General LC discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Komatana works quite well for the Sub/Roost/Brave Bird/Sucker Punch variants although Brave Bird still hurts quite a bunch. Other than that you've got pretty much any steel type. Magnemite and Aron work pretty well while still having other utility (steel trapping and Rock Polish sweeping).

SkyNet

MediEvil!
Thing is with Offensive Krow you never know if its going to be running Heatwave or HP Ice and when you do find out its too late xD

Scarf Magnemite checks it well though.

Slowpoke hard counters all Murkrow that dont have Toxic or Dark Pulse (or HP Dark). It can suck up LO Brave Birds with ease and then either inflict status or attack or just stall it out.

The problem is they CM, survive, Roost, I barely do anything, they outstall me, get to +6 then rape me.

EDIT: but priority taunt, EM. The problem is there are so many Murkrow sets that no sole Pokemon can counter them all.

SkyNet

MediEvil!
The problem is they CM, survive, Roost, I barely do anything, they outstall me, get to +6 then rape me.

EDIT: but priority taunt, EM. The problem is there are so many Murkrow sets that no sole Pokemon can counter them all.
Well the CM set can be handled with Komatana, its has Competitive Spirit so Murkrow can't Featherdance you down. Hyper Cutter Gligar can start setting up. Swablu can Toxic it and stall it out with Roost.

Oh yeah, forgot about CS. Maybe spamming CB Iron Head will work.

Plus SkyNet, I got to #1 on beta and you didn't :PPP

thanks though

When I play against Murkrow, I just Roar it away with my hippo, rocks can deter it. Beyond that, yeah, Residual damage and Steel types, it's Murkrows worst nightmare. It requires some clever play, but it can be done. Kojofuu can also hurt it with Stone Edge I don't think it OHKO's but it will hurt Murkrow to the point that Brave Bird puts it down to the point that Roost can't save it from clean-up. I think......

Anyways, what's a good lure for Zurrugu counters that isn't weak to Grass? I've been using Agilichou but it doesn't work that well, it's annoying to get in in the first place.

but taunt.

e: The problem is there are way too many Murkrow sets to counter at once, so I'll just fight fire with fire >:d (use my own Murkrow) I also need a missy check so the CM FD Roost HP Dark thing can probably take Tbolt variants on too if it gets a free CM up.

I don't think it should be banned. You can deal with it with Hyper Cutter Gligar using Stone Edge. Any team without Gligar sucks anyway.

Well Gligar has Hyper Cutter and with a bit of prediction, you can win as long as you fire off one Earthquake on the Roost. I wouldn't really call it over-centralizing, it's #1 in usage and on over 40% of Little Cup teams anyway. It's one of those "Well I didn't add it to beat Murkrow but it beats it anyway so 'whatever'" moments. Also, Komatana or whatever it's called can get one Swords Dance off on the Roost or something, then rape with Brick Break. If Murkrow Roosts, Brick Break will just get stronger, and Competitive Spirit will boost your attack back up if Murkrow uses Feather Dance. It's worth a shot IMO although I'm not a big fan of offensive Steel-types unless it's completely needed. Steel STAB really sucks.

The problem with Murkrow, is that by the time you find out what set it has, it's already pulled it off effectively, and you're now in a bad disposition. Yes, Gligar can beat most Murkrow, but if Murkrow gets off a Taunt it still wins, Gligar can't set up, or roost, whereas Murkrow can Roost freely as it wittles your HP down, and some Murkrow run HP Ice. Murkrow is simply too versatile.

I'm just going to close this thread because it was really meant for the very beginning of gen 5 when the metagame was just taking shape and there was so much to discuss. However, now that we are 4 months into gen 5, this thread has really outgrown its usefulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)