Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can find out the exact IVs of a captured pokemon, you can find what seed you hit by plugging the IVs into the Time Finder. I've found that the search goes much, much faster if you use seeds with no keypresses (because there are less combinations).

EDIT: The dragonair is RNG'd from Gen IV. Would that make a difference? Both games are in the same region.

If you can find out the exact IVs of a captured pokemon, you can find what seed you hit by plugging the IVs into the Time Finder. I've found that the search goes much, much faster if you use seeds with no keypresses (because there are less combinations).

EDIT: The dragonair is RNG'd from Gen IV. Would that make a difference? Both games are in the same region.

You can also hit "Generate Adjacent Seeds" by right clicking on what you were trying to hit.

Usually, it's a timer0 problem. There's no real fix for it other than keep trying.

I don't think it should make a difference that it's from Gen IV. Try to hatch the next one in the sequence, and if it matches, then RNG reporter is reporting something wrong and you'll probably want to report the problem to the developers.

Another lame question Tesseraction, but using RNG Reporter what do the 50% 12.5% things mean for gender how for instance on a Charmander do you know if its a male or female that should be born for that frame if for instance RNG says: M M M F?

The exact IVs were 16/9/6/8/1/28 Relaxed "somewhat of a clown" Durant. So do I put 3 keypress, the IVs, and then check the "shiny only" box?

Charmander is 12.5% Female and 87.5% Male, so you want to read what it would be in the 12.5% column.

I'm pretty sure RNG Reporter lists the %Female at the top. There are the following gender ratios:

50M/50F
75M/25F
25M/75F
87.5M/25F

Tesseraction thanks for that - it saved me getting the initial frame comnpletely wrong there.

Incidentally i have found an unbelievably good shiny frame, basically, my game loads of frame 53, on frame 84 i have a Shiny Everstone, so only have to advance 31 times via Chatter.

However the best bit is this, the seed goes: fe/fe/30/fe/31/31/31.

So i can take any male, regardless of IVs, just has to have the right moves, and breed it with a perfect IV ditto (only has to be perfect in HP/Attack/SP Attack, as the frame doesnt even look at the male IVs! Thankfully i have dittos in Jolly/modest and timid that easily cover those fe parts.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I Luvdisc this guide! Thanks to it, I've gotten 5th Gen breeding down easily! These are the first two results!

(New!)
Gible: Jolly (nn) ♂ Lv. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/8/31/31
EVs: (none)
[Tackle] [-] [-] [-]

[OT: +Jedi]

(New!)
Tepig: Adamant (nn) ♂ Lv. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/7/31/31
EVs: (none)
[Tackle] [Strength] [Flame Charge] [Flamethrower]

[OT: +Jedi]

Would I be better off taking the everstone from my male parent when breeding (if I'm using the PIDRNG method w/ SSF)? It's getting difficult/impossible to find out what the right PIDRNG frame is (when baby is the correct nature), especially when the baby can only learn 1 ability + hidden ability

Everstone should be on the female?

If you can check he IV#s exactly id say leave the everstone on. If you cant maybe take it off..

Would I be better off taking the everstone from my male parent when breeding (if I'm using the PIDRNG method w/ SSF)? It's getting difficult/impossible to find out what the right PIDRNG frame is (when baby is the correct nature), especially when the baby can only learn 1 ability + hidden ability
It probably won't work if you're going for shiny, but if you're not, I recommend no everstone for ease of figuring out the SSF.

Quick question, i've gotten my parents by hitting a frame 1 seed. So they have exactly the same IVs as the Pokemon i'm trying to breed, I just need an egg move. In theory, should I be able to do exactly the same as i've been doing for the parents (the seed) when collecting the egg or will I have to search for another? It's been failing so far so i'm guessing i'll have to try searching for something on a different frame.

Eggs are on the 8th frame in queue.
So if IVRNG is on frame 1, eggs come from frame 8,
on frame 2, eggs come from frame 9, etc.

It's all in the guide.
Method 1 describes exactly what you want to do.

Ah, gotcha. Will I need a Chatot for this or is there a walk x steps with x number of Pokemon in my party combination that'll advance the frame from 1 to 8? Or any other method for that matter. 'Tis the only part that's left me stumped.

Well, I think there's a bug somewhere, or we'll all doing it wrong. Tried again with a new save, no Everstone. I verified that I hit my seed, and hatched the baby. I clearly missed my frame, but here's my baby:

Dratini♂
Marvel Scale
Adamant (Often dozes off)
31/31/x/x/x/x

Anyway, why isn't this PIDRNG frame on the results, either?

I would honestly suggest trying a different seed and reporting your problem in the PRNG help thread, because it looks like RNG reporter isn't calculating something correctly for your seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)