1. The moderators of this forum are shade, internet, RODAN, and VonFiedler.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

General Music Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Great Library' started by Haakunite, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Haakunite

Haakunite

Looking for new music to get into. Any genre is fine really, and I wanted a place where people could post what they're listening to currently.

I'll kick the thread off with some songs:

Romanticist likes this.
  2. Ortheore

Ortheore

3. Kazrazragore

Kazrazragore

Kendrick Lamar and Weeknd
  4. RODAN

RODAN wikifeet admin
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Hey, howdy. Maybe a music megathread is a good idea, we have the one for movies and anime so it's kinda weird that we don't have one already. we have the 2017 music thread but thats not really the same.

anyway to kick off this thread; what are some albums you've been listening to lately? any cool recommendations?

Right now I've been listening to a lot of the album Game Theory - The Big Shot Chronicles, which is an extremely 80s power pop album. Absolutely fucking adoring it, sort of reminds me of the cure but better. heres a couple of tracks.

Game Theory - Where You Going Northern
    Game Theory - Crash into June
    Martin likes this.
  5. Martin

Martin Abyssal
    is a Live Chat Contributor

Ooh nice thread RODAN. Glad to have a megathread for people who don't follow new releases which isn't a "favorite album" thread.

Listened to Autobahn earlier; love Kraftwerk. Great band. Relly innovtive for their time. Also listened to Steve Reich - Electric Counterpoint (RODAN I want your thoughts on this) and it is something I *really* want to see performed live by someone because of the way that it is played (someone records all of the different lines (exc. the main line) one by one before the performance and then plays the main line live with the rest playing behind it). Steve Reich in general is pretty great and everyone should check him out imo; I really like minimalism, and his music is a perfect example of good minimalism.
  6. Ghost Cream

Ghost Cream

uhhhhhhhhhhh some hippo campus, some the arctic monkeys, caravan palace, and your voice on discord :)
  7. Felixx

Felixx

Wedding Crashers ( Amińe, Offset )

Rolex ( Ayo & Teo )

Talk ( Daya )
  8. Aubisio

Aubisio krilopot

if you like a more dubstep sort of thing, which I've been trying out.
  9. Guzma

Guzma

Elise likes this.
  10. Martin

Martin Abyssal
    is a Live Chat Contributor

A band that I'm currently exploring a little is Mass of Fermenting Dregs (discography), which are a Japanese alt rock/post rock/shoegaze group. First discovered them when their album "World Is Yours" (embedded below) appeared in my YT recommendations, and which is an enjoyable listen, and then got re-recc'd it by Asek a few months later and was reminded that they existed; my favorite track on that album is definitely かくいうもの (Such Things) due to its addictive driving sound, among other things, making it a really enjoyable listen on the whole. Currently got S/T (also embedded below) playing in the Walrus discord and I'm enjoying it, and I'm just slowly working through their discography really, or at least what I can find of it. Strongly recommend them as a band.

Guzma likes this.
  11. SOMALIA

SOMALIA

12. Kawaii Kyouko

Kawaii Kyouko

Been a Black Metal day here. This particular song has been on repeat a few times. Pretty damn good.

13. gvmgvm40

gvmgvm40

Oh man, I've been going thru RTJ's albums. My favs are probably:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)