General Analysis: Paraflinching

Paraflinching has never been as popular as parafusion. However it has never been tested out in today’s metagame.

Note: Fake Out is 100% but isn’t useful in this analysis. Also Secret Power and Nature Power, depending on the location, may flinch or paralyze but isn’t very useful as well.

Moves That Cause Flinching

10%: Bone Club, Extrasensory, Hyper Fang
30%: Astonish, Bite, Headbutt, Needle Arm, Rock Slide, Stomp

Moves That Cause Paralysis

10%: Thunderpunch, Thunderbolt, Thundershock
30%: Body Slam, Bounce, Lick, Spark, Thunder, Dragon Breath
70%: Glare!!!! hits everything?
75%: Stun Spore
100%: Thunder Wave

Pokemon with cool Abilities

Effect Spore: Parasect, Breloom
Static: Raichu, Electrode, Electabuzz, Ampharos, Manectric

Limber: Persian, Hitmonlee, Ditto (oh no!)
Natural Cure: Starmie, Blissey, Celebi, Roselia, Altaria

Flinchers worth mentioning include: Aerodactyl , Jolteon, Primape, Typlosion, Kangaskhan, Miltank, Flygon, Salamence, Metagross, Dunsparce, Breloom, Persian, Entei, Suicune, Raikou.

gdpt

what the heck

whatever this is i think like thunder has a 30% chance and tbolt hass a 10% you should cover all those electric moves.

and the best parflincher is dunsparce because of Serene grace and its stabbed headbutt and bodyslam also learns TW and rockslide

More like Aggron because it can come in easier than Dunsparce, paralyze something, get a Substitute in, and then either flinch/fp them to death or Focus Punch.

Aggron is a better UU paraflincher. If used properly he will force a swich everytime to get a t-wave or sub. Either way that fp is gonna hurt and he gets STABed rock slide. Dunsparce is weak and wont last long.

glare doesnt affect ghosts. i tried it on gengar once with dunsparce and i was like wtf smogon's article lied.

dunsparce isnt supposed to be strong, hes supposed to use his abilty for 60% headbutt flinch and 30% full para. you dont have to have a strong move to do a lot of damage as long as they cant hit you, like wrap/fire spin in rby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)