Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Grubbin, Jwittz (he's alright to talk about on here, right?) suggests its based on the White Grub which becomes the June Beetle. The image that he showed was of the polyphylla decemlineata species, more commonly known as the Ten-lined June Beetle or Watermelon Beetle due to the lines on its back (which look like they can be easily made into lightning bolts...). However, like many beetle groups, it has other species families with different looking shells (so the possibility of them pulling another Vivillon is still possible). Though from what I read about the polyphylla decemlineata specifically it has some unique body features like a multi-plated antenna and rapidly vibrate their wings to make a hissing sound. They're also agricultural pests which mirrors Grubbin's description of being an urban pest, eating electricity instead of crops. And like most beetles they do go through a pupae stage so expect another cocoon Pokemon.
I imagine it'll be another "cocoon" a la spewpa so kinda but not really

Jwittz has, like, been an official commentator for the VGCs, hosted the anniversary on twitch and was on the E3 pokemon go segment with friggin Shigeru Miyamoto, if there's any "poketuber" (raise your hand if you hate that term o/) with any actual relevance is him

I imagine it'll be another "cocoon" a la spewpa so kinda but not really

Jwittz has, like, been an official commentator for the VGCs, hosted the anniversary on twitch and was on the E3 pokemon go segment with friggin Shigeru Miyamoto, if there's any "poketuber" (raise your hand if you hate that term o/) with any actual relevance is him
And he was throwing out a theory on the origin of the design for a Pokémon, not some of the weird stuff other people might throw out there.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Before everyone starts PM'ing me; I am aware of the potential leaks over on Serebii.

However, I will not be opening this thread until about ~12 hours time, and I hope no one will bring up those leaks until AFTER (assuming they are true) we have the information from Tomorrow's batch/video/whatever it is going to be. Some of the designs look... Intriguing to say the least.

We /can/ discuss these leaks on the Orange Island IRC channel, which you can join by going to this link: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#oi@irc.synirc.net

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
We now have confirmation and the video has dropped a day early, presumably because of the leaks.

Okay so (Names are from another leaker, may not be their "true" english names)

Tapu Koko is Electric/Fairy (172HP at lv 60, Looks like it has a new Electric move which does reasonable damage to a Slowbro)
Charjabug - Bug/Electric and so is its evolution Vikavolt. Charjebug uses Spark, and Vokavolt uses Zap Cannon.
Drampa - Normal/Dragon - Appear to have an ability which acitvates at low HP - Canis Majoris thinks it roughly translates to something called "Frenzy", which appears to raise Special Attack by two stages.
Bruxish - Water/Psychic - New Ability Dazzling (may block priority)
Cutiefly - Bug/Fairy - Appears to use Fairy Wind
Pika Clone - Electric/Steel

Also confirmation that Zygarde 50% can turn into Complete which keeps its typing.

(Will update with English trailer when it comes).

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Not too fond of the minecraft bug and the eyes on drampa but the rest look pretty cool.
Good to see more type combinations with fairy as well.

Cutiefly is a fucking awful name though.

Some desings could be better like the fish but what is undeniable is that the types they get are awesome!! Electric fairy, Bug electric, Water psychic, Bug Fairy, Electric Steel, Normal Dragon and Zygarde 50% does actually change form too.

The coolest is the final Bug Electric and the fairy electric!

The 2nd stage Bug/electric looks like a train and inside must be full of hype !! Which then becomes a 3rd stage Bug electric bug that can fly!!

Water/Psychic fish has an ability that prevents moves with increased priority to work.

Normal/Dragon ability allows it to increase sp atk when...(My guess is when hit by a super effective move).

We also got one new move (my guess is fairy type).

Last edited:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
- Bug/Electric line is sick as hell, I might use one. Especially like Batterybug but the evolved form has that Mega-Beedrill-sharp-pointy-things look that really appeals to me. Hopefully it delivers where Galvantula did not.
- Cutiefly is amazing. End of.
- Electric/Fairy (Tapu Koko) is cool looking. Move doesn't look anything like an Electric move which is interesting considering it's SE on Slowbro.
- Bruxish looks like a Basculin/Alomomola fusion with extra frilly shit (is that a fucking flower on its head?) - it's a no from me.
- Drampa is just dumb looking - cool typing tho, hopefully it gets a Mega Evolution or something that delivers it from it's current Undertale-amalgamate Altaria/Darm-Zen/Stoutland look.
- An Electric Mouse For The New Age is surprising no-one, but at least it has a cool typing this time around. Shame that Magnezone exists though.

NOT THE BEE FLIES

NOT THE BEE FLIES

AUGH

...In all seriousness, all of these look cool. Yeah, Bruxfish does look weird, but it has a neat ability.

Also, I heard from some people that Drampa might be an evolution of Dunsparce. Given its Normal/Dragon typing (note that Dragon is the secondary typing) and its color scheme, I wouldn't be surprised.

Vikavolt's been reminding me of something, just realised it looks like a rail gun. That's so awesome.

Also, is this the first time we've heard the SM title screen music in full?

E: also, and I feel dumb for not getting this sooner, I was pronouncing Drampa with a "pa" as in "patty". But it's probably "pa" in "paw", making it an allusion to "grandpa".

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I really don't like them... I don't like their designs. Oh well, hopefully I'll like them after a few months.
When they leaked this morning, I was confident that they were fake.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Pika clone while sounding similiar to pikachu, might be a good pokemon overall if gamefreak recalled to give him nice SPD/DEF.
Resistances: Bug, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel
Immunities: Poison
11 resists and 1 immunity?LOL

Pika clone while sounding similiar to pikachu, might be a good pokemon overall if gamefreak recalled to give him nice SPD/DEF.
Resistances: Bug, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel
Immunities: Poison
11 resists and 1 immunity?LOL
Well, I doubt he will be better than Magnezone/Magneton. But he could be good in lower tiers with this typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)