SPOILERS! General Pokémon Anime Discussion

Considering Charizard was the first thing taken down in the last battle against Brandon (I believe it was a Dusclops) it probably wouldn't have helped much more than Torkoal.
In fairness, Charizard only lost because Ash ordered a Seismic Toss, forgetting Fighting attacks wouldn't work. Dusclops used this to its advantage and turned the fight around.

What are some of your theories on Nurse Joy?

According to the anime they are a large family of very similar(*cough* identical) looking women.

If this is true it must be weird for their husbands. Knowing that your child is going to look exactly like your wife.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
What are some of your theories on Nurse Joy?

According to the anime they are a large family of very similar(*cough* identical) looking women.

If this is true it must be weird for their husbands. Knowing that your child is going to look exactly like your wife.
Incest. That is all.

Gonna bump this because I just swung by Serebii. Apparently there's gonna be a new season of the anime. That'd be nothing special per se, but just look at this pic

CHARIZARD IS COMING BACK!!!! :D

Perhaps Ash has to get together a team of his strongest to fight N and Team Plasma? I dunno, but I hope we see more of his old Pokémon (Pidgeot, Primeape, Lapras, etc.). And maybe Team Rocket could keep staying badass (I've heard rumors James gets an Amoongus!)

Alright, he's not too bad...I do wonder what character development they're going to be doing with N, and even if he'll own Pokémon (or if he'll be like Max and have to be rescued like every other episode). But Ash's Charizard is quite awesome, so if he becomes a "regular" cast member (as much as one of Ash's party Pokémon can be), I may start watching the show again, and not just the League battles.

judging by the fact that Ghetsis is in his black robes, Corlress exists, and Neo Plasma is in search of N, it's pretty clear this takes place 2 years after N awakening Reshiram, like in the game.

Anyone catch the new movie tonight?

Just some quick comments. I was glad to see Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo in action. I liked the idea of challenging Kyurem in order to join the Swords of Justice. Glad the focus stayed on Keldeo rather than having Ash and Pikachu swoop in and save the day. Animation was on par with previous installments--all the ice looked especially nice. I also really want a Darumaka lunch container now.

However, the movie just about jumped the shark when they effectively broke into the museum and Iris piloted the blimp to lure the Cryogonal away. I haven't followed the TV series in about a year, so there's probably a reason for this, but it was a bit disconcerting to barely see Team Rocket in this movie.

Overall, Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice isn't quite in the top half of my favorite Pokemon movies, but it was decent.

Relative to other Pokemon movies, maybe a 7.5/10? It was fine, not super-exciting but some nice fights between Keldeo and Kyurem save it.

For reference, The Rise of Darkrai and Giratina & The Sky Warrior are my favorites, and I give them like a 9.5/10; Destiny Deoxys is my least favorite and gets like a 4.5/10.

I don't remember a whole lot of the Victini movie (only saw it once when it first came out), but this new one is not quite as good, if I remember correctly. It's not something you'll want to go out of your way to watch, but it's not a total waste of time if you happen to see it.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Destiny Deoxys is my least favorite and gets like a 4.5/10.
Funny how preferences differ. Destiny Deoxys is my favourite among the movies. It's one of the few where the fate of the world isn't at stake, it has some neat characters, and Ash isn't the "chosen one" here. He's just another bystander who happens to be in the way when a rampaging Rayquaza seeks out Deoxys. It doesn't feel as forced as the other movies, where any- and everything revolves around Ash and friends.

Many view Destiny Deoxys as "random legendaries randomly fighting", but one has to understand Rayquaza's motive here. One has to start at the beginning. Rayquaza is the king of the sky. Nobody, ever, touches Rayquaza or interrupts him when flying. Pokémon like Pidgeot and Skarmory hide in their nests when Rayquaza flies overhead. Heatran and Garchomp dig a little lower into the ground when hearing his roars. Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno wisely stay far away from him. Rayquaza is boss, and he knows it.
Then one day, Deoxys bumps into him, taking no note of this ruler of the atmosphere. Rayquaza decides that this insult will cost dearly, and charges. And to his great surprise, this offender puts up a fair fight. In the end, Rayquaza's fiercest attack obliterates Deoxys, and Rayquaza flies away somewhat satisfied.

But Deoxys awakens, and Rayquaza, eager for a fight, seeks it out. After all, Deoxys hurt him last time. It's time for a rematch, and this time, Deoxys will learn to stay out of the atmosphere for good.

However, a grain of doubt is planted in Rayquaza's mind during the match over LaRousse city. Deoxys doesn't seem to be the challenger Rayquaza perceived it as, and it appears to care more for his friend than for battling. In the end, Rayquaza understands that Deoxys is a worthy opponent, but not a direct threat. They leave LaRousse together as friends.

So for anyone who hasn't seen the new episode...
James's Amoonguss is revealed, and Jessie's Frillish is revealed.

What do you guys think about these new Pokémon? I don't think they were introduced in a proper way, so I don't feel much connection to them. They just seem like good battlers, that's all. Really, the only Pokémon I feel acquainted with in Team Rocket (besides Meowth) is James's Yamask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)