Gendermons [Landorus-Therian Suspect]

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Approved by TI and Eevee

Gender does not mean much competitively. Moves like Attract and Captivate and abilities like Rivalry are highly situational, and more often than not are a waste of a moveslot/ability.

But what if gender really did make a difference in the game? In this meta, male Pokemon get a 1.3x boost to physical moves and their defenses, and get their special moves lowered to .75x, as well as their special defences, while female Pokemon are vice versa. Genderless Pokemon, unfortunately, stay the same.

The effects of this meta mean that Legendaries are less viable, as a majority of them are genderless and thus do not get the boost. This also means that mixed attackers are no longer viable, as the decrease in one of their attack stats removes their coverage. Finally, stall is no longer as big of a problem, as the decrease in one defensive stat means that they can no longer live as much hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum.

Banlist: Ubers
Unbanlist: Landorus, Kangaskhanite

Last edited:
few notes:
1. poor legends
2. Blissey can much more easily use SG Ice beams
3. ignore 1, Latios gets better DD stats, while Latias gets better CM stats.
4. of course the manliest pokemon have high physical attack, 'cept for the mustachioed Zam
5. someone's gonna derp, and forget to set a gender, and it ends up hurting them badly

these are my current thoughts on this OM.

Sexist

In all seriousness, this meta seems pretty cool! Although it does kind of make mixed attackers a lot less viable. Also, poor Latios.

Well, Nidoqueen > Nidoking now.

Thundurus and Landorus are kinda sad, but their Therian formes are okay with things.
Kangaskhan is also having a bad time with this meta.

An interesting idea would be to make your special walls male and your physical walls female, and teach them attract. I don't know how viable it is considering that confusion is kinda the same thing (but lasts for a set amount of turns), but it is an idea.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Why not increase/decrease the respective defensive stats as well?
Good catch. I completely forgot about the defences. Im adding them right now.

I like the idea, but I'm not sure the small stat change is significant enough on its own to make this OM really unique. It should probably affect either more stats or affect the offensive stats more heavily.
I added a defense boost to it, like Pikachuun asked, but I honestly was torn between 1.1x and 1.2x. If the community wants to change it to 1.2x, I'll change it for them.

Which leaves me to one question. Should the boost be 1.1x or 1.2x?

Last edited:
1.2x.

Also, why is everyone acting like it's the end of the world for Latios? Because It's not: he has solid STABs, DD for setup, and some coverage. what more do you want to acknowelege him as alive in this metagame, with a new role?

canno

formerly The Reptile
1.2x would be better imo

Also Latios can be cool with Dragon Dance but meh, mostly dead. Good think I liked Latias better anyways!

I'd like 1.3 just to make a big enough difference but 1.2 is fine...
The genderless mons really suffer here, not only do they have to deal with heavy hitters but the opponents'll be able to tank hits better too.
That being said the drop in def/sp.def will hurt.

This seems like a very offensive metagame since offensive pokemon (especially physical) lose little when choosing gender but defensive ones have to chose which of their defenses to lower.

Also, maybe unban kangaskhanite since it's always set on female and thus loses it's great attack and powerful priority.

.2 is my vote too. Or .3 maybe, though .2 already means that males hit 50% harder than females with physical moves and females hit 50% harder than males with special moves.

Well, actually, is this just modifying the base stats or does it affect EVs and IVs as well? Because if it affects everything, then what I just said is accurate, but if not, the damage difference will be noticeably less, particularly when comparing invested attackers. (252 EVs in a stat is the equivalent of 31-and-a-half in the stat, roughly, while IVs are 15-and-a-half in each stat, roughly)

Also Landorus is now more physically oriented than ever, making Landorus-Incarnate even less preferred. Thundurus might give more thought to Defiant builds, while Tornadus is probably best off sticking to its Therian Forme. A 20% increase to Attack/20% decrease to Special Attack shunts Tornadus-Incarnate and Thundurus-Incarnate from 115/125 to 137/113 (Roughly?), reversing their normal roles.

In general, gender-locked Pokemon are, oddly enough, interestingly different in this meta.

