General Analysis: The 200 metagame

Found in here: http://www.smogon.com/advance/articles/200meta

Credit goes, besides myself, to Kikuichimonchihfoiuh3 (once he posts here I will correct the spelling) for starting his guide. After writing my own version, I checked his if I missed anything.

Guides that are uploaded, like this one, are not completely done. They never are. You can always post suggestions, and if I feel that it should be mentioned (or some other editor does), then it can still be edited in.

Have fun reading!

On the first DDmence Brick Break should be added as an option in the last slot.

Edit and I thought Rhydon doesn't get Double-Edge in 200?

JMC had a reliable Salamence counter with Lunatone, something like Ice Beam/Protect/Hypnosis/Psychic. You'd have to ask him for the EVs, because I don't remember.

JMC

Old as dirt.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
my favorite RS 200 memory was using Vileplume on my team (Sleep Powder, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, HP Fire) The only real counter was Salamence, since even Weezing was 2ko's by solarbeam. I used it in a Marble Palace Tourney and beat like 2 out of three of my opponents 4-0 with it. It was purty.

Oh btw ToP, i had calm mind over protect, mainly to counter skarm that thought it could take it. Heck if i remember the evs...

For 'plume i had max SA and like 198 speed to counter the timid 358'ers. Vileplume is a deadly little bastard.

JMC said:
my favorite RS 200 memory was using Vileplume on my team (Sleep Powder, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, HP Fire) The only real counter was Salamence, since even Weezing was 2ko's by solarbeam. I used it in a Marble Palace Tourney and beat like 2 out of three of my opponents 4-0 with it. It was purty.

Oh btw ToP, i had calm mind over protect, mainly to counter skarm that thought it could take it. Heck if i remember the evs...

For 'plume i had max SA and like 198 speed to counter the timid 358'ers. Vileplume is a deadly little bastard.
I love Vileplume to death, I'll edit this in...but if it's so good, why did I NEVER see this thing? :(

Mosh said:
Where are Crobat and Kingdra?
I have used Crobat and I considered to put it in..meh if I'm putting Grumpig and Hariyama in I might as well do this. Crobat is rather easily countered though - Metagross, Skarmory, Weezing, statused Milotic...however it's the only thing that can stop a healthy Calm Minded Alakazam 100% of the time.

About Kingdra...Regice, Milotic and Ludicolo of course run over this, unless it can Toxic them to death. Nonetheless considerable.

Kordaihn said:
i heard flailgoose was big then too
Zangoose doesn't learn Endure or Substitute, so I doubt that's any useful. Plus Metagross, Skarmory, Dodrio, Medicham and shit own Flailgoose so hard it's not funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)