Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Approved :D

PS: A close friend of mine confirmed that he indeed saw this text before Salandit's reveal.
View attachment 65287 View attachment 65288
Cresselia~~'s translation
Leak is TEXT ONLY.
Red line indicates the part that accurately predicted Salandit.

>There will be no gyms.
>Alola region has no leagues. Your main objective is to build a league. After you finish building a league, the Elite 4 will appear. The E4 will be like the owners of each island.

> Starter's final forms with be an archer, a wrestler and a siren. Siren is water fairy.
> Collect logo diamonds like Mega stones, but a bit different. Logo diamonds cause Pokemon to transform shape, like Ash-Greninja.
> There will be new dolphin, snowman, sea cucumber. Rockruff evolves into a werewolf.
> Mashadow has a very unique typing.
Level51's translation
(In order to verify my leaks, Smogon mod "nerd" had to find another person to translate, so that they can know whether my translations are correct.)

Level 51: the red part is 'there's a fire + poison pokemon'
assuming it refers to salandit or w/e
so the red part is there's a new fire + poison mon
then 'the stone dog will evolve into a werewolf' (assuming that's rockruff there)
there's a new mushroom pokemon
Level 51: snowman pokemon
Cresselia~~ : Oh, I forgot to translate the mushroom bit.
Level 51: it's mushroom i'm pretty sure
Level 51: there's a... football monkey?
Cresselia~~ : I'd translate it as "rugby" monkey.
Level 51: there's a sea cucumber pokemon as well apparently
Level 51: it says something after that but my chinese isnt good enough to read that. don't think it refers to a new pokemon though
Cresselia~~: I think this part says "the trademarked name Marshadow is a mythical Pokemon with very unique typing."

Level 51: "there are many unmarked locations on the map, which form districts (?); these districts contain very strong pokemon, known as overlords (?)."
Cresselia~~ : I think overlords is a good enough translation.

Level 51: "the royal three are in the end distinguished as (arrow something), (breaking something hand), (siren something)
Level 51: cant find anything about starters
Cresselia~~ : "the royal three " is what we call "starters" in Chinese. It's archer, wrestler and siren.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Okay guys.

Cresselia~~ is going to post the leaks. This will also be the start of a free-for-all weekend. From now until the Corocoro leaks (which should be Monday) you guys can discuss unconfirmed information and ideas.

As soon as the corocoro leaks come, this will end and the usual thread rules will reapply.

Don't post anything blatently fake (please no artwork or anything like that), but ideas and the leaks can be discussed and how they might affect the future of Pokemon. We will still be moderating the thread but a lot more loosely than normal.

A wrestler...a wreslter...Fire/Fighting why you doing this GF...but wait this Archer/Wrestler/Siren thing, didn't a leak or fake artwork looked like that ?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I was the one who contacted Level 51 about translation, so here's a recap:

[2:23 PM] :nerd:: so I guess recap
[2:23 PM] :nerd:: no gym leaders, the plot centers on forming a new league
[2:23 PM] :nerd:: e4 originally replaced by island leaders, later e4 actually appears
[2:23 PM] :nerd:: can ride almost any pokemon
[2:24 PM] :nerd:: bracelets allow for appearance changing and maybe mega evos
[2:24 PM] :nerd:: new mushroom, rugby monkey, dolphin, snowman, sea cucumber
[2:24 PM] :nerd:: and overlord pokemon in each district
[2:24 PM] :nerd:: starters are archer, wrestler, siren
[2:24 PM] :nerd:: and rockruff evolves into werewolf

