The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I never got the impression that their "date" was anything romantic either. It felt like them going out on the town like a bunch of friends would. No real romantic undertones except for when Gama has flowers ready for Mako around the corner, which obviously isn't yuri at all.

xenu

Banned deucer.
No real romantic undertones except for when Gama has flowers ready for Mako around the corner
oh shit i missed that, perhaps there's hope after all. to be honest i was kinda worried gamako had gone titanic but if trigger delivers in the OVA i'll be a happy man.

kill la kill is amazing, golden time redeemed itself well (rip team linda), looking forward to last space dandy

not a bad season at all

Question about the Geass openings. I'm currently on episode 12, and I've noticed that the openers for some episodes go over details that I don't believe were covered in prior ones? Like the fact that Lelouch's ability is named "Geass", or that the girl is named "C.C." (for now, at least). Am I just not paying attention, or are the openers supposed to teach you things?

Its a quick way to get across minute details that would otherwise require dull conversations. I think new details are only in the first few openers though.

Question about the Geass openings. I'm currently on episode 12, and I've noticed that the openers for some episodes go over details that I don't believe were covered in prior ones? Like the fact that Lelouch's ability is named "Geass", or that the girl is named "C.C." (for now, at least). Am I just not paying attention, or are the openers supposed to teach you things?
Actually the openers are only recaps with small philosophical remarks at the end. Things like the witch's name or the name of Lelouch's power were covered (albeit only briefly) in episode 5 where they had their second encounter in Lelouch's living room. To answer your question in particular: Maybe you were just not paying attention at those times :3

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
k i'm going to try to watch
Atelier Escha & Logy ~Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi~
Blade and Soul
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Mekaku City Actors
WIXOSS
Sidonia no Kishi
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Ishuukan Friends
Kamigami no Asobi
Sono Kuroki Tetsu
Soredemo Sekai no Utsukushi
GOOD LUCK ME

i watched ep1 of majin bone cos i felt like it and idk anything about it except something to do with power suits and cards. maybe itll turn out to be good, first ep was decent - ill keep watching unless it turns bad

just judging from the general vibe + the very little i know about it, it might be like yugioh but (hopefully) better and seemingly more mature therefore more interesting

idk ill see

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
k
Blade and Soul could be pretty could, it's probably going to be a revenge story. The first episode was pretty good, things happened and they hinted at some backstory. They didn't leave you clueless but they didn't bog the episode down either. Also, a lot of the women have huge boobs but there is surprisingly little annoying fanservice so if they keep that up it has potential.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
slice of life / probably romance, the first episode is pretty wacky though it did try a little too hard to be random at parts. The characters are pretty well done but the female love interest is not very pretty so w/e i'm sexist. Probably going to be average but it's not painful yet.

WIXOSS
like RODAN said ep 1 was pretty good, it has potential
k 8 more to go

My list of plan to watch this season:

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane
Date A Live 2
Mekakucity Actors
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
Sidonia No Kishi
Hitsugi no Chaika
No Game NO Life
Black Bullet
Kanojo wa Flag
Isshuukan Friends.
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Break Blade
Captain EArth
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Mahouka
Fairy Tail
Dragonrar
Akuma Riddle
Selector Infected
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Very excited for Mahouka sometime today, although I read first ep was nothing special. Been reading the light novels and I've been enjoying those a great deal. Brynhildr is another one I'm looking forward to today, again the manga were fairly entertaining. Most of the anime on my list, I'm fairly excited to see. Very nice season for me personally. Too bad Akame ga Kill or Ao Haru Ride weren't in here :(

Wixoss was alright. I definitely didn't expect it to be a 'card game' anime, but as stated already, first episode was decent. Nothing mind blowing, and it didn't draw me in too much.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou reminded me a bit of Sakurasou with the moving in with weird roomies type of deal. I found it amusing as of the first ep.

Fairy Tail is...Fairy Tail which could be good or bad depending on the person. The forehead to forehead Natsu -> Lucy during the OP was cute though, not gonna lie.

Right, "Weaksauce" has a premise that could be good. I'm not a huge fan of the characters, though. It'll have to come through.

On the other hand, this show is pretty dang solid when it comes to characters and humor. Too bad this and WIXOSS can't fusion-ha.

Captain Earth is "cool". Further judgement will have to wait, but I'll definitely keep watching.

I'll watch JoJo's part 3 when I'm done watching JoJo's part 2.

My list for this spring is pretty short. Waiting for summer for some certain anime to have a certain s2.
Black Bullet - the title of the anime sounds frickin awesome
Date A Live S2 - still on S1. Loving it.
Gokukoku(kokoko) No Byrnhildr - It's Arms... so, not expecting TOO much, but it does look good.
Hitsugi No Chaika - Bones, so meh. Still looks good based on what I've read about it.
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Ichika is in it. Period.
But yes, summer is bringing in a lot of the big guns like SAO S2, reboot of Sailor Moon, and (OMG) Tokyo ESP, so this is just a warmup.

Last edited:

RODAN

Banned deucer.
akuma no riddle is interesting, it has serious danganronpa vibes if everyone was an assassin and was a yuri. also it takes itself more seriously too probably, idk ill give it 3 eps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)