General OU Team

I started this team out wanting/needing a lead, magic bounce, entry hazards and general balance. I started out with picking pokemon i really like using and then i modified the team to account for other members weaknesses.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Lax Nature (+Def, -SDef)
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

Skarmory fills the role of a lead and setting up entry hazards. Skarmory works really well it walls all physical lead and has the ability to phaze pokemon who like to set up. Works really well with other leads who want to set up entry hazards as i can swap to espeon.

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

LOVE THIS DUDE! He is my favourite pokemon to work with. I personally love the sub puncher more but i needed some priority on the team. Idea behind Breloom, spore - swords dance - sweep. His fire weakness is covered by shandelure who gets the flash fire boost which rapes.

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Wish
- Protect

Magic bounce. Such a handy thing to have on a team. Can provide wish support to the team as well as calm mind up and sweep. The EVs are the way they are so espeon can take more SDef hits as i dont have a lot of SDef bulk in the team.

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Provides flash fire. Fire is a weakness to skarmory and breloom and the flash fire + Chandelure SAtt is some real power. Hes scarfed to add some speed to the team. Moveset pretty common

Electivire (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ThunderPunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop

Newest member of the team. I wanted a pokemon who could take the electric weakness of gyarados and skarmory. I originally was using a gliscor but i already had another physical wall so it didn't really add thing. Electivire gets the Motor Drive boost and with his really good coverage moveset can really do some damage to teams.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Bounce

Another Earthquake immunity. I really love this set. It can switch in on so many pokemon and set up a DD. With a DD you can most times K0 1 pokemon which means another attack boost. This works well. The water pokemon is also very handy

Hope you can understand everything im saying. Rate the team. Cheers

this is a pretty good looking team. I do however, suggest switching bounce on gyarados because you'll have a weakness against rain teams (thunder can hit pokemon in the air)

Hi pretty good team.

For electivire I would add wild charge other then thunder punch sense its the newer and the better physical electric move.

Also I would watch out with those weather teams sense a dorozu can really sweep you team maybe you can add a standered azumarill instead of maybe your gyrados.

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adament Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- waterfall
- Superpower/ Double edge
- Ice punch

Also in my opinion espeon would be better with stored power then psychic sense you have a calm mind set.

Hope i helped.(:

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
He doesn't need Azumarill to beat Excadrill, he has Techniloom. This is a Dream World team btw, you should put it in the title (it's in the prefix thing)

Since it's Dream World use Shadow Tag instead of Flash Fire on Chandelure, it allows you to revenge kill anything you want.

Is there any sense in Skarmory having a -SDef nature, or just a typing error? Impish would be right, I think.

Thanks for the help thats really good handy. I changed the nature of Skarmory that was just an error. I really like flash fire on chandelure because he gets the boost and it gives full immunity to fire. Thunderpunch is the best electric move for electivire as the only other physical is a move that has recoil and im not a fan of that. Ill try out a azumarill and ill let you guys know
Thanks for all the help much appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)