1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Gen1 battling

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by Mustard, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustard

Mustard

Hey everyone,
    Sorry if this is a stupid question or shouldn't be posted here, I'm new to all this stuff so forgive me!

I downloaded some pokemon online to do some gen1 battling since this is basically the only generation I am familiar with.
    I noticed you can pick ''versions'' at the top, and ''stadium'' is gen1.
    However, I can still pick natures and set EVs to my pokemon.
    Also moves like megadrain aren't on the movelist.

So could anyone be kind enough to tell me how I can battle with a gen1 set? Or is it impossible to battle with the R/B/Y ''engine'' and is the only gen1 ruleset you can choose one with just using the first 150 pokemon but with EVS, natures etc.

Thanks!
  2. NixHex

NixHex A new vice president erryday to keep me busy
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

In stadium or GSC mode, the EV boxes should be filled up to 255 and ivs to 15. As far as I know, it shouldn't even show Natures. Are you sure you're using Pokemon Online or are you using Netbattle Supremacy?
  3. Mustard

Mustard

4. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

you are using pokemon online. just delete reinstall the new version. or you can try just pressing the stadium thing again. thats what i normally do
  5. Mustard

Mustard

Aah it works now!
    Reinstalled and had to click the stadium thing again.
    Thanks for the help!
    People here are very helpful, appreciate it!

EDIT: Is there a server for gen1 battling btw?
    I think I found one in a thread called something like zapdos.org or w/e, but I can't seem to find the thread anymore!
    EDIT2: Found it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)