1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

General/Introductory Article(s)

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by ForTheLichKing, Dec 16, 2011.

1. ForTheLichKing

ForTheLichKing

Hello ev´ryone,

I have been starting to lurk around here for a while already, and found many really interesting articles here, but there´s one thing thats bugging me because, somehow, it´s either missing completely or just very well hidden (which it should not be).

That thing would be a general introdution into competitive Pokémon battles, what´s important and what´s not, a glossary of different common terms (like, Wall, Sweeper, CB and such stuff), the most important stuff and differences from battling AI (like predicting and stuff); basically, a comprehensive article/some comprehensive articles that will 'enlighten' newcomers who haven´t got any clues about competitive Pokémon battles.
  2. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

3. ForTheLichKing

ForTheLichKing

Then I´d suggest that someone should really update this to B/W (iirc, it´s already been released for, like, a year or smth like that - correct me if I´m wrong), shouldn´t be that hard. From what I´ve seen, the changes are rather minor (other than the addition of new Pokémons and Moves), because it´s really irritating for newcomers when they can´t find any introductory guides (on the first look), and having acutally to click around will already make a quite bad first impression, provided people actually decide to stick around for that long.

Just sayin´

€: I see that the dictionary is actually up-to-date, but I somehow did not manage to find it, simply because it was still listed on D/P. Fixing this (linking this in B/W) shouldn´t be a big deal.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)