Here's the full log of the conversation:
Code:
[1:52 PM] nerd: any chance you can tell me what the red part says first
[1:52 PM] nerd: then the others
[1:52 PM] nerd: or at least try
[1:53 PM] Level 51: the red part is 'there's a fire + poison pokemon'
[1:53 PM] Level 51: assuming it refers to salandit or w/e
[1:54 PM] Level 51: ok here lemme try to translate that whole paragraph it seems interesting
[1:54 PM] Level 51: so the red part is there's a new fire + poison mon
[1:54 PM] Level 51: then 'the stone dog will evolve into a werewolf' (assuming that's rockruff there)
[1:55 PM] Level 51: there's a new mushroom pokemon
[1:55 PM] Level 51: snowman pokemon
[1:55 PM] nerd: could that be sea cucumber
[1:55 PM] nerd: or is it definitely mushroom
[1:55 PM] Level 51: it's mushroom i'm pretty sure
[1:56 PM] Level 51: there's a... football monkey?
[1:56 PM] nerd: snowman...?
[1:56 PM] Level 51: there's a sea cucumber pokemon as well apparently
[1:56 PM] nerd: oh
[1:56 PM] nerd: when I was pm'd this they only listed sea cucumber, snowman, dolphin
[1:56 PM] Level 51: after that is dolphin
[1:57 PM] Level 51: it says something after that but my chinese isnt good enough to read that. don't think it refers to a new pokemon though
[1:58 PM] nerd: anything on that first screenshot?
[1:59 PM] Level 51: it says that gym leaders are replaced with "team leaders"
[2:00 PM] Level 51: and the elite four is replaced by an "island king" of each island
[2:00 PM] nerd: ok this is more detailed than what I was sent in english
[2:00 PM] Level 51: wait no
[2:00 PM] Level 51: hm.
[2:00 PM] Level 51: hang on let me backtrack a little
[2:00 PM] Level 51: my chinese is rusty
[2:01 PM] Level 51: OK so it says "earlier we reported that there are no gym leaders. this is because one episode in the plot involves building a new alliance (?)"
[2:02 PM] nerd: league?
[2:02 PM] Level 51: perhaps, yeah
[2:02 PM] Level 51: i think it's league, yeah.
[2:02 PM] Level 51: so building a new league
[2:03 PM] Level 51: it says "naturally, without a league there are no gyms. team leaders (?) replace gym leaders, while island kings replace the elite four."
[2:03 PM] nerd: "I missed the mushroom part...
Oh, the "football" monkey he's trying to say... I'd personally translate it as "rugby" monkey."
[2:03 PM] Level 51: "after the pokemon league is formed, the elite four is made"
[2:03 PM] Level 51: oh rugby monkey, yeah, probably
[2:03 PM] Level 51: well, american football. ya know
[2:04 PM] nerd: do you see anything about starters or uh
[2:04 PM] nerd: the diamonds
[2:04 PM] Level 51: diamonds?
[2:04 PM] nerd: > Collect logo diamonds like Mega stones, but a bit different. Logo diamonds cause Pokemon to transform shape, like Ash-Greninja.
[2:05 PM] nerd: is what I was sent
[2:05 PM] Level 51: yeah bottom of first screenshot
[2:05 PM] Level 51: uh
[2:06 PM] Level 51: "the new wristband (i'm assuming this is the mega bracelet or something) can make all abilities stronger." (i guess this just means mega evolution.)
[2:07 PM] Level 51: "you can load different diamonds into the wristband. there are many types of diamonds which you have to collect, like collecting mega stones."(edited)
[2:08 PM] Level 51: "some limited (?) diamonds can transform the shape of a pokemon. greninja was an example of this."
[2:09 PM] Level 51: "there's a new function which lets you ride almost any pokemon."(edited)
[2:10 PM] nerd: that wasnt mentioned either
[2:10 PM] nerd: the only thing theyve said that you havent were the starters
[2:11 PM] Level 51: "there are many unmarked locations on the map, which form districts (?); these districts contain very strong pokemon, known as overlords (?)."
[2:12 PM] Level 51: oh the part after the dolphin mon which i couldnt translate earlier was like
[2:14 PM] nerd: ?
[2:14 PM] Level 51: "the royal three are in the end distinguished as (arrow something), (breaking something hand), (siren something)
[2:14 PM] Level 51: cant find anything about starters
[2:14 PM] nerd: well thats what the starters was
[2:14 PM] nerd: archer, wrestler, siren
[2:15 PM] Level 51: oh
[2:15 PM] Level 51: could be that then
[2:15 PM] Level 51: must have mistranslated royal three
[2:17 PM] nerd: "the royal three " is what we call "starters" in Chinese. 

