Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
DO NOT SAVE IN POKEMON CENTERS OR IN THE BATTLE TREE!

A glitch has been discovered where if you saved in a Pokemon Center or in the Battle Tree your trainer's model may disappear upon loading it back up, effectively making the game unplayable.

Out of all locations I can't believe its the Pokemon Center which is having this problem. You'd think out of all locations they'd make sure the Pokemon Center was absolutely safe to save in.

EDIT: *sigh* As it turns out this glitch only happens to people using an editing software with their game, was a known issue by the editor's creator, and had been patched in newer versions of the program.

Last edited:
DO NOT SAVE IN POKEMON CENTERS OR IN THE BATTLE TREE!

A glitch has been discovered where if you saved in a Pokemon Center or in the Battle Tree your trainer's model may disappear upon loading it back up, effectively making the game unplayable.

Out of all locations I can't believe its the Pokemon Center which is having this problem. You'd think out of all locations they'd make sure the Pokemon Center was absolutely safe to save in.
It's Luminoise all over again...

In other news, Europe now has the game! Hype hype hype hype!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Nevermind, it was a false alarm. As it turns out the people who had their game glitching out were using an editing program. On top of that, the author of the editing program noted it was not only a known issue but had been a patched in newer versions of the program.

Lesson here: If you're playing the game with an additional program changing stuff with it, don't act surprised if something goes wrong and alert people of a "glitch" which isn't a problem for 99.999~% of the people playing it.

Am I reading it wrong? I came to see some Pokedex entries on sizes and apparently, UB-04 Slash/Blade is not even taller than an Eevee, only 0.3 m tall? It's half as tall as Celebi. Wat....

It's just kind of funny. Especially with that obscene attack power. I came to see others and size of many of these UB are around other legendary Pokemon too.

Last edited:
Am I reading it wrong? I came to see some Pokedex entries on sizes and apparently, UB-04 Slash/Blade is not even taller than an Eevee, only 0.3cm tall? It's half as tall as Celebi. Wat....

It's just kind of funny. Especially with that obscene attack power. I came to see others and many of these UB are around other legendary Pokemon too.
kartana is literally a pokemon based entirely around a paper cut
its great

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Kartana also has the Paper Like Defenses. No, I don't mean Paper Thin Defenses. That's a metaphor and what I mean is literal. If you hold a piece of paper up and try to destroy it, you'll see what I mean. Hard to beat by throwing rocks or punching it, but easy to beat by burning, soaking, or firing moon lazers at it!

The stat spread on this thing is brilliant.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So these games sold 3 million copies in two weeks. Just in America. Also makes them the fastest selling games (in America?) Nintendo has ever had, beating X and Y by like 80% (or something).

GameXplain made a video about it that goes into a bit more detail.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
1.96 million copies in Japan through Sunday, more than 1.58m in Europe in a week, and over 3.7m copies in the Americas. Famitsu estimates about 400,000 just in Japan bought download cards.
I've seen several places (including Nintendo themselves) claim this is the fastest selling game in Nintendo history. That is an incredible result for something so different to the formula. Pokemon has had an amazing year with which to celebrate its 20th Birthday. Not many games are as widespread or well known as Pokemon is.

Sun and Moon are really good games as well. 70 hours for me already since release (about a week and a day). Which is ridiculous amount of time really, and I've enjoyed nearly all of it.

i think the pokemon go craze has helped bring in a lot of new players, or even people who played the first games and were galvanised into seeing what this new generation is all about
the crazy thing is go (& probably the rest of the 20th anniversary bonanza) didn't just lead to a boost in SM sales it lead to a boost in XY & ORAS sales like a few months before SM were even out.

the pokethirst was real

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
And now they're making the third version for the Switch meaning we'll finally get to see the Pokemon battling in 3D... wait...

(This comment comes from me thinking how the Wii U didn't having a Pokemon 3D battling game until I remembered "oh yeah, we don't need one as Pokemon jumped to 3D a gen ago").

A third version on a completely different console would be yet another thing to shake up the usual formula (and Crystal being on the Game Boy Color does not count IMO).

And now they're making the third version for the Switch meaning we'll finally get to see the Pokemon battling in 3D... wait...

(This comment comes from me thinking how the Wii U didn't having a Pokemon 3D battling game until I remembered "oh yeah, we don't need one as Pokemon jumped to 3D a gen ago").
we'll finally get to see pokemon battling in 3d without framedrops

Best nature for Lunala?
Modest if you want a all-out bulky attacker (High attack, powerful stabs, good coverage make it pretty balanced), Timid if you want to a fast sweeper. (Base 97 isn't that fast, but the Timid boost can help outspeed a bunch of threats.)

New update for Pokemon Sun/Moon. Version 1.1 can now be downloaded in the eShop.

List of fixes according to Serebii:
  • Fixes glitch that caused battles to not continue when Z-Memento and Z-Parting Shot were used on Battle spot
  • Fixed a glitch that determined the wrong winner if the Rocky Helmet caused both players to lose their final Pokémon
  • Fixed a glitch where Pokémon wouldn't learn moves after they evolved such as with Kadabra and Confusion
  • Alterations to some Battle Tree Pokémon - Change of Kommo-o's move from Shell Smash to Draco Meteor
  • Alterations to some Battle Royal Pokémon - Change of Shuckle's move from Stockpile to Double Team
  • Alterations to Japanese text file correcting typo of UB-02 Expansion
  • Various Bug Fixes
The update requires 296 blocks and is mandatory for the game to go online. Battles Videos from before the patch can no longer be viewed, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)