General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
ok if i misunderstood your post and made wrong assumptions then yea i'm sorry, but you're also making a mountain out of a mole hill with my posts. i just wanted to make clear that we are not factoring last gen into forming opinions for this gen, and in your second post about missy you did in fact state that you were comparing bw missy to xy missy, so that's where my thought process was coming from. i realize now that you probably didn't mean it in that way, but it didn't sound like that when i first read it. again sorry, didn't mean to question your knowledge on your own process in your own tier, i just didn't want a precedent set for future suspect test discussions.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I haven't noticed a lot of big changes to the metagame since Gligar and Swirlix's ban. Stuff like new sets or underrated threats that pop up and have a significant impact, like with the discovery of Belly Drum Swirlix or the rising popularity Compoundeyes Yanma in the past. Not something like Trubbish, which although it is useful, I don't think it's significant enough to impact the meta. The main thing I'm wondering is why is the metagame not changing right now? Is Meditite simply too strong of a force for anything new to develop?

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I haven't noticed a lot of big changes to the metagame since Gligar and Swirlix's ban. Stuff like new sets or underrated threats that pop up and have a significant impact, like with the discovery of Belly Drum Swirlix or the rising popularity Compoundeyes Yanma in the past. Not something like Trubbish, which although it is useful, I don't think it's significant enough to impact the meta. The main thing I'm wondering is why is the metagame not changing right now? Is Meditite simply too strong of a force for anything new to develop?
Well the problem i see is that this is slowly returning to the B/W Meta, once tits is gone there won't be much of a difference besides knockoff being grand. The only gen 6 LC mons that have any impact are bunnelby and fletchling. That and there really isnt a lot you can do in LC, since stall wont happen (to great effectiveness), weather is down the drain, and offensive/bulky offensive is the only real way to go. *shrugs* just my .02, I like LC but with all the bans, the meta has slowed down a LOT

Well the problem i see is that this is slowly returning to the B/W Meta, once tits is gone there won't be much of a difference besides knockoff being grand. The only gen 6 LC mons that have any impact are bunnelby and fletchling. That and there really isnt a lot you can do in LC, since stall wont happen (to great effectiveness), weather is down the drain, and offensive/bulky offensive is the only real way to go. *shrugs* just my .02, I like LC but with all the bans, the meta has slowed down a LOT
It would have been nice if we had gotten any decent fairies besides Spritzee and Cottonee (and cottonee isn't even great at abusing its fairy typing thanks to that 4x poison weakness)

Yeah, it almost makes me wonder if unbanning something but putting a complex ban in place to nerf that pokemon. Whatever we do, we'll have to get creative to stop this from turning into BW LC.

no BD swirlix, and it would be fine.
maybe so. but after thinking about it, there really weren't a ton of significant mechanic changes in the generation shift to affect lc. mega evolutions would have revolutionized the tier like it did all the others, but obviously lc mons wouldn't get that. more fairies would have been appreciated, but their main purpose was to nerf dragons, which have zero impact in lc. the special nerf didn't change anything because most lc mons don't use the moves that god nerfed. it really is as though we were in last gen.

What do you guys think will be the status of Tyrunt after its Hidden Ability is released? Could it pull off a cool SturdyJuice Dragon Dance set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)