Yes... I didn't translate everything.
[2:17 PM] Level 51: ah ok
[2:17 PM] Level 51: so yeah recap
first paragraph: "sorry for no news. here is some news but it is unconfirmed."
second paragraph: a plot episode which involves forming a new league
third paragraph: initial replacements for gym leaders and elite four
fourth paragraph: the "wristband" and the "diamonds" to be inserted into it
fifth paragraph: riding mons
sixth paragraph: unmarked districts on the map which contain "overlords"
seventh paragraph: new pokemon
eighth/ninth paragraph: credit + that's all folks
[2:17 PM] Level 51: i think that's it
[2:20 PM] nerd: thanks
[2:21 PM] nerd: cresselia is gonna post about it but I told her to giv eyou some credit
[2:21 PM] Level 51: :D

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
like this post if you think I'm good at chinese
like this post if you think I'm bad at chinese too I wouldn't mind some likes

in other news i'm not happy at all about these leaks, wanted to throttle something when i read that rockruff evolves into a werewolf i mean seriously....................................... i get that it's rock / dark but can you not be quite so edgy

What came first the PokeJungle leak of this starters Evo design or the Chinese leak ? Might be a way to increase the validity.

If there's a lack of Gym Leaders, I hope there's a lack of team as well, because teams are such a waste of space.

Actually like those designs. I thought I'd groan at the cat becoming Fire/Fighting or Ground or whatever but that thing looks rad. I should be more doubtful, but then I remember the hilarity that was people claiming the Serperior/Emboar/Samurott leaks were obvious fakes.

I hope that leak is genuine. Rockruff evolving into a werewolf would be cool, we haven't had a werewolf yet. Here are some other creatures which as of yet haven't been Pokémon:

Tiger. We've had several Pokémon with tiger-like attributes, but we haven't had a straight up tiger.
Pegasus. Playing Fire Emblem has seriously got me hyped for a pegasus Pokémon.
Hummingbird. I'm picturing a super fast, kind of frail Flying type with either Normal or Grass as its primary type
Hammerhead shark. Again, surprisingly few sharklike Pokémon. Hammerheads look awesome, and I'm seeing Water / Dark type.
Chimera. We've always had Pokémon that have been fusions of animals, but why stop at just 2?

I really hope Popplio doesn't look like that, I'm much more fond of a design like this;

I think a cool theme for the starters would be the circus. We have an owl who is our ringmaster (the bowtie points to his) a tiger to jump through hoops, and a ball balancing seal. Of course these could be changed around a bit, with Popplio being a magician and Rowlet being an acrobat possibly? Another magician? I feel like Litten could definitely be a tiger or lion, a common thing imagined for the circus.

Actually like those designs. I thought I'd groan at the cat becoming Fire/Fighting or Ground or whatever but that thing looks rad. I should be more doubtful, but then I remember the hilarity that was people claiming the Serperior/Emboar/Samurott leaks were obvious fakes.
But look Serperior is just a reskin Milotic, Emboar is a reskin Rhyperior and Samurott is a reskin "I don't remember what people were saying", they can't be real. And those new three are, well, pretty unique imo. If they're real I like them.

I don't really want to get into leaks and haven't read anything... but I'll just say right now that I really hope that wrestler Litten isn't real. No matter how cool it might look - and tbh I think it looks kinda stupid - I don't want another fire/fighting starter for at least another 10 years

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In regards to Rockruff evolving into a werewolf, the offical Pokemon site actually hints at this, and their page on Rockruff actually came out only a week ago! http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/rockruff/

Pokemon.com said:
Rockruff is a sociable Pokémon, but as it grows, its disposition gets wilder. If it begins to howl when the sun goes down, that is proof that it’s close to evolving. It’s said that it leaves its Trainer’s side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved.
Granted, it could just be a lucky guess, or maybe the site means that it just.. evolves into a wolf, but I still find that a bit suspcious at least!

I hope it's wrong just so this fucking abomination doesn't come to pass:
Collect logo diamonds like Mega stones, but a bit different. Logo diamonds cause Pokemon to transform shape, like Ash-Greninja.
(Seems like it probably will either way though.)

Edit: The final-stage Fire starter also looks horrible to me.

As much as I would love Littens final evo to be Fire/Fighting just to witness the hilarity that would ensue from the fanbase(the english speaking fanbase anyway, I'm not sure if Japanese fans care), I think it will be Fire/Dark or something like that, but hey, I wouldn't mind being wrong, the lulz from the fury that would erupt would be magical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)