1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

General Analysis: Pokemon XD (In Progress)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by zfs, Dec 30, 2005.

1. cookie

cookie Adominnustrata
    is a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Soc. Forums Leader

perhaps it is 'special olympics' special
  2. Maestro_Arena

Maestro_Arena

UPS! Sorry for the mistake, I had a lapsus.

I wanted to say physical sweeper xD
  3. zfs

zfs Everything old is new again
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

BP Scizor with Morning Sun *would* be sexy as hell, but it's sadly illegal. However, it's still an awesome move for physical sweeping Scizor. How many other things do you know that get SD, a recovery move, and a monster Base Attack/good physical STAB to use it?
  4. moomoonerd

moomoonerd

Silver Wind is also an egg move, so it's illegal with Morning Sun. =( Scizor could still use Return or something over Silver Wind...

Oh, also, what about Agility, since it's speed is low but it's attack is already pretty high?
  5. Slobroking

Slobroking

no it isnt cause when you purifie scyther he also get silver wind
  6. moomoonerd

moomoonerd

I see... That's something to fix on the DB mod then, I guess.
  7. zfs

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The XD pokemon start with certain egg moves, so they are legal with purification moves. For Scyther (and Scizor, of course), this is Silver Wind.
  8. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Medicham comes close...*whistles*
  9. zfs

Cham gets Bulk Up, not SD.
  10. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Scizor doesnt really get good physical stab though, so maybe they are equal..

Have a nice day.
  11. Fool_Hi

Fool_Hi

how does metagross get refresh when you cant even catch it in XD?
  12. zfs

Special nintendo promotion was refresh metang.
  13. Amazing Ampharos

Amazing Ampharos
    is a Researcher Alumnus

I posted a ton of XD info on the old smogon. Anyone who wants to dig through the archives might find a thing or two unmentioned.
  14. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

henceforth why i said it comes close
  15. zfs

Most of the move info and things are already here, and someone posted the legal egg moves. If you know the compatibility of pre-evos/non-XD pokes with the three new move tutors, please post that, but otherwise I don't know what we might have missed.
  16. Amazing Ampharos

Amazing Ampharos
    is a Researcher Alumnus

I don't quite have the tutor info yet, but I do intend to test it out. For some reason I thought some Pokemon had been left out, but it looks like I'm wrong.
  17. Guilan

Guilan

mightyena gets heal bell
  18. cook

cook
    is a Past WCoP Winner

GENGAR GETS SELFDESTRUCT! GENGAR GETS SELFDESTRUCT! YESYESYES

oh wait he has explosion >:(
  19. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Metal Sound/Roar/Thunderbolt/filler Zapdos deserves love. It works the same as Tickle Lapras - get a load of Spikes in, and then switch in Zapdos on an Earthquake or on Gyarados or whatever. Metal Sound the switch, and start thinking. Will they switch? Roar for double Spikes damage. Will they stay in? Hit them twice as hard!
  20. Apocalypsus

Apocalypsus

Altaria has Hell Bell in Pokemon XD,it will be better than Vileplume as a Beller in UU?
  21. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

If by more useful you mean less useless, yeah Altaria is quite good as a Beller. But usually you'll find Bellers in UU quite redundant unless you get frozen or paralyzed a lot - most status in UU is a sleep move and sometimes Thunder Wave.
  22. Tazzler

Tazzler

What about the new baton passers? Dodrio, hypno, etc....

Will something like this work?

Dodrio/Swellow@Leftovers/Liechi Berry
    Evs- Max Speed and Attack
    Jolly Nature
    ~Substitute
    ~Agility
    ~Return/Drill Peck (Dodrio)/Hidden Power {Flying}(Swellow)
    ~Baton Pass

Substitute, agility if it doesn't break, then pass the speed and/or sub to another pokemon. You can sub down to get liechi berry boost, too.

Hypno@Leftovers
    Evs- enough for 170 speed, some in special attack, and rest in hp and special defense
    Calm Nature
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Psychic
    ~Baton pass
    ~Thunderpunch

Espy jump with less speed and special attack and more defenses. Calm Mind up and baton pass. Psychic weezing and thunderpunch suicune and skarmory.
  23. Vulcan Fury

Vulcan Fury
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

After experimenting with Dodrio I can safely say passing Agility is not as useful as everyone thinks. This is what I've been using with decent success.

Dodrio @ CB
    Adamant ( + Atk - Satk)
    Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    -Return / Furstration / Double-Edge
    -Hidden Power [Ground] / [Fight]
    -Drill Peck
    -Baton Pass

Works good in combination with magneton and duggy. come in on something like heracoss that you know will switch and Baton Pass. You can scope out their switch in, usually a normal resist and bring in the appropriate poke. With Spikes out this is a real bitch.

Thanks for giving me more ideas for my already gay spikestall team!
  24. Shiyo

Shiyo

The Snorlax with Selfdestruct is very funny xD
    Snorlax explodes with gas? xDDD
  25. Basics

Basics

Booming Laxen anyone? Best Special Tank in the game just got better.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)