EDIT: Though, to be fair, with it affecting defenses too, a physical fighter facing off against a special fighter, each of the appropriate gender, will produce even more of a damage difference than 50% before IVs and EVs, so IVs and EVs being unaffected would help keep things under control.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Gendermons",
        section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite'],
        onModifyAtkPriority: 42,
        onModifyAtk: function (atk, pokemon) {
            if (pokemon.gender === 'M') {
                return this.chainModify(1.2);
            } else if (pokemon.gender === 'F') {
                return this.chainModify(.8);
            }
        },
        onModifyDefPriority: 42,
        onModifyDef: function (def, pokemon) {
            if (pokemon.gender === 'M') {
            } else if (pokemon.gender === 'F') {
            }
        },
        onModifySpAPriority: 42,
        onModifySpA: function (spa, pokemon) {
            if (pokemon.gender === 'F') {
            } else if (pokemon.gender === 'M') {
            }
        },
        onModifySpDPriority: 42,
        onModifySpD: function (spd, pokemon) {
            if (pokemon.gender === 'F') {
            } else if (pokemon.gender === 'M') {
            }
        }
    },
You know the drill.

Last edited:
So female Alakazams (if anyone runs 'Zam...), the Ralts evos finally stay their proper genders (btw, need Mega Gallade. SOMEWHERE!), Blissey is even weaker to physical damage...once again, I need a way to get onto servers and play. Curse you, bandwidth! (shakes sky with fist)

Well, Pokemon like Alakazam will be less horribly overshadowed, on average, by Legends that tend to invalidate them because most Legends either don't have a gender and thus can't peak their stats as high or are gender-locked, and not necessarily in the preferred gender for their statline. Not that Alakazam will necessarily be competitive, but it at least isn't so readily overshadowed by... I dunno... Azelf or something...

Oh god Captivate might see some actual use, since any Special attacker is going to either be female or genderless, you can be certain that the non-genderless ones will be vulnerable to a male user. Some of the Pokemon that get Captivate even have reason to run physical and therefore male, and Sableye is one Pokemon that gets Captivate that often uses no attacking moves or restricts itself to Foul Play.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Bump

Looking for a server to host this game! Thank you so much for those who do! The code for this meta is in Pikachuun's post above. Once again, thank you if you do implement this!

Pokemon with a fixed gender

Nidoking: Shunted aside by Nidoqueen.

Nidoqueen: The new Nidoking.

The Hitmons: Better than ever! Other than that increased vulnerability to Special.

Volbeat: Fffffff

Mothim: Ffffff

Gallade: Heck yeah!

Sawk and Throh: Awesome! Sawk in particular has Sturdy and so isn't that bothered by the loss to Special Defense.

Braviary: Huh. Didn't realize it was fixed-male. It's happy with that.

Latis: Stuff.

The genies: More likely than ever to run physical. Mostly relevant to Thundurus and Tornadus who normally ignore their access to Defiant. Tornadus-Therian is especially happy. On the other hand Landorus-Incarnate is overall unhappy.

Chansey/Blissey: Well, it never wants to take a physical hit anyway.

Kangaskhan: Weakened.

Jynx: Perfectly happy.

Miltank: Weakened.

Illumise: Still no Tail Glow fffff

Vespiquen: ffffff

Wormadam: Pretty neat, given they get moves like Flash Cannon and Earth Power.

Froslass: Better than ever.

Lilligant: Totally happy.

Mandibuzz: Takes a hit to her physical walling capacity, doesn't appreciate the Special Attack increase.

Florges: Always Special anyway.

Cresselia: Even better at what it always did!

Additionally, Magnezone, Electrode, Starmie, Porygon2/-Z, Shedinja, Lunatone, Solrock, Claydol, Metagross, Bronzong, Rotom, Phione, Manaphy, Klinklang, Cryogonal, Golurk, Carbink, Ditto (Notable!), Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Unown, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Cobalion, Virizion, Keldeo, Terrakion, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Meloetta (thank Arceus), Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Diancie haven't shifted at all.

Female volcarona anyone? 162 effective spatk base, 100 speed, and quiver dance. Also 126 effective spdef isnt nothing. And tbh, it doesnt run phys sets and wont want to take a phys hit anyway :P Will edit with calcs later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)