pretty much always getting something at least quad-perfect, and the C7E spread had nothing of the sort (my Timer0 is C7F).

Take the egg BEFORE capturing a Pokemon.
Once the egg is in your party, the IVs are set.

I went through about 20(all I had time for during school). Since I have to search by hand through all these is there even a reason to select shiny only in the search.

In my experience, the two are correlated slightly.
If you think otherwise, I'll look into it.

What is the "second instance of time finder"?
Sorry, I just woke up.
What I meant was, the main screen of RNG reporter. Set the method to Method 5 (standard seed), like you would to view the IVs of frames 14-20 anyway.

What I usually do, is keep a second instance of RNG reporter running, so I can have that open without interfering with the screen where I have the Breeding frames listed.

Quick question guys, im really excited i found a shiny frame on just frame 248. Now the inherited IVs are ATT (fe) SPA (fe) and SPE (m). I will have to use the everstone to get the modest nature, but the Seed already gives me flawless speed, but i want to inherit SpD from the male. If i simply add a Power item to the male - will this moves ALL the inherited IV's to the left (BAD) or just the males, i.e will my new egg still inherit ATTCK and SPA from the female?

Unfortunately using Power items messes with the sequence somehow, so there's no guarantee you'd even get something shiny on frame 248.

Nooo!!!!! Aw man thats awful I was about to breed for me a 5 way flawless Modest Deino with Dark pulse.. Shiny..im going to have a go anyway, the first egg with the shifted frame definitely appeared in the tracker i can tell cos of the male inherited IV attack (its a distinctive 7).

Well that was obviously destined to fail. I either miscounted or something but ended up being bashful with unseen IV's in 2 stats. SO either i missed my seed or really the power item screwed that one up!

No but ive been pretty consistently hitting seeds like 5 times in a row on differenbt projects in the last couple of days.

But what ive just done is gone back to the time finder, ticked the shiny box and found a new shiny seed with a chatot. chatter of under 70 or so... now thats what im talking about. Im going to remove my parent, remove the power item (as the IV's fall pretty well here with inheritance for a 31/21/31/31/31/31 which okay its not totally flawless but for modest the attack hardly matters...

my main obstacle is not having AR so when i get an egg especially a dragon one with many cycles i have to trade it over to my other DS so i can check it in pokesav -and then from there i can check the details 'quickly' but sadly i only have flash card for the dsl, not xl so i have to keep swapping carts over between systems too..

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Is it me, or is Breeding Pokes in different languages seems to generate more adjacent or near-adjacent shiny frames?
And breeding parents in same languages only generate at most 2 adjacent or near-adjacent shiny frames.

BTW I already shiny-breed for the first time a shiny Zorua with Dark Pulse.
Kinda like RNGing Landorus in Abundant shrine, where NPC punks abound.

I have never bred any shiny pokemon, nor have i caught any wild shiny pokemon:( Ever...thats pretty depressing so if i can get a modest Hydreigon down well ill be plenty happy:)

Turns out im on seed, found my shifted seet to be 55.. Shiny awaits on 66!!!

Fail, its not shiny?! Can anyone help for me to see why this has happened? I definitely hit the seed and the right frame because the IVs and gender correlate exactly but the hatchling isnt a shiny one sadly for me? am i missing something. Parent Mother was Ditto, parent father was Hydreigon.

my details are screenshotted here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)