General Analysis: The Underused Metagame

I prefer 227 on my Salacers to outspeed base 105 pokes, but you could use some more to outspeed Jumpluff, most pokes (say, Gligar) can't afford too many EVs in speed, cause they need defenses and hp to survive and attack to damage stuff effectively. Swellow and Crobat get Quick attack anyways, Swellow has a STAB one too. Persian/Sneasel/etc aren't as common as Electabuzz/Manectric/Scyther... also I see Adamant Crobat and Swellow being more common.

Something I want to talk about involving my only decent metagame, why the hell do people use manny over electrode? SUrely the fact that trode outspeeds everything in UU ie Jump and crobat puts it above manny? But I always see manny on teams and try not to scream. I hate it tht much. I seriously don't see a good reason to use it. =/

Seriously, SBC most people don't worry that much about getting to 400 to outspeed Trode and Crobat. Crobats are Adamant 95% of the time in UU because they still outspeed most of the metagame.

227 is the speed most Salac Pokemon use because again, they're not trying to worry about the base 130 Speeders; the 105'ers are far more common. Not to mention how most Pokemon faster than 105 Speed get Quick Attack anyway.

Electrode runs enough to outspeed Adamant Crobat and Jolly Persian/Sneasel (not that the last two are ever seen). Swellow is rarely Jolly in UU; it's usually Adamant. For the fastest Pokemon in UU, the nature is usually +Atk instead of +Spd.

requesting gligar to go in berry boosters, its arguably the most popular of what you posted

edit: on the physical side

There are 3 UU Pokemon that you haven´t spoken in the guide: Vileplume and Jumpluff.
Vileplume: Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Aromatherapy, HP Grass
Jumpluff: Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Encore, Substitute
Sableye: Knock Off, Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Recover

These 3 Pokemon are very used in UU

Maestro Arena said:
There are 3 UU Pokemon that you haven´t spoken in the guide: Vileplume and Jumpluff.
Vileplume: Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Aromatherapy, HP Grass
Jumpluff: Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Encore, Substitute
Sableye: Knock Off, Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Recover

These 3 Pokemon are very used in UU
Jumpluff isnt even UU, and u BUMPed a 5 month old topic just to say that?

those sets are in the SmogonDex anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)