1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

General/Introductory Article(s)

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by ForTheLichKing, Dec 16, 2011.

1. ForTheLichKing

ForTheLichKing

Hello ev´ryone,

I have been starting to lurk around here for a while already, and found many really interesting articles here, but there´s one thing thats bugging me because, somehow, it´s either missing completely or just very well hidden (which it should not be).

That thing would be a general introdution into competitive Pokémon battles, what´s important and what´s not, a glossary of different common terms (like, Wall, Sweeper, CB and such stuff), the most important stuff and differences from battling AI (like predicting and stuff); basically, a comprehensive article/some comprehensive articles that will 'enlighten' newcomers who haven´t got any clues about competitive Pokémon battles.
  2. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Was fun while it lasted
    is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

3. ForTheLichKing

ForTheLichKing

Then I´d suggest that someone should really update this to B/W (iirc, it´s already been released for, like, a year or smth like that - correct me if I´m wrong), shouldn´t be that hard. From what I´ve seen, the changes are rather minor (other than the addition of new Pokémons and Moves), because it´s really irritating for newcomers when they can´t find any introductory guides (on the first look), and having acutally to click around will already make a quite bad first impression, provided people actually decide to stick around for that long.

Just sayin´

€: I see that the dictionary is actually up-to-date, but I somehow did not manage to find it, simply because it was still listed on D/P. Fixing this (linking this in B/W) shouldn´t be a big deal.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)