General Analysis: Pokemon XD (In Progress)

zfs

Everything old is new again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
BP Scizor with Morning Sun *would* be sexy as hell, but it's sadly illegal. However, it's still an awesome move for physical sweeping Scizor. How many other things do you know that get SD, a recovery move, and a monster Base Attack/good physical STAB to use it?

Silver Wind is also an egg move, so it's illegal with Morning Sun. =( Scizor could still use Return or something over Silver Wind...

Oh, also, what about Agility, since it's speed is low but it's attack is already pretty high?

moomoonerd said:
Silver Wind is also an egg move, so it's illegal with Morning Sun. =( Scizor could still use Return or something over Silver Wind...
no it isnt cause when you purifie scyther he also get silver wind

zfs

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
moomoonerd said:
I see... That's something to fix on the DB mod then, I guess.
The XD pokemon start with certain egg moves, so they are legal with purification moves. For Scyther (and Scizor, of course), this is Silver Wind.

Rex Iudeorum said:
BP Scizor with Morning Sun *would* be sexy as hell, but it's sadly illegal. However, it's still an awesome move for physical sweeping Scizor. How many other things do you know that get SD, a recovery move, and a monster Base Attack/good physical STAB to use it?

Medicham comes close...*whistles*

zfs

Amazing Ampharos said:
I posted a ton of XD info on the old smogon. Anyone who wants to dig through the archives might find a thing or two unmentioned.
Most of the move info and things are already here, and someone posted the legal egg moves. If you know the compatibility of pre-evos/non-XD pokes with the three new move tutors, please post that, but otherwise I don't know what we might have missed.

I don't quite have the tutor info yet, but I do intend to test it out. For some reason I thought some Pokemon had been left out, but it looks like I'm wrong.

GENGAR GETS SELFDESTRUCT! GENGAR GETS SELFDESTRUCT! YESYESYES

oh wait he has explosion >:(

Metal Sound/Roar/Thunderbolt/filler Zapdos deserves love. It works the same as Tickle Lapras - get a load of Spikes in, and then switch in Zapdos on an Earthquake or on Gyarados or whatever. Metal Sound the switch, and start thinking. Will they switch? Roar for double Spikes damage. Will they stay in? Hit them twice as hard!

If by more useful you mean less useless, yeah Altaria is quite good as a Beller. But usually you'll find Bellers in UU quite redundant unless you get frozen or paralyzed a lot - most status in UU is a sleep move and sometimes Thunder Wave.

What about the new baton passers? Dodrio, hypno, etc....

Will something like this work?

Dodrio/Swellow@Leftovers/Liechi Berry
Evs- Max Speed and Attack
Jolly Nature
~Substitute
~Agility
~Return/Drill Peck (Dodrio)/Hidden Power {Flying}(Swellow)
~Baton Pass

Substitute, agility if it doesn't break, then pass the speed and/or sub to another pokemon. You can sub down to get liechi berry boost, too.

Hypno@Leftovers
Evs- enough for 170 speed, some in special attack, and rest in hp and special defense
Calm Nature
~Calm Mind
~Psychic
~Baton pass
~Thunderpunch

Espy jump with less speed and special attack and more defenses. Calm Mind up and baton pass. Psychic weezing and thunderpunch suicune and skarmory.

After experimenting with Dodrio I can safely say passing Agility is not as useful as everyone thinks. This is what I've been using with decent success.

Dodrio @ CB
Adamant ( + Atk - Satk)
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
-Return / Furstration / Double-Edge
-Hidden Power [Ground] / [Fight]
-Drill Peck
-Baton Pass

Works good in combination with magneton and duggy. come in on something like heracoss that you know will switch and Baton Pass. You can scope out their switch in, usually a normal resist and bring in the appropriate poke. With Spikes out this is a real bitch.

Mekkah said:
Metal Sound/Roar/Thunderbolt/filler Zapdos deserves love. It works the same as Tickle Lapras - get a load of Spikes in, and then switch in Zapdos on an Earthquake or on Gyarados or whatever. Metal Sound the switch, and start thinking. Will they switch? Roar for double Spikes damage. Will they stay in? Hit them twice as hard!
Thanks for giving me more ideas for my already gay spikestall